Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Riddles~! Riddles~! Riddles~! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RIddle?
  My brains hurts
  It tickles ya brain
View Results

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:58 pm
I would say Maine and this is my proof.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:00 pm
Correct. the only state that borders Maine is New Hampshire. Thus Maine is the last stop.

A woman and her husband frequently go walking together. On one particular day, however, they walked side by side, one never getting ahead of the other. They walked for an hour. At the end of the hour, the woman says, "That felt good. I think I walked four miles. The husband responds, "Oh, I walked much farther than that. I'm sure I walked five or six."

How could that be?  

Lightwater2520

monkeygal3000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:02 pm
they were walking on treadmills  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:51 pm
They could be walking in a circle - the wife on the inside of the circle, the husband on the outside of the circle. The husband would thus walk more.  

zfatal

Toothsome Fairy

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:17 am
Both answers are correct. The only thing that is necessary is that the husband takes more steps because his path is longer.

I'm going to give you four numbers: 2,3,4, and 5. And they're not Roman numerals, they're the regular old Arabic numerals with which we're all familiar.

You also get a plus sign, and an equal sign. Now, make an equation with some stuff on one side of the equal sign, and some stuff on the other.

At first blush, you might say, "This is easy!" 5+2=3+4...but, you're using two plus signs, and you're only allowed to use one.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:21 pm
five plus four equals three squared, it's to hard for me to try to write out in numbers.  

monkeygal3000

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:52 pm
I agree with monkey.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:32 am
Correct.
Imagine you have a friend who lives in Russia where the KGB spies on everyone and everything and you want to send a valuable object to this friend. So you have a box which is more than large enough to contain the object and you have several locks with keys.

Now this box, I suppose you could call it a strongbox, has a lock ring which is more than large enough to have a padlock attached to it. In fact it's large enough to accommodate several locks. But your friend does not have to the key to any lock that you have. Now you can't send a key in the mail because the KGB will intercept it and they will copy it. And you can't not lock the box, because the object is very valuable. So you have to send it through the mail. You can't hand deliver it. You want to lock it so that your friend can open it, but the KGB can't.

The question is, how would you do it?

Lightwater2520

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:31 pm
Attach your lock and send it. Have your friend attach their lock to it, and send it back. You unlock your lock and send it to your friend. Your friend then unlocks his lock and opens the box.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:20 pm
Kazenge
Attach your lock and send it. Have your friend attach their lock to it, and send it back. You unlock your lock and send it to your friend. Your friend then unlocks his lock and opens the box.

Correct.
here's an easy one. A girl and her mother are out shopping. They overhear a conversation between a customer and a salesperson in the next aisle. The customer asks, "How much does one cost?"
The salesperson answers, "One costs 99 cents."
"OK, how about 12?"
"Oh, that'll be $1.98."
"Okay, in that case, I'll take 128."
The cashier rings up the purchase, and it comes to $2.97.
Here's the question: what kind of store are they in, and what is this person buying?

Lightwater2520

Deppfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:36 pm
I would imagine the person is buying either balloons or numerical cake toppers... or some sort of little thingies that are actual numbers. 1, 12, and 128 are not the amounts, but the actualy numbers, and each one costs 99 cents  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:14 am
deppfan
I would imagine the person is buying either balloons or numerical cake toppers... or some sort of little thingies that are actual numbers. 1, 12, and 128 are not the amounts, but the actualy numbers, and each one costs 99 cents

Correct. the person did buy the numbers 1, 2, and 8

In 1982 John is 12 years old. In 1987 John is seven years old. How can that be? And the hint is his name probably wasn't John.  

Lightwater2520

zfatal

Toothsome Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:34 pm
Simply, two different Johns.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:43 pm
i agree with zfatal 2 different johns  

dragonboy30303

5,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100

dragonboy30303

5,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:55 pm
Be you ever so quick, with vision keen, by your eyes, we are never seen. Unless perchance it should come to pass, you see our reflection in a looking glass. What are we?

Hint every one has them  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games