Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Riddles~! Riddles~! Riddles~! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RIddle?
  My brains hurts
  It tickles ya brain
View Results

G0d_0f_R0ck

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:06 pm
u r correct
the more u feed me the more i grow high
but give me water and i simply will die  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:04 pm
hippie34
2x2=4 2+2=4
ur in aroom with four windows all facing north there are no doors and no appliances or anything at all in the room just u a bear passes outside what color is the bear

You mean all the windows are facing south. Polar bears are in the northern hemisphere, not the southern.

I'm guessing a pile of sodium.  

Lightwater2520

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:25 pm
I believe it's fire.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:54 am
I can't believe I did not see that. I concur with Kazenge.  

Lightwater2520

Lord VanHellsing13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:11 am
Lightwater2520
I can't believe I did not see that. I concur with Kazenge.

me too  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:51 pm
New riddle
We went hiking someplace where the trails are marked in time and not distance. For example if we wanted to go from two points that were 12 miles from Point X to Point Y then the sign would read perhaps 4.5 hours instead of 12 miles.

On this particular day, we were planning to hike from Point A to Point C via Point B, where we would stop for lunch. At the outset the trail markers told us that it was 8 hours from A to C.

At Point B where we stopped for lunch, we had our lunch and got ready to get back on the trail. The markers told us that it was 3 hours back to Point A and 3 hours to Point C. These signs proved to be completely accurate. How could this be?'  

Lightwater2520

FoxDemonNarutoGurl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:58 pm
Im not quite sure I'll get this right but its worth a try
I'm thinking maybe it estimated the time you stopped for a rest or depending on the mile per hour [ which I don't have a solution to] then it would work if your were to go a that distance if you did some sort of mathetical trick to it sweatdrop probably sounds confusing  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:11 pm
I say the signs are magical >.>;;  

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:13 pm
No, the signs are not magical and do not take into account any rest stops.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:14 pm
*snaps* Damn thought for sure I had it.. It says 8 hours because each point is 4 hours long. Point A to B is 4 hours, B to C is 4 hours, A to C is 8 hours. The reason they could stop and still make it, is because they stopped in the middle, but since there is no middle of 2, it was 3 to each side. **Random shot in the dark**  

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:18 am
Nope. You are over thinking it. From point B to Point A it really is 3 hours. From Point B to point C it really is another 3 hours. Finally, From point A to point C it really is 8 hours.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:34 pm
could it be that the points themselves are larger than just a step soth that it takes 6 hours + 40 minutes to get through each point there are three points so that would add up to 8 hours  

G0d_0f_R0ck

5,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

zfatal

Toothsome Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:53 pm
So, this assumes that there are three different routes, correct? Route A-B, Route B-C, and Route C-A. Route AC should be shorter than Route ABC, but it isn't. There are two possibilities.

Route AC could be over a mountainous terrain, whereas Route ABC could be over flat terrain.

Or Route AC could be roundabout (the scenic route).  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:25 am
zfatal
So, this assumes that there are three different routes, correct? Route A-B, Route B-C, and Route C-A. Route AC should be shorter than Route ABC, but it isn't. There are two possibilities.

Route AC could be over a mountainous terrain, whereas Route ABC could be over flat terrain.

Or Route AC could be roundabout (the scenic route).

You're so close, but there is only one route. AC is the same as ABC. I will also say that CA also takes 8 hours.  

Lightwater2520

zfatal

Toothsome Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:51 am
From A to B is an uphill route. This takes 5 hours to get to point B. Then, in either direction, from B to either A or C, it's downhill, which is why the same distance takes only 3 hours instead of 5.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games