Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
Atheism is NOOOOOOOT a religion!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:12 pm
And misery, suffering, war, diseases, poverty, crime, rape, murder, robbery, genocide, all that because someone said it's an order by god.

How many people have an order by god to walk the rightful path of negotiation and diplomatics today?

The amount of good being done by a alcoholics producer spending one traffic light is more then the good as a whole being done by the church in its entire history.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:56 am
Atheisjm is a belief on a higher power (or what have you. Specifically, the belief in the impossibility of one's existence,) and therefore a religion.  

Bearorist

Dangerous Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100

Saint Black the Morbid

1,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:50 pm
Well, you cannot believe in not beleiveing in go.
That's just a horrible oxymoron.

No, I never thought Atheism was ever a religion, they do not believe in a higher being, nor do they practice any sort of worship to said higher being.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:24 am
Saint Black the Morbid

No, I never thought Atheism was ever a religion, they do not believe in a higher being, nor do they practice any sort of worship to said higher being.

But it is their belief on the higher powers in the universe, and it has a unifying belief (or, in this instance, disbelief.)  

Bearorist

Dangerous Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100

Rainbow cat FACE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:46 pm
Dolix Pullo
i stick my toungue out at you. Bleah.

i stick my tongue out at myself.
i just have no religion because im lazy. i dont feel like thinking about it. and im afraid of christians or people who believe in reincarnation being right, because i dont want this life to be pointless. i dont want death to be the purpose of my life. thats depressing =[ so i dont feel like thinking about it.

and it isnt a religion. it really isnt. its just a label.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:24 am
I know atheïsm is not a religion! Atheïsm is even anti-religion!
I don't believe in God because i simply feel that there's no need for it, i believe you can just live your life and actually live happily without God or even a purpose/destiny. Enjoy the journey of life in stead of living for the (possible) afterlife!  

Anabaena

Lavish Lunatic

Sforzando Poco

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:35 pm
Dolix Pullo
Also, I would like to point out that how can Philip Paulman want to kill God, if he doesn't believe in God. And, if God exists(He does!!), how can you kill a god?
kitty! >^.^<

What is god without the people who believe in him? To kill god, you simply get rid of the people who believe in him.

... And is that a Dirty Job by Christopher Moore reference I see?  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:21 pm
Okay, people.
Let's look at roots.
a=lack of, not
theism=religion.
atheism= lack of religion.

This doesn't mean you don't believe in a higher power, it just means you don't properly worship one.  

Sullen Couch

SpokenSoftly

Ruthless Elder

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:31 pm
I'm agnostic myself. I believe in God and his existence, the 'I believe in one God, blah blah blah' stuff, I just hate the fan club.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:51 am
Quote:
"heres a theory:

you dont see air, do you..?
no.
how do you know its their?
bc.
well God is their and you can't see him.
oh.

^ yeah God is real. Jusrt bc u can't see him doesn't mean He isnt there"

Science, as well as my lungs have told me that the air is there, but nothing has told me that god is there, so shut up. Because you can't see "him" just makes me think even more that "he" isn't there.  

Vakna

Pink Marshmallow 132

Magnetic Sex Symbol

10,200 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:03 am
RANDOMNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UYuj udzshvfyhgufdg6yxufd xdf sduy fglh twisted  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:38 pm
ObsidianHaloMark2
Quote:
"heres a theory:

you dont see air, do you..?
no.
how do you know its their?
bc.
well God is their and you can't see him.
oh.

^ yeah God is real. Jusrt bc u can't see him doesn't mean He isnt there"

Science, as well as my lungs have told me that the air is there, but nothing has told me that god is there, so shut up. Because you can't see "him" just makes me think even more that "he" isn't there.

Well im not much for science. becuse as history has shown us, science of one time period tends to eventually be disproven by science of a later time period. Essentially, everything we think we know about the world and its functions could at any time be completly disproven. The only real fact in this world is that nothing is ever an absolute fact.

Also, I do not view science as anything that disproves god. it is simply a process by which humans have slowly begun to learn how he did it. The functions of nature are far too perfect to be mere coensidence.  

Master Azrael Reaper

Remagen

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:01 am
But think about it, Atheism isn't the absence of belief, it's the BELIEF that there is no God. therefore, it's got a little bit of Religion-issm in it because all a religion started out as was the belief in something larger than you. all any religion started out as was a group of people trying to come up with explnations for things they couldn't explain. a religion is simply a tool to give our lives some higher perpose than eating and breeding. emo  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:50 am
Saint Black the Morbid

I agree completely  

RiziN-ergeez

Bearorist

Dangerous Prophet

6,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:41 am
Verderbnis
And misery, suffering, war, diseases, poverty, crime, rape, murder, robbery, genocide, all that because someone said it's an order by god.

How many people have an order by god to walk the rightful path of negotiation and diplomatics today?

The amount of good being done by a alcoholics producer spending one traffic light is more then the good as a whole being done by the church in its entire history.

War is never and has almost never been fought over religion. It is fought over resources.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff