The Christian / Wiccan Relationship. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MiStiEM00K

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:20 pm
ahmkay,
i;m a christian, a catholic and i;m a strong believer.

still, the cheif principal of our religion is
"love God, and love thy neighbor as thyself"

however, which God was not specified.
and so, i love my God, and you love yours.
and torwards anyone that does not love MY God, i still must love, because i must love all others as i love myself.

so, just because SOME christians are a bit closed minded, doesn;t mean we all are.

tolerance is the most imporant part of our faith, regardless of our tainted history.
remember, before WE were persecuting pagans
THEY were persecuting US.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:20 pm
This is funny! Aww, I do love a good laugh. But in anycase, who cares? Its just two religions. Why are we arguing about this? Its like the person who made this just wanted to start a controversy and make people hate each other. Look past your religions and look at what you have in common. I'm christian, but I have friends that are athiest, christian, catholic(though basicly the same religion, the minor difference's between the two cause major controversy and spark most of the inter-christian battles), hindu, muslim, and even wiccan. Infact, I have like 6 friends that are wiccan, but not once have we fought or hated each other. I'm not saying anyone in here hates another person, but its bound to happen at some point. I'm dating someone right now that is athiest. Infact all my ex's are Athiest. Just, who cares? Look at your simalarities, when you come to find you have none, then by all means! Fight! Argue! Hate! But, you know. Just think about it. Go about you business. I'll check up on this forum in a week or two. wink  

Christian Monroe

Aged Sex Symbol

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200

SinginginSilence

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:32 pm
Not to jump on the bashing bandwagon, which is to say that I like bipedal motion better (more exercise), the bible (n.b. deliberately small case) was written by man and we all know that man is given to, shall we say, poetic license. Not to bash those of the Christian persuasion, but perhaps you should treat the bible more as guidelines rather than infallible truth. Now I'm a firm agnostic. I don't pretend to know the great mystery of Divinity I'm just merely throwing out a few harmless (no target here) suggestions. I was raised christian and even went to a christian school for my early education. There are some wonderful principles to that religion. I'm going to tell you what I've told every one else who's tried to convert me (forcefully). Religion as a theory is a wonderful concept as a practice...ehhh not so much. If you (and you know who you are) must flame me by all means go ahead, but just to let you know before you give yourselves typers cramp. No amount napalm, tnt, and other ballistic material is going to change my rather cynical view of religion. There I've said my piece. Let the flaming begin.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:52 am
The Vatican is flawed, just like every other Government authority. Now don't say that i hate Christianity and all it has done is caused me pain. People have the right to believe in whatever deity they do so choose. But when they start pushing their chosen religion on others, it get rather annoying.
This is a true story...it actually happened to me.
Ok, i like to take a MetalShop class at my school. And for one of the projects we had to make a circle with a certain diameter and create a symbol to go inside the circle... So i created a pentacle. And from that day on i was called: A devil worshipper, Satan, The Devil, a Witch..etc. It didn't bother me really at first but when the class started waving crosses and spashing me with water in expectancy that i would melt or be burned just pissed me off.

The Vaticans history is as bloody as any other religions. People have fought in and are still fighting in Holy Wars. It really became noticable when the Vatican starting killing any who opposed theiir "Gods Way". Now i put that in quotations because of two things. ONe the Bible did not fall from heaven or arrive in a flash of blinding light, no it was created by man who argued over every little detail in each book. The sayings and books that made Jesus seem mortal (which he was) were removed and hidden away. This is the first showing of History that has been twisted and formed to the winners (in this case, the Church) desire.
History is about the truth, not what the winning side said what happened.

Any problems, questions or whatever, just PM me and i will sort it all out.  

LadyKaylaBeaner

sakura-haruno-sister

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:45 pm
Why do people bash others becuase of their faith??? I'm a christain and I support wicca. Am I a freak of ature will you bash me even though I only told you that I support wiccan and christianity?? I could tell you who I am, would you still hate me then or would you accept me? I serve mass at my church, I handle the holy water. I bless myself, I get mad when people disregard God or start bashing Jesus. I support Wicca becuase it's contributed so much to society. Some modern medicine has Wicca to thank, They studied herbs and their property for 'poinious' potions. Really some potions were for health problems.

Some of you are saying that 'the church is bending their words to make it law', it really isn't. Jesus wanted people to live in peace without ridicule, without hate. I try at school to stop fights, help people recover after fights with friends or boyfriends. If you say that all I'm doing is trying to win points to get in heavben your wrong, totally wrong. I think Ghandi and the Dalli Llama are people thart need to be taken more seriously.

Just this past week I had to explain to a friend that women and men are equal in their rights and their oportunities. If I go around and start yelling at you for wearing the Star Of David what would you do?? You would start to ridicule me on my faith. If every person on Earth lost something presious to them becuase they bashed someone on their religon, then I think only a small handfull of people like me would have precious things left.

People ridicule others becuase of their beliefs just becuase their different. Some people at my school wear the exact same stuff on the exact same day just to look the same. They yell at me becuase I'm part goth. My aunt made me changed into a new outfit before I went to a summer camp one day becuase I was wearing a black top and a pair of white pants. I wear black shirts or pants once in a while. The main black article of clothing I wear is a black Gir zip-up jacket that my mother got me for Christmas. Yes I said CHRISTMAS!!! But I stand up for me and my goth BFFLs becuase we want to be noticed for our own unique style. I wear retro shirt that say things like 'Save our planet, it's the only one we have' becuase I care what happens.

If you are going to bash me becuase of this then I will quit "Why Not??" becuase I want to be in a guild that will support my induviduality for who I REALLY am. I don't shop at AE, holister, acrombee ficth, I don't care if you do. I have my own live and this is how I plan to live it, ME, an anime loving, manga reading, swimming, Wicca supporting, artisan, yaoi loving, gaia fanatic Christian who care how people treat me, my friends and family, and the rest of this planet, just becuase they are biased of their religon, gender, sexuality, heritage, family tree, or their opinoin. If people continue to think this then I would rather be dead where people don't care what you look like, just who you were.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:07 pm
I have my own religion based on every religion. I know sounds crazy. but if you look you will see that all the religions tie together in some way. They may not all be the same thing that ties them but there's always something. Even the Wiccans tie into Christianity. You can call me wrong, crazy, mental, and insane but I'm perfectly happy with the religion that makes me happy.  

Light Jade

ItsStillSuppie

Greedy Bloodsucker

8,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:38 am
(Heh..just seeing this makes me want to tell my mom to join gaia...)
Anyways...Im very much Wiccan(Im also various other things) but I definately do not hate the Christians...I moslty dislike the certain Christians with the whole thing with screaming to the crowd and things. But seriously, Wiccans dont worship Satan..Its called Satanists people!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:03 pm
To all those who think they understand this situation:
You don't.

To those who think they are a wiccan:
I can almost promise you, you're not.

To just about everyone in the thread:
Remember, you are so wrong that it hurts.

This has been a public service anouncement (and an abuse of power, because I'm not likely to be seriously reprimanded for this post... but most anyone else would be).

~

There is no long-standing battle between Christians and wiccans. Wicca was created in the 50's, and given a history so those that chose to follow it could create some sense of identity for themselves. The validity of the cult depends entirely on whether or not you think there is such a thing as "magic." If you do not believe in "magic," then the cult is nonsense. If you do believe there is such a thing as magic, then you have right to be "interested/cncerned."

~

You can only really be a wiccan if you were initiated into either a Gardnerian or Alexandrian coven. Otherwise, 99.9% of the time, you are lying to yourself. The only way to be a wiccan without having joined one of the foreamentioned covens is to have been directly contacted/chosen by the Lord and Lady. In which case, you'd know their names, and what the elemental weapon of ether is.

If you do not know the names of the Lord and Lady, and the elemental weapon of Ether, you are not a wiccan. You are in a self designed nature-based polytheistic neo-pagan religion. Not a wiccan.

~

Simply a rule of the subforum. You are all wrong. ^_^

To be more useful of me:

Until you can crush someone elses argument and show that yours is supreme (through rational arguments based on sound reasoning and evidence, not through personal attacks), you are wrong.

Please, for the love of whatever you care about and believe in, stop making the some idiotic comments back and forth. You are NOT getting anything new from the discussion. No one is making any headway. The thread started on a fairly stupid note, was carried stupidly on (helped by yours truly), and I'd like someone to either step up with an mazing and original argument, or to not post at all. Either "take the day," ending the thread, or let the whole topic drop to the bottom.

The next post in this thread that is not unique and re-presents points already presented in this thread gets the thread locked.
~

The above post has only presented things previously said in the thread. If anyone argues against locking the thread, the thread will be locked. Keep to the subject and be "unique," or don't post at all.  

Khalida Nyoka
Vice Captain

Mythic-TwilighT-Venom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:49 pm
yes well most of the bible was taken out do to homosexuality the actual second coming of juesus and sheer violence also refrences to powerful demons and practionars of magic. so the bible isnt even complete but ppl follow it blindly NEVER follow something blindly always question why  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:05 pm
Khalida Nyoka
To all those who think they understand this situation:
You don't.

To those who think they are a wiccan:
I can almost promise you, you're not.

To just about everyone in the thread:
Remember, you are so wrong that it hurts.

This has been a public service anouncement (and an abuse of power, because I'm not likely to be seriously reprimanded for this post... but most anyone else would be).

~

There is no long-standing battle between Christians and wiccans. Wicca was created in the 50's, and given a history so those that chose to follow it could create some sense of identity for themselves. The validity of the cult depends entirely on whether or not you think there is such a thing as "magic." If you do not believe in "magic," then the cult is nonsense. If you do believe there is such a thing as magic, then you have right to be "interested/cncerned."

~

You can only really be a wiccan if you were initiated into either a Gardnerian or Alexandrian coven. Otherwise, 99.9% of the time, you are lying to yourself. The only way to be a wiccan without having joined one of the foreamentioned covens is to have been directly contacted/chosen by the Lord and Lady. In which case, you'd know their names, and what the elemental weapon of ether is.

If you do not know the names of the Lord and Lady, and the elemental weapon of Ether, you are not a wiccan. You are in a self designed nature-based polytheistic neo-pagan religion. Not a wiccan.

~

Simply a rule of the subforum. You are all wrong. ^_^

To be more useful of me:

Until you can crush someone elses argument and show that yours is supreme (through rational arguments based on sound reasoning and evidence, not through personal attacks), you are wrong.

Please, for the love of whatever you care about and believe in, stop making the some idiotic comments back and forth. You are NOT getting anything new from the discussion. No one is making any headway. The thread started on a fairly stupid note, was carried stupidly on (helped by yours truly), and I'd like someone to either step up with an mazing and original argument, or to not post at all. Either "take the day," ending the thread, or let the whole topic drop to the bottom.

The next post in this thread that is not unique and re-presents points already presented in this thread gets the thread locked.
~

The above post has only presented things previously said in the thread. If anyone argues against locking the thread, the thread will be locked. Keep to the subject and be "unique," or don't post at all.

I completely disagree with you. You can't decide who is Wiccan or not, and you can not decide if everyone here is wrong or not. You are not God and you have no right to tell people who are Wiccan that they are not just because you interpreted the religion differently.  

Hold on a Minute

0Jason Voorhees0

Romantic Werewolf

9,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:24 am
Evil Karma Angel
Most Christians believe that Wiccans ((aka Witches)) worship Satan on PURPOSE. A huge, fat LIE. So, why? The word WITCH can't even be in the Bible? Why?
BECAUSE: The New Testament was first written in Greek. And the Greeks didn't have the word witch. THe closest is SORCERESS.

Witch:
Etymology: Middle English wicche, from Old English wicca, masculine, wizard & wicce, feminine, witch; akin to Middle High German wicken to bewitch, Old English wigle divination, and perhaps to Old High German wIh holy -- more at VICTIM
1 : one that is credited with usually malignant supernatural powers; especially : a woman practicing usually black witchcraft often with the aid of a devil or familiar : SORCERESS -- compare WARLOCK
2 : an ugly old woman : HAG
3 : a charming or alluring girl or woman
4 : a practitioner of Wicca
5 : WITCH OF AGNESI

Sorceress:
A woman who is a Sorcerer
A person who practices sorcery
Etymology: Middle English wysard, from wis, wys wise
1 archaic : a wise man : SAGE
2 : one skilled in magic : SORCERER
3 : a very clever or skillful person

Yet that doesn't even fit! And I watched it on the History Channel:
They replaced the word "Poisoner" with "Witch". Why? To convert the Pagans in Europe, and in England (and that area) the Wiccans.

Wiccan VS Christianity
Our only amniosity toward Christianity, or toward any other religion or philosophy in life, is to the extent that these institutions have claimed to be "the one true right and only way" and have sought to deny freedom to others and to suppress other ways of religios practices and belief.
In other words:
Witches are sick and tired of people in other religions passing judgment and spreading lies about our belief system just because they are either insecure in their own faithor don't realize that many paths to God (or Diety/ies) exist in our universe. These unenlightened people think that by hurting us is better then admitting that people should be free to believe as they want to believe. Witches to dont hate Christians, Jews, or follower os Islam; however, then people from these structured groups try to hurt us with lies, gossip, or physical force, they can expect us Witches to be upset and fight back.

I agree with you; but One thing you gotta remember though, back then they were idiots focused on their Ideals being the truthfull one. I mean, look at the crusades, a whole war just to convert any other religion to cristianity (supposedly to keep them from going into "hell"). Even though they had no right to do so, and that the bible told them not to, they were blinded by evil to do the "right" thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:04 am
... wow that whole fist post.... uhh I have one responce, there almost exactly the same, same ideas same god for the most part, christians just got pissed about something and blamed us like they do every one else, we dont worship satan, we arent evil, were just like u with our own beliefs dont like it get the ******** over it. thank you  

last angel served

tikitales

Sparkly Loiterer

11,775 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:52 am
well personally I am Shamanistic, a native american religion practiced by my ancesstors for over 3,000 years...
which is a cousin to all pagan religions...
at one time in my life I was in school to become a non denomintional preacher and I learned while studying the bible that it is simply a book of philosophy that man has changed to fit what they would like the populace to believe (28 chapters or books are known to have been removed from the bible and it is possible that more were removed, also many were changed by corrupt religious leaders, this is known by the people who preach chrianity to you every sunday)...
My family has a bible from the 1500's that says nothing at all about homosexuality, magic being evil or about worshiping only the christian god...
it also mentions heaven as more of a resting place between existances (in other words until u are reincarnated) and hell is only mentioned as a destruction of ur spirit or the end of ur jorney thru space and time...
also I have spent many an hour discussing the bible with some of the most notable pastures/preachers...
the bible is not to be taken litterally...
it is a book akin to poetry or philosophy...
it is meant to teach us of others mistakes in regards to being human, it is most certainly not a rule book...
I have friends from many religions and more often than not I am alienated by christian friends who believe that their religion (the bible) is the only correct and moral one...
but paganism was the first religion and it will continue on in to always...
and in actuality Wicca has been around for thousands maybe tens of thousands of years, but the term Wicca wasn't coined untill the mid 50's...
The Wicca from today is basically the same as practiced by the ancient celts and the practioners should be treated with the respect they deserve...
We as Pagans only wish for peace, harmony among the masses and an end to being judged by others who do not understand the truth of these accepting religions and the peace it brings to your life when u no longer have to strive for perfection of some books standards and u can simply accept yourself as you are...in the end I mean no disrespect and I love all people...
I just wanted to write my piece and dispell some misbeliefs...^^...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:31 am
Personally, I do not have a specific religion. I would rather observe than participate in a particular belief system and I have created my own ideas from all the religions I have seen in my own lifetime. It's really no use trying to persuade me otherwise, because I find observance most fun.

As such, here are a few things for you to think on:

Wicca was created in the 1950's. It has not been around very long.

Christianity was created hundreds of years ago. In the grand scheme of things, it hasn't been around very long, either.

Question: do single-cell animals pray? I doubt it.

Humans, as far as I know, created the phenomenons of both religion and intolerance.

Fact: The bible is a book(God does not write). Its name itself means, "book" in latin. Do you worship the Greek Gods(whom do not write, either) because you read a well-written, Greek, mythology book?

The bible was written years after Jesus Christ existed, with help from people who never met Jesus Christ and never saw or heard God in any way. The bible was written by human men with human faults who preached fallible, human values and ideas to fallible humans. As the years went on, the ideas in the bible were changed by humans with no connection to God, the ideas were mistranslated, reworded, added, taken away, and given embellishment. Preachers added and changed things during their sermons and speeches.

The original ideas of both religions were peace and love. Peace and love does not equal war and hatred. So, the best thing for now is to try to listen to the voices of the past and get along with each other!

Question: If God existed, would he really have created the Devil and Hell, despite loving us all? Would God have knowingly created sin? Would he have created other religions for us to believe in if he didn't want someone to believe in them?

Another thing, remember, before Christianity was accepted by the Pagans of Rome, it was prosecuted just as harshly as Paganism was prosecuted in the days to come after, when Christianity became the dominant religion. Paganism had hundreds of years to be the dominant religion, and it was.

In my opinion, Wiccans are just putting up a fuss because you're not used to what Pagans have had to relax and endure for centuries longer than Wicca has existed. I'd also like to note that witches are not Wiccans. A witch can be Wiccan and a Wiccan can be a witch, but they are two different things.

Wicca, Paganism, Buddhism, Islam, or some other religion, will, in the days to come, become the new dominant religion, and then Christians will complain about being oppressed, just like Pagans are doing right now. This is not wrong or right, this is merely human life.  

Bruce of House Banner

6,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items