I don't care.
View Results

Zivillyn

7,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:35 am
I believe there is a god but that he's moved on to another project. He/she/it created the earth and the rest of the universe, good. What I don't think is that he/she/it's still around watching over us. He/she/it probably has better things to do with his time than listen to a bunch of whiny little beings bent on world domination. I don't believe in creationism though, and I don't want some yuppy vindictive preacher to try and convince me otherwise, evolution could have been influenced by god though, but not 100% controlled.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:51 pm
lady shari
I belive god exists.. Its faith...THeir have just been to my incidents in my life that I or someone close survived a bad accident.. I should have been hurt, broken, or dead but I am not..I have to belive I am still here..

You say that the good things in your life must be evidence of God, but I ask you: by that logic, are not then all of the bad things that have ever happened to you disproof of God?  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Scarlet Monroe

Aged Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:05 am
there is definitely without a doubt a god.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:48 am
How else do you explain how there is the platypus  

GreyJedi

6,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Sky of the Silver Ocean

5,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:54 pm
I can't really say myself. The thing is, I believe that anything is possible. I even believe that it is possible that heaven and hell are mixed up, XD. I believe that it is possible there is a God and possible that there is not a God. There is no definite proof to either decision. The Bible or whatever other religious book that someone may bring up is not proper argument to God or any other god or gods being real. It was written by human hands.
I believe that the current Christian Bible has an incorrect translation as well. I truly doubt that God stood over it's translation into English and said, "Um, hey, dudes? You need to look over that paragraph right there."
I think it is completely possible, but also possible that there is no God. I'm agnostic simply because anything could be true.
Also, I think that there are multiple divisions of heaven for each religion, so possibly, all gods could exist.
Very awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:27 pm
I have to say that there may be a god. Then again there may NOT be. It's all on a persons out look on how we came to be and what happened! So since there is no god on Earth I have to say either way we are in this alone!  

mara love queen

KylaiaJmaa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:03 pm
I think there is A god. I also think that there are also more gods than that. I don't especially believe in gods though. I don't think that if I pray I'll get an answer, or that if I don't say grace I'll go to hell for all time. I simply thiink that they're there, and help out sometimes, but not often on request.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:38 pm
Since I don't want to start anything excessive, I won't intentionally reply directly to anyone's post. And if I do, then I can only say that my luck must really reek...

On to the subject at hand:

I do not believe that there is a god, or that there are many gods. I think that the concept of god(s) and religion itself is to make people feel comfortable about an 'afterlife', because they fear what happens after death. I know this sounds like a different topic, but it does relate. If we could record exactly what happens to the human conscience after a person dies, then there would be no such thing as religion, seeing as we would know what happens after death and not have to worry about pleasing some unknown, unseen, unheard and unspoken deity so blatantly titled 'god'.

mara love queen, first of all it's fairly disreputable to be so neutral, but you did make a good point at the end of your post. We ARE in this alone, so, if anyone wants to pray as pointlessly as on a weekly or daily basis, feel free to spend your time with folded hands and bowed heads instead of trying to secure a future for the next generation of your family.  

Intelife

x_X_Two_Faced_Goth_X_x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:49 pm
Verderbnis
I don't believe in a god, because I have some doubts.

Some people can't imagine life was created "coincidentally" or even the universe existed since a real long time.

But these people often imagine a "godly" creature living since the beginning of eternity created this universe.

But my question is then who created god?

I call myself spiritual, but not religious. I don't belong to any religion, and I won't. I found my own form of spirituality, the other "servants" of the other "higher beings" (however they're called) should leave me alone.

Nothing stands over nature.
Nobody created God he has always been there.For God time is a blink of an eye.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:10 pm
I was raised a Christian, and I guess I still am a Christian. Except, recently, I began to doubt that there really is a God. I mean, if you think about it, all gods are just excuses to fill the void created by our lack of knowledge. When people try to state their case that God really exists, they use weak arguments and crude generalizations, such as "the world is too perfect" or "we have to go somewhere after we die". Personally, I believe that there is no Heaven, and there is no Hell. We don't have "souls"; the only thing that makes us seem more than just globs of organized carbon and water is our creativity.

Also, how did the first Christian figure out that God "existed" in the first place? Did God really visit them, or is that belief just an evolution of mankind's early sun-worshiping cults?  

Bushido Bacon

45_Nads_4Eva

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:31 am
Uta_Tenshi94
Verderbnis
I don't believe in a god, because I have some doubts.

Some people can't imagine life was created "coincidentally" or even the universe existed since a real long time.

But these people often imagine a "godly" creature living since the beginning of eternity created this universe.

But my question is then who created god?

I call myself spiritual, but not religious. I don't belong to any religion, and I won't. I found my own form of spirituality, the other "servants" of the other "higher beings" (however they're called) should leave me alone.

Nothing stands over nature.
Nobody created God he has always been there.For God time is a blink of an eye.

How could have God always be there, though? Because forever doesn't start, I don't think.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:03 pm
Sky of the Silver Ocean
I can't really say myself. The thing is, I believe that anything is possible. I even believe that it is possible that heaven and hell are mixed up, XD. I believe that it is possible there is a God and possible that there is not a God. There is no definite proof to either decision. The Bible or whatever other religious book that someone may bring up is not proper argument to God or any other god or gods being real. It was written by human hands.
I believe that the current Christian Bible has an incorrect translation as well. I truly doubt that God stood over it's translation into English and said, "Um, hey, dudes? You need to look over that paragraph right there."
I think it is completely possible, but also possible that there is no God. I'm agnostic simply because anything could be true.
Also, I think that there are multiple divisions of heaven for each religion, so possibly, all gods could exist.
Very awesome.

I think the exact same thing =]

fefa93

1Light and Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:55 pm
i belive there is a force, call it god, yaweh, allah, or whatever you want, but there is defenitly something that makes the univers work. its the force which binds and animates all liveing things and things that make life happen.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:32 pm
I hate living without you, dead wrong to ever doubt you.

I say the is absolutely a god... our world had too small of a chance to be the only out there out a ton of planets to contain life.

0.00000000000000002211 out of centillions, really what are the chances.

Say you stranded on an island, with just sand, and only water to see for miles on end all around you. One day a strange device washes up onto the island. It is round, kind of flat, and has a bar like piece running from one side to the other making a complete circle. You look at the back of the device with a band and find strange markings on it. On the other side is marks but they are different and run around the edge of the object. You see there are three very tiny sticks from the center that move and line up perfectly with the markings on the edge. What is the object? Was created by intelligent design or did something evolve to become it?

It same for us humans, we didn't appear out of nowhere. But have seen some of the beauty of the earth its self, like art, a giant mosaic.

But my demons lay in waiting to tempt me away.

shadowmartyn

shadowmartyn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:36 pm
Question the Answer
lady shari
I belive god exists.. Its faith...THeir have just been to my incidents in my life that I or someone close survived a bad accident.. I should have been hurt, broken, or dead but I am not..I have to belive I am still here..

You say that the good things in your life must be evidence of God, but I ask you: by that logic, are not then all of the bad things that have ever happened to you disproof of God?
I hate living without you, dead wrong to ever doubt you.

The bad things would be Satan... doi!

But my demons lay in waiting to tempt me away.

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff