Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Riddles~! Riddles~! Riddles~! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RIddle?
  My brains hurts
  It tickles ya brain
View Results

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:20 pm
I don't know then, just as a random message for anyone looking. I TURNED 19 TODAY!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:39 pm
theres one riddle that i know that always get to ppl
you say to someone
"your driving your car around a street and u see a mansion. u try to flicker on the lights and the powers out. u walk up a set of stairs and there r three glowing doors red blue and green."

watever they pick say "theres a proffesor with" watever color they picked

"he wants to kill u. do u wont him to shoot u with a shot gun, stab u wit a knife or put u on a electric chair"

well if the person was listing carefully he/she would of known the answer.
the answer is the electric chair because in the riddle it says you flicker the lights but the POWER WAS OUT  

huntero85

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:39 pm
Congratulations Kazenge!. Tomorrow I will post the answer to my riddle.

In the early '60s NASA was sending electronic gear into outer space
on unmanned missions. They'd already sent a guy into space but they
wanted to make sure that if they were going to send people up for
longer flights, that they had a chance of surviving. They were
sending this electronic gear up to test a variety of things like
radiation exposure, and so on. The equipment kept failing, but they couldn't figure out why. Finally, someone determined that the circuits were overheating, so they installed a fan to cool off the devices.
But the problems persisted. Why?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:01 pm
Lightwater2520
Congratulations Kazenge!. Tomorrow I will post the answer to my riddle.

In the early '60s NASA was sending electronic gear into outer space
on unmanned missions. They'd already sent a guy into space but they
wanted to make sure that if they were going to send people up for
longer flights, that they had a chance of surviving. They were
sending this electronic gear up to test a variety of things like
radiation exposure, and so on. The equipment kept failing, but they couldn't figure out why. Finally, someone determined that the circuits were overheating, so they installed a fan to cool off the devices.
But the problems persisted. Why?

i think it has to do something with earth's atmosphere (the layers)  

dragonboy30303

5,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:16 pm
I'd guess that since it's completely sealed and there's no air flow, so the fan can't work, and it still overheats *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:24 pm
Kazenge
I'd guess that since it's completely sealed and there's no air flow, so the fan can't work, and it still overheats *shrugs*

It's because space is a vaccuum... there is no "air"  

Deppfan

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:52 am
deppfan
Kazenge

It's because space is a vaccuum... there is no "air"

correct, no air means the fan does nothing.

What do the following men have in common? Ulysses S. Grant, Rudyard Kipling, Woodrow Wilson, Grover Cleveland, and Calvin Coolidge. Now, I know they're dead. It's something else. I will answer it on Monday if nobody gets it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:35 pm
They were all known by their middle names.

There are two telephone poles. Each one is 100-feet tall. They are parallel-and an unknown distance apart. We're going to attach a 150-foot rope from the very top of one of the poles, to the top of the other. This rope will, of course, droop down somewhat. So, we've got these two 100-foot poles, and a 150-foot rope. The rope is between the two poles, and it's going to droop down, making an arc. The question is, what must be the distance between the two poles, so that the lowest point is 25-feet above the ground?  

Lightwater2520

dragonboy30303

5,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:43 pm
Lightwater2520

There are two telephone poles. Each one is 100-feet tall. They are parallel-and an unknown distance apart. We're going to attach a 150-foot rope from the very top of one of the poles, to the top of the other. This rope will, of course, droop down somewhat. So, we've got these two 100-foot poles, and a 150-foot rope. The rope is between the two poles, and it's going to droop down, making an arc. The question is, what must be the distance between the two poles, so that the lowest point is 25-feet above the ground?

idk 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:31 pm
dragonboy30303
Lightwater2520

idk 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding

close, but not quite.  

Lightwater2520

Lus-cloud

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:12 am
The lowest point of what? What rope arc? Or the poles?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:43 pm
the lowest point of the rope arc. The poles are positioned on the ground.  

Lightwater2520

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:16 am
Guess I'll give the answer tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:37 pm
Okay, it's imposible for the rope to be 25 feet from the ground unless the poles are right next to eachother. It was a trick question.

Usually when the subject of a sentence is compound, and the components are connected by "and," the verb takes the plural form. For example, we say, "Bob and his wife ARE planning to drive to Florida"... not, "Bob and his wife IS planning to drive to Florida." Likewise, we say, "The vase and the book ARE on the table," not, "The vase and the book IS on the table." But, can you think of a situation where the components of a compound subject are connected by "and," yet the form of the verb must be singular, and not plural?

Lightwater2520

Deppfan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:01 am
Lightwater2520
Okay, it's imposible for the rope to be 25 feet from the ground unless the poles are right next to eachother. It was a trick question.

Ahhh... I see why. If the rope is 150 ft, half of that is 75. Subtract that from 100 and you get 25. So the pole cannot have any distance between them.

And as for your newer riddle...no idea.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games