Submit

Anyone excited about a new version?
  Yes!!
View Results

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:21 am
Daltoad
So just now hearing of Pokemon Platinum I'm not that surprised. But then again I sorta am, thought they'd be making more Pokemon Dungeon games or maybe a new BETTER game for the Wii rather than simple Pokemon Battle Revolution. Although I am grateful it gave me a surfing pikachu ^^.

It's been two years since the release of Diamond / Pearl so naturally they've been working on the 4th gen equivalent of Yellow, Crystal, and Emerald. A new Wii game would be quite nice, I agree.

Quote:
As for Shaymin I hope there's a legit way to getem other than at an event...

I doubt it ; of all the extensive Shaymin information we've heard surrounding Platinum, there has been absolutely nothing about getting it in the game. I doubt they'll be giving him to us outside of an event any time soon.

Quote:
Regis huh? I already migrated all 3 from emerald and got Regigigas..I'd only be interested in them if they had like Platinum version only move or something.

Only thing Platinum might give is Move Tutors. I think there's mixed hope for the return of Emerald Move Tutors as well as a couple new ones, but it looks like we'll have to actually play through the game to find out which ones we'll actually get.

Quote:
I just need a legit way to get deoxys mew celebi and jirachi really DX

Mew - You can get one by placing 999 pokemon into My Pokemon Ranch.

Jirachi - Available from the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc.

Celebi - Available from the Japanese Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc.

Deoxys - still event-only, unfortunately.

Once I go through Pokemon XD: Gale Of Darkness, I'll have all of the first 492 pokemon, all legit. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:38 am
Pokemon ranch just doesnt look like much fun from what I've seen..

I have Colossuem but no bonus disc T.T and will probably never get my hands on the Japanese one.

Blast ye deoxys!!

Congrats! I'm on the same quest. With my Emerald and both colossuems and firered. I have yet to trade with anyone except with some random guy for his aerodactyl as a practice trade..  

Im_a_talking_Dog

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:21 pm
Just here to quickly mention that the new Sinnoh Pokedex is confirmed to have 210 pokemon. Froslass is #208, Giratina is #210.

The most common guess is that it will be composed of the same 151 pokemon from before and the additional 59 are...

-All of the new 4th gen evolutions of previous pokemon and their evolutionary lines (a total of 49)
-Rotom
-All of the new 4th gen legendary pokemon that weren't there before (a total of cool
-Ditto (the wildest guess, but that would be so Manaphy can been a Phione)

Note that only Froslass and Giratina are really confirmed, though.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:35 pm
okay i'm gonna turn into a dork for a min here...

one of the shadow of the new maybe pokemons or rotom forms.. It looks liek Wall-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay i'm done being a dork.

~~~~~

Wow that information of the dex gave me a headache  

Goddess Lia

Zulphurix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:55 am
remember each second counts and i cant wait till spring 2009 and again every second counts.

pokemon rules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:11 am
People are starting to get their hands on the game now and new verifiable information is beginning to come in. You can follow the news on Serebii as it unfolds, but I shall continue to post information here as well. I'll try and keep really spoilerific stuff marked properly.

It looks like my copy of the game shipped from Play-Asia today. I paid for the fastest shipping possible so hopefully it'll arrive fast.

The Silhouettes Revealed

Concerning the pokemon silhouettes mentioned early, each game has a leaflet describing only one of them and they are, as we've suspected, new Rotom Formes! Also as we expected, it is inhabiting various devices.

At this moment, I don't think we've confirmed what all changes about Rotom other than him gaining new attacks. Each leaflet shows Rotom using an attack that he must presumably learn via Level Up (or perhaps TM.) The new formes (as well as what's being possessed) are as follows:

Ice (Frost Forme) (refridgerator)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Water (washing machine)

Flying (fan)

Grass (Cut Forme) (lawnmower)

Fire (toaster, or maybe an oven?)

Sounds like people on Serebii are going to attempt to look for their data in the game code so that we'll know more about them. More details about that if it's found.

Complete SInnoh Pokedex

The complete 210 pokedex has been found. Previous speculations about 49 of the pokemon being the new 4th gen pokemon and their evolutionary lines appears to be accurate. Rotom has also been added. However, of the 8 non-dex Sinnoh legendaries, only Giratina is a part of the new Sinnoh Dex. Ditto is also not a part of the dex, leaving eight pokemon unaccounted for. Those remaining eight are:

171 - Swablu
172 - Altaria
176 - Houndour
177 - Houndoom
185 - Tropius
195 - Scyther
196 - Scizor
209 - Absol

Tropius is an interesting addition because now the Tropius + Bibarel HM Slave combo is feasible solely with the Sinnoh Dex.  

Nadian
Crew

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:00 am
New Formes' Base Stats
Apparently the new forme's data have been successfully extracted from the game. Here they are compared to their originals:

id | name | hp | atk | def | sak | sdf | spd | tot
--------------------------------------------------------
479 | Rotom | 50 | 50 | 77 | 95 | 77 | 91 | 440
479 | (new) | 50 | 65 | 107 | 105 | 107 | 86 | 520

487 | Giratina | 150 | 100 | 120 | 100 | 120 | 90 | 680
487 | (origin) | 150 | 120 | 100 | 120 | 100 | 90 | 680

492 | Shaymin | 100 | 100 | 100 | 100 | 100 | 100 | 600
492 | (sky) | 100 | 103 | 75 | 120 | 75 | 127 | 600

Edit: Oh, I wanted to think out loud... since Rotom's BST increases for the new Formes, that makes him the first pokemon whose Formes are more like an evolution.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:41 pm
New Moves In The Talks

Although it's not being talked about directly on the Serebii news page, in Smogon new moves are being identified. I assume that what's going on is the entire moveset of pokemon are being dumped in one location and people are looking for new moves. Some noteworthy ones:

-Bibarel line getting Curse
-Scizor getting Bullet Punch
-Darkrai getting Nasty Plot
-Sky Forme Shaymin getting Growth in addition to previously known Quick Attack and Air Slash
-Leafeon getting Swords Dance
-Scyther getting Vaccuum Wave (really?)
-Onix getting Curse

It's interesting to note that some moves that we've seen pokemon using aren't in their new TM / Level Up lists. This suggests, for example, that Outrage might be a Move Tutor move.

Gym Changes
Although I'm not trying to list all changes, here's a brief discussion of changes seen thus far...

Oreburgh Gym - Seems to be the same.

Eterna Gym - Uses a more complicated clock-like structure to force you to battle all trainers.

Hearthome Gym - Apparently, this is now the third gym. You must navigate in a dark maze using a flashlight and Duskull lights.

Veilstone Gym - Instead of a traditional dojo, it looks like a boxing gym.

Pastoria Gym - "Upgrades" have been reported ; this may simply be slightly higher level pokemon.  

Nadian
Crew

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:53 pm
More detailed new moves

Thanks to the hard work of RB Golbat over on the Smogon forums, a list of the currently known new level-up moves has been compiled:

Level Up Move Additions:
008 Wartortle: Lv 40 Iron Defense
009 Blastoise: Lv 46 Iron Defense
010 Caterpie: Lv 15 Bug Bite
013 Weedle: Lv 15 Bug Bite
052 Meowth: Lv 54 Feint
053 Persian: Lv 68 Feint
055 Golduck: Lv -- Aqua Jet
071 Victreebel: Lv 47 Leaf Blade
083 Farfetch'd: Lv 43 Feint
095 Onix: Lv 38 Curse
123 Scyther: Lv -- Vacuum Wave
123 Scyther: Lv 61 Feint
134 Vaporeon: Lv 78 Muddy Water
135 Jolteon: Lv 78 Discharge
136 Flareon: Lv 78 Lava Plume
141 Kabutops: Lv -- Feint
158 Totodile: Lv 22 Flail
159 Croconaw: Lv 24 Flail
160 Feraligatr: Lv 24 Flail
163 Hoothoot: Lv 13 Uproar
164 Noctowl: Lv 13 Uproar
182 Belossom: Lv -- Leaf Blade
186 Politoed: Lv 48 Hyper Voice
196 Espeon: Lv 78 Power Swap
197 Umbreon: Lv 78 Guard Swap
199 Slowking: Lv -- Power Gem
200 Misdreavus: Lv 50 Power Gem
204 Pineco: Lv 9 Bug Bite
205 Forrtress: Lv --, 9 Bug Bite
208 Steelix: Lv 38 Curse
212 Scizor: Lv -- Bullet Punch
212 Scizor: Lv 61 Feint
213 Shuckle: Lv 40 Bug Bite
227 Skarmory: Lv 20 Feint
236 Tyrouge: Lv -- Foresight
243 Raikou: Lv 71 Rain Dance >_>
244 Entei: Lv 85 Eruption
245 Suicune: Lv 85 Blizzard <_<
265 Wurmple: Lv 15 Bug Bite
270 Lotad: Lv 25 Bubblebeam
271 Lombre: Lv 25 Bubblebeam
299 Nosepass: Lv 49 Power Gem
300 Skitty: Lv 4 Foresight
319 Sharpedo: Lv -- Feint
352 Kecleon: Lv 14 Feint
359 Absol: Lv -- Feint
377 Regirock: Lv -- Stomp
378 Regice: Lv -- Stomp
379 Registeel: Lv -- Stomp
399 Bidoof: Lv 45 Curse
400 Bibarel: Lv 53 Curse
401 Kricketot: Lv 16 Bug Bite
402 Kricketune: Lv 26 Slash
402 Kricketune: Lv 38 Taunt
402 Kricketune: Lv 42 Night Slash
412 Burmy: Lv 15 Bug Bite
413 Wormadam (All Forms): Lv 15 Bug Bite
414 Mothim: Lv 15 Bug Bite
415 Combee: Lv 13 Bug Bite
434 Stunky: Lv 18 Feint
435 Skuntank: Lv 18 Feint
451 Skorupi: Lv 34 Bug Bite
452 Drapion: Lv 34 Bug Bite
469 Yanmega: Lv 38 Feint
470 Leafeon: Lv 78 Swords Dance
471 Glaceon: Lv 78 Barrier
476 Probopass: Lv 49 Power Gem
480 Uxie: Lv 21 Swift
481 Mesprit: Lv 21 Swift
482 Azelf: Lv 21 Swift
486 Regigias: Lv -- Dizzy Punch
486 Reigigas: Lv -- Foresight
486 Regigias: Lv 25 Revenge
491 Darkrai: Lv -- Ominous Wind
491 Darkrai: Lv 29 Faint Attack
491 Darkrai: Lv 75 Nasty Plot
492 Shaymin (Land Forme): Lv -- Growth
492 Shaymin (Both Formes): Lv 82 Sweet Kiss
492 Shaymin (Land Forme): Lv 91 Healing Wish
492 Shaymin (Sky Forme): Lv 28 Quick Attack
492 Shaymin (Sky Forme): Lv 64 Air Slash
492 Shaymin (Sky Forme): Lv 91 Leaf Storm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:40 pm
Wow
The game is sounding interesting.

About the leaflet!? Which one did you get if they are different in each box?  

Goddess Lia

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:07 pm
Goddess Lia
Wow
The game is sounding interesting.

About the leaflet!? Which one did you get if they are different in each box?

Good question! I didn't even think to look! (I dug the game out and dove in... it was quite refreshing! It all feels so much more animated / alive / polished / fresh!)

I got the picture of the fan one!

Closer pic:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:03 am
Legendaries

Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltress are in Platinum! They're level 60 runners (like Mesprit and Cresselia.) (This means Platinum has the 1st, 3rd, and 4th gen legendary trios in it!)

Regice and Registeel have been found. No report on Regirock yet. They're level 30.

It is confirmed that both Palkia and Dialga can be obtained in Platinum. They're level 70.

Heatran is level 50 and appears after a major story point.

Other legendaries in the game appear to be the same.

Sky Forme Shaymin
Currently, people have had trouble battling other players with Sky Forme Shaymin. Either there's a game mechanism blocking it or it won't be possible.

The Key Item necessary to transform Shaymin into its Sky Forme can only be obtained if you have a Shaymin with specific requirements. Thus far, the best guess is you only need a Shaymin with a special event ribbon. In other words, the Flower Paradise Shaymin won't activate it.

You can only use the item on Shaymin during the day to transform it into Sky Forme Shaymin. Any of the following appear to transform him back to normal:

-It becomes night time
-You put it in a PC box
-You enter the Union Room
-You battle a player over Wi-Fi
-Presumably, if it becomes frozen, it'll also revert.

Origin Forme Giratina
When Giratina is in the Torn World, he's in his Origin Forme. Later in the game, you find another entrance into the Torn World where you can find the Platinum Orb. While holding this, Giratina will have his Ghost and Dragon moves boosted (much like the orbs for Palkia and Dialga), but he will also be in his Origin Form.

He appears to revert back in battles as well, for now.

Rebattle Cafe
After you have completed the game (including post-Elite Four quests) you gain access to a cafe with familiar faces. In it, you can battle certain trainers with fully deadly teams. Currently, this appears to be all eight Gym Leaders and also people that you team up with in the game.

Their pokemon are all low-to-mid 60s.

Elite Four Rematch
Once you have the National Dex, the Elite Four all raise their pokemon by 16 levels. (That would boost EXP by 25% to 33%.) Coming in at the highest level is Cynthia's Garchomp at an alarming Level 78.

Their pokemon appear to stay the same (although their teams are already different for Platinum.)

Gyms
The only gyms with modified puzzles appear to be Eterna, Hearthome, and Veilstone.

Most gyms from Eterna on have slightly modified teams, though. They either take advantage of the new Sinnoh pokemon or they have modified levels thanks to the slightly reshuffled gym order.

Move Tutors
Three move tutors with lots of options have been found. All three of them require Shards as a method of payment.

One person on Smogon reported that he gave 8 Blue Shards to teach one of his pokemon a move. Not sure if this is a universal cost or for just his move.  

Nadian
Crew

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:05 pm
Regigigas
According to Serebii, apparently Regigigas is only level 1 when you encounter him! eek

Now that sounds fun to capture! We'll see how long it takes me to get there, then.

Regirock Found
They finally found Regirock, meaning all Regis have now been located.

My Personal Experience
As lunch ended, I saved just inside the 4th gym. There's a lot of text I wish I understood. Rival keeps coming out of nowhere to point something out here and there, Cyrus is quite clearly snooping around a lot more, and Handsome keeps appearing out of nowhere as well.

I've described that the game feels more animated / alive / polished / refreshing. A lot of the environments are pretty cool. Caves have a wider range of personalities now, ranging from artificial to creepy. Forests feel much more foresty, and the third gym was kind of refreshing.

It has been enjoyable playing up to the point I'm at now. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:18 pm
Wow All the legendaries i've been wanting... *drools*

eek what Regigigas lvl 1 i bet that was a typo in the script or something and might be corrected for the american version.

I would imagine so Nadian. Since it's a completely new version of 4th gen. And yup to the understanding. hehe one can know so much that translating would take time, I think you should send the leaflet of the Fan which looks funny to serebii so they have a better quality of the image and can find what it is.  

Goddess Lia

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:45 pm
Man, those legendary birds are a bit trickier to catch. They're the only ones I haven't caught yet. xp

Let's see, what else is new in Platinum...

Area Personalities
In general, a lot of the environments have differences from D/P and eachother in order to give different areas different personalities. Some areas have slightly different hues. For example, blue~ish hues in Mt. Coronet when heading towards the snowy north of Sinnoh, or the red~ish hues inside Stark Mountain. However, that is not all.

As another example, the Oreburgh mine looks more like a mine and less like a cave. Walls are lined with boards and it has an artificially-lit feel. Or the Great Marsh, which looks much more swamp-like and less like a bunch of mud.

The most interesting change is the Battle Island. All sprites are completely different from the rest of the game. Instead of the same old tree, the island is populated by trees that look like palm trees. The colors are much brighter. Overall, the Battle Island successfully resembles a tropical island.

Resort Area Changes
It appears that one of the houses in the resort area is given to you to do with what you please. You can buy a bunch of furniture for it, but you're not allowed to place it (it is automatically places in a pre-decided spot.)

Top Trainer Cafe
In the Survival Area, there is a Cafe that opens up once you've successfully taken care of events at Stark Mountain. Within this cafe is where you can re-battle past Gym Leaders as mentioned before. However, it has since been found out that you can also battle people you've teamed up with.

Everybody has a team of five pokemon in the low-to-mid 60s.

Rival Weekend Battles
In D/P, after all was said and done, you get a chance every weekend to battle against your Rival. This has returned in Platinum. You'll be able to find your Rival standing in front of the Top Trainer Cafe.

However, people looking through the game data have found battle data for the Rival which suggests the level of his pokemon may increase. In the final "phase", his pokemon will levels 79 to 85, making them one of the highest level in-game teams ever made.

Elite Four after National Dex
Once you obtain the National Dex, the levels of the Elite Fours' pokemon will go up by 16. It's also possible that they gain additional moves (my guess since they send their pokemon out in a slightly different order.)

Cynthia's Garchomp ranks in the highest at level 78.

Rotom's Formes ; the mechanics finally solved
For the past few days, it has been known that the Secret Key is the Mystery Gift item Nintendo announced would be given out from September the 28th through (some ending date I can't remember.) How to use this item has been discovered.

Within Team Galactic's Eterna City base (I think), the Secret Key will open up a secret room with four appliances in it. Whenever you pick one up, Rotom will possess the item. At that moment, he will be given the chance to learn a move unique to the machine. For example, the Washing Machine would give him Hydro Pump.

Apparently, you can return Rotom back to normal at any time by putting the appliance back, although he forgets the unique move.

In related news, Mystery Gift is activated the same exact way in Platinum as it was in D/P. In case you're reading this wanting to activate it yourself, Bulbapedia has the words you need, but I'll give you a little extra Nadian assistance in finding them. ^_~

First, it's helpful to know that the Japanese words you enter are exactly the same as the english words, just phonetically spelled out in Japanese.

Second, when looking for a word, there's a helpful mode you can access by using the touchscreen on the bottom. It's a search mode that allows you to search by the first letter! Three of the words are pretty easy to find using that tool.

First Word: みんな ; you can find it by using the before-mentioned search for just the first letter. It words well! I believe it's the last entry, too.

Second Word: ハッピー ; this one gave me the most trouble, but when I found out that the word was just "happy" it was easy to find. Look in the word category in the lower-left corner.

Third Word: Wi-Fi ; from the search mode, select the "-" ; it displays the few english words, making Wi-Fi easy to find.

Fourth Word: つうしん ; once again, just searching for the first letter makes it simple. I believe it shows up in the results as the second word.

Dialga and Palkia
Yup, you can catch both in the game. As soon as the events on top of Mt Coronet happen, you get credit for seeing both Dialga and Palkia in your pokedex. The good news for meta-gamers is that their underlying stats are not determined at this moment!

Now, both Dialga and Palkia are re-encountered on top of Mt Coronet (at the Spear Pillar) but there are an unknown number of things you must do before-hand:

-You definitely have to talk to somebody at Celestic. Probably the old lady or reading the book on the table. This was the last thing I had to do so I know it's required.

-You might have to capture the legendary lake trio? I've seen people say this, but I'm not sure.

-You have to find Dialga and Palkia's orbs. At least, everybody has said this. They're easy to find, though ; they're inside Mt Coronet, specifically at the top of the waterfall in there (where you'd normally find the Rock Plate.)

Once everything is done, the next confusing part is that Dialga and Palkia's portals will be accessible from Spear Pillar, but only one at a time. In my case, I had to handle Dialga's portal, walk out, and then back into Spear Pillar to get Palkia's portal to appear.

National Dex
Unfortunately, the rule to get the national dex is still the same ; you have to have seen all the Sinnoh pokemon. This includes the new ones.

Palkia and Dialga are automatically given to you when the events on top of Mt Coronet happen, fortunately. Too bad the lake spirits aren't also.

Manaphy, being pokemon #151, now has to be seen as well. Fortunately, Nintendo gave us an easy way out. In the Pokemon Mansion, you can read a book and find a reference to Manaphy, obtaining credit for having seen it.

The good news is that there are pokemon that are easier to see now ; they're more common. (I think I saw at least three trainers with Riolus.) Unfortunately, since the Elite Four teams have been improved, a couple of their pokemon must be seen elsewhere.

Of all the pokemon, Dusclops gave me the most trouble to find.

Early Gible?
The secret entrance to the Wayward Cave no longer requires Strength to enter, meaning that you can obtain a Gible immediately after the Eterna Gym, if desired. (Assuming, of course, Gibles are still in there.)

HM Relocation / Iron Island
A couple of the HMs are now in different locations.

Defog is apparently now found inside the Solaceon Ruins, in the room at the very end.

I can't remember where, but Iron Island must now be played after the sixth gym. I believe this somehow involves obtaining the Strength HM, but I can't remember the details.

An Event-Only Poketch App[
One of the event-only Poketch Apps is now available in Platinum. It checks for breeding compatibility between two pokemon on your team.

It is obtained by capturing five pokemon from the Safari Game in a single safari game.  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff