Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Riddles~! Riddles~! Riddles~! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RIddle?
  My brains hurts
  It tickles ya brain
View Results

shadowmartyn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:27 pm
I'll give you two of them, because i got quite a few.

1.) What gets bigger as it gets smaller?

2.) I am a chest filled with gold,
I have no key, as you can see,
And no opening on my edge.
What am I?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:43 am
shadowmartyn
I'll give you two of them, because i got quite a few.

1.) What gets bigger as it gets smaller?

2.) I am a chest filled with gold,
I have no key, as you can see,
And no opening on my edge.
What am I?

Lightwater2520
Usually when the subject of a sentence is compound, and the components are connected by "and," the verb takes the plural form. For example, we say, "Bob and his wife ARE planning to drive to Florida"... not, "Bob and his wife IS planning to drive to Florida." Likewise, we say, "The vase and the book ARE on the table," not, "The vase and the book IS on the table." But, can you think of a situation where the components of a compound subject are connected by "and," yet the form of the verb must be singular, and not plural?

1. the word small.

2. An egg.

my riddle is still up.  

Lightwater2520

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:23 pm
Guess I'll answer it tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:43 am
Lightwater2520
]Usually when the subject of a sentence is compound, and the components are connected by "and," the verb takes the plural form. For example, we say, "Bob and his wife ARE planning to drive to Florida"... not, "Bob and his wife IS planning to drive to Florida." Likewise, we say, "The vase and the book ARE on the table," not, "The vase and the book IS on the table." But, can you think of a situation where the components of a compound subject are connected by "and," yet the form of the verb must be singular, and not plural?

Well, compound subjects connected by "and" can be singular as long as the subjects are somehow related to each other.

An example would be "Cream and sugar is added to coffee to give it flavor."

...I'm not entirely sure of this. But I remember this being in one of my old English lessons  

__deactivated24601

3,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Lightwater2520

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:32 pm
hannah_332004
Lightwater2520
]Usually when the subject of a sentence is compound, and the components are connected by "and," the verb takes the plural form. For example, we say, "Bob and his wife ARE planning to drive to Florida"... not, "Bob and his wife IS planning to drive to Florida." Likewise, we say, "The vase and the book ARE on the table," not, "The vase and the book IS on the table." But, can you think of a situation where the components of a compound subject are connected by "and," yet the form of the verb must be singular, and not plural?

Well, compound subjects connected by "and" can be singular as long as the subjects are somehow related to each other.

An example would be "Cream and sugar is added to coffee to give it flavor."

...I'm not entirely sure of this. But I remember this being in one of my old English lessons

Not quite, they have to be referring to the same thing.
example: The columnist and author is sitting over there by the emergency exit.

Every two-digit number can be represented as AB, where B is the ones digit and A is the tens digit. Right? So for example the number 43, A is 4 and B is 3. Imagine then that you took this two-digit number and you squared it, AB x AB, and when you did that the result was a three-digit number, CAB. Here's the question: What's the value of C? So, for example if AB is 43, CAB might be 943. Of course this is a totally bogus answer, but you get the idea. So again, what is the value of C, so that AB(squared)= CAB?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:27 pm
Sigh... No one posted today. I guess I'll answer it tomorrow and find an easy one.  

Lightwater2520

CresentMoon14

Angelic Bear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:03 am
I got a riddle, but I'm not sure if it's already been told. I haven't read the 50 pages ^_^ i doubt i will read all on them.

Only one colour, but not one size.
Stuck at the bottom, yet easily flies.
Present in the sun, but not in the rain
doing no harm and feeling no pain.
What am I?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:30 pm
I'm guessing dust.

the answer to mine is 625.

A peacock lays an egg on top of a hill. This hill is divided precisely down the middle by a fence, down which the egg rolls. It lands at the bottom of the hill, exactly on the dividing line between the two sides of the hill. The left-hand side of the hill belongs to Farmer White; the right to Farmer Brown.
To whom does the egg belong?

Lightwater2520

monkeygal3000

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:01 pm
um the peacock

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:25 pm
Lol the peacock. Technically that's true, but it's also true that peacocks don't late eggs wink

A plane crashes directly on the border between the US and Canada, where would you bury the survivors?

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

dragonboy30303

5,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:48 pm
Kazenge
Lol the peacock. Technically that's true, but it's also true that peacocks don't late eggs wink

A plane crashes directly on the border between the US and Canada, where would you bury the survivors?

no1 cause the survivors survived duh

What gets whiter the dirtier that it gets?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:01 pm
A Chalkboard.

What goes up a chimney down, but not down a chimney up?

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

monkeygal3000

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:21 pm
a chimney

Here on earth it is true, yesterday is always before today; but there is a place where yesterday always follows today. Where?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:38 pm
In a dictionary
What has one foot on each side and one in the middle?  

dragonboy30303

5,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100

Intelife

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:46 pm
A yard?

What goes up, down, and left but never right?  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 64 65 66 67 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games