Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free Gold!
  Gimmie Monies!
View Results

habitualParadoxifier

Interesting Conventioneer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:33 pm
I want to share with you this real life experience. Yes, I'm not making this up. It really did happen to me.
My once-friend (she won't return my sister's calls anymore on account of my sis's personality. She's not mean, but a bit immature at times) has adopted parents who could be classified as "super-christians." Now, I'm not sure which branch of Christianity they belive in, but it's apperently influenced their adopted daughter (who I shall call, "M." I'm "L," 'cause I'm too lazy to write the whole name):
L: Do you belive in magic spells?
M: Magic is evil. It says so in the bible.
L: No it doesn't.... where?
M: Hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil.
L: What does that have to do with it?
M: Evil? Whichcraft, Spells.

I forgot the rest... it was 2 or three years ago and I'm pretty tired right now.
The only reason people say it's evil is either because of jelousy, or xenophobia (which is, by the way, fear of anything foriegn). They don't know it, they can't understand it, so their unconcious minds call it evil because it frustrates their concious mind. That gradually moves up to the concious mind, or people tell them it's evil and why and they say everyone knows it, so they start to think it's evil.

Which brings me to another thing: If you say spells/magic are evil (whichcraft may be, but it depends on the type, really), tell me why.

And since people are so afraid of magic, could it have been because of traumatic experiences in the past, like magic of, let's say, a dictator?
Wouldn't that prove the existence of magic to those who don't belive?

Thus ends my rant for today.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:12 am
Lillian_the_Goddess
I want to share with you this real life experience. Yes, I'm not making this up. It really did happen to me.
My once-friend (she won't return my sister's calls anymore on account of my sis's personality. She's not mean, but a bit immature at times) has adopted parents who could be classified as "super-christians." Now, I'm not sure which branch of Christianity they belive in, but it's apperently influenced their adopted daughter (who I shall call, "M." I'm "L," 'cause I'm too lazy to write the whole name):
L: Do you belive in magic spells?
M: Magic is evil. It says so in the bible.
L: No it doesn't.... where?
M: Hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil.
L: What does that have to do with it?
M: Evil? Whichcraft, Spells.

I forgot the rest... it was 2 or three years ago and I'm pretty tired right now.
The only reason people say it's evil is either because of jelousy, or xenophobia (which is, by the way, fear of anything foriegn). They don't know it, they can't understand it, so their unconcious minds call it evil because it frustrates their concious mind. That gradually moves up to the concious mind, or people tell them it's evil and why and they say everyone knows it, so they start to think it's evil.

Which brings me to another thing: If you say spells/magic are evil (whichcraft may be, but it depends on the type, really), tell me why.

And since people are so afraid of magic, could it have been because of traumatic experiences in the past, like magic of, let's say, a dictator?
Wouldn't that prove the existence of magic to those who don't belive?

Thus ends my rant for today.

you know, I dont think the 'hear no evil' saying is in the bible... it might be, but that's not my initial thought. could be wrong tho. and regardless, that saying has nothing at all to do with magick. however, the bible does say 'thou shalt not suffer a witch to live' (tho the word 'witch' was mistranslated in the middle ages, and is really supposed to be 'poisoner' in the original hebrew.. but unfortunately that changes nothing) and I believe there are several references in the bible as to the evils of reading tarot and casting spells. dont know where they are, you could find a bible online and do a keyword search thru it if you really want to know.

I personally dont think it's evil in and of itself. I think magick is a tool. like a hammer. it could be used to fix something, or bash someones head in.. the good or bad of it depends on the person using the tool.  

Calypsophia

1mysterio1

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:14 am
from Hook: "I do believe in fairies, i do believe in fairies"
You could say the same about magic, if you believe in it, it can be real.
Likewise those who say they don't believe in magic, kill the magic for themselves, and why limit yourself and your imagination.  
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:27 pm
canyou help me pls

this ismy deam avi

User Image
Total Value: 298,164 Gold
[Item Information]

Item List:
Oculus Magica
Doll Ears
Elemental Hair
Winter Rose
Winter Rose
Fancy Pink Ribbon  

Ryainn

Ryainn

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:30 pm

pls help my this is my dream avi i can buy this all help me

User Image
Total Value: 298,164 Gold
[Item Information]

Item List:
Oculus Magica
Doll Ears
Elemental Hair
Winter Rose
Winter Rose
Fancy Pink Ribbon  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:34 pm
Um, you DO realizie you just spammed and double-posted, and in the completely wrong forum and thread for that kind of stuff >.>  

King Robert Silvermyst

CaptinRedRibbon

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:25 pm
Magic,
Its something I imagine is a feeling
whether its being in love
Or seeing a magician Make Elephant dissapear
Its a feeling of awe.
But that my veiw  
Kyakume generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 10!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:34 am
I truly believe in magik, and practice it as well. No one can truly explain what magic is but most people know that it is there. People who say magik is fake say so because magic is not around them. If you believe in magik, it will always be there. But this is just my point on this topic. I may be right or I may be wrong.  

Kyakume

last angel served

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:35 am
I believe magic is real but depending on it's use it may be both good or evil...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:08 pm
I believe that magic (religious) is purely psychological. After all, the whole ceremony shpeel is to focus your mind (this is in my opinion only, don't get self righteous). I've used it (the power of the mind) and because I was so focused on what I wanted to happen (within my own head, seeing a pattern here) that it did. Other than that, i don't believe in using it to manipulate my surroundings (did it once and paid for it in spades). Parlour magic is just the ooo aaah variety. I don't really care for it. I guess what I'm trying to say is that magic is in the belief and therefore your head.  

SinginginSilence

Xxx Macabre xxX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:04 pm
hmmmm, Well i think magic is all around us and some of us forget it! Some things happen that are rather odd or unexplainable and i would say that some of it could be due to magic! ^^ but i think truely that magic is wat we make it! Ya got to believe! ^_^"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:17 pm
I believe truly and honestly that magic exists. I believe that stories of people realizing that there relatives or someone close have died at the exact moment it happens are truly possible. I believe that love and other things can cause magic to happen  

bighairy dog

LadyKaylaBeaner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:05 pm
Magick is the life essence that runs through everything. Taken away, all would perish.
Magick is the creativity of a person, its what inspires them to do what they do.
Magick is real, most people are just to stuborn to realise it...they won't belive anything that can't be proved by science... Take away the magick that runs the lives of humans and all that is left is a human body but no spirit to fill it. All of humanity would lose the will to live.

Magick is real. It is the older magick of the ancients that has to never be lost.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:15 am
my view in magic..well...hmmm...idk how to explain it...well..lets put it like this...for me..im my own world..magic is something unique and special...not everyone has it. only those with a mature state have it. but i have a little..i dont noe wat it is but sometimes i see things that aren't meant to be seen and do stuff that weren't meant to happen.. sweatdrop what am i saying there is no such thing as magic...there just fate. sad but im my fantasy there is magic and it beautiful...yup..thats mine and no one elses. a world where there happyness..that my magic world.  

saya shalto

-Less than Graceful-

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:37 am
I think that the bonds between people could be magic but it's more of a psychic bond, ever hear the saying 'great minds think a like' if two people have spent enough of their life together they develope a bond of their brain-waves. Quite cool acctually, I have a bit of one with by best friend (literally for all of my life so far) I know when she needs the toilet..... don't ask xd

Magic though hmmm that's a toughy, i believe in magic, not the card trick ones; that's just maths. But people like David Blaine who can steal a watch from someone, have it appear in a shop window then take it out of the window by putting a piece of news-paper over the glass and pushing his hand through it O.O i'm gonna have to put a link to a video aren't I?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGxgV-i1OJ8  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces