Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Ridiculosly hard questions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested?
  Yes
  No
  Poll Whore
View Results

qypsyswaq

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:35 pm
Put on a winter coat. Thats not considered rainy day gear  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:22 am
Here's a pretty good/long one.

Detective Shadow got a about Mary Sue being away from work and has not been seen anywhere. In her house all the lights are turned off and no one has been seen going in and out of the house since last week, whom was Sir Shady, which is Mary Sue's father. Detective Shadow calls Sir Shady to the Mary Sue's house asking him to bring a spare key to open the front door. It's night time and there's no light inside or outside the house as they enter. Sir Shady flips the light switch on and in the hall lies Mary Sue's body lying all over the floor. In awe, both Detective Shadow and Sir Shady walk around the body. Sir Shady accidentally trips over the leg of Mary Sue's.
"This is quite interesting." Detective Shadow said noticing the marks around her neck and arms. Suddenly the lights go out. Sir Shady and Detective Shadow both go back to the beginning of the hall where they first were. Detective Shadow flips the light switch on back and forth but nothing happens.
"Let's try the next light." Sir Shady says as he goes down the hall and flips the light. The lights go back on as he does so. "Who would ever do this to my baby?" Sir Shady says.
The next day Detective Shadow has Sir Shady arrested for murder.

How does Detective Shadow know is was Sir Shady?

---
(These are completely two different riddles btw.))

Detective Shadow gets a call from Sir Shady investigate the Victor Mansion. Mary Sue, Victor's wife, has been away on vacation where she too gets the call. Mary Sue and Detective Shadow both enter the house together as they see Victor dead in his study room. In his left hand holds a gun and in his right hand a tape recorder where his head lies on the stop button.
"My husband, my husband! Why has he killed himself?!" Mary Sue shouts in terror. Detective Shadow walks over to Victor and takes the tape recorder. He presses play and the recorder starts:
"My business has gone bankrupt, my two sisters and my parents have been murdered by a suspicious murderer running through our family. I fear I am next so I figure to beat him to it. Mary Sue, I love you." A gunshot is heard with a gasp from Victor's mouth making his death. You can hear the shuffling of his hair against the speaker as his head lies against the stop button.
"You didn't need to kill yourself.." Mary Sue says breathless.
"Victor did not kill himself. I suspect murder." Detective Shadow Announces.
Why does he suspect this?

Michael Menace

Yuuki Aoyagi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:05 pm
lucius_ferre
Okay basically you answer the questions i give you and then i post a new one up, or you can post your own questions up and have people answer those.
rules

1 1 question at a time or you may confuse people

2 no flaming if you get them wrong

3 Don't ask a question you don't know the answer to or is impossible to solve, and don't get mad if somone answers your question correctly and then you tweak the answer and tell them they're wrong

1st question you walk through an open field with no raincoat, umbrella, or any other rainy day gear, how do you get through the field without getting wet?

just walk through the field as you are, no one ever said it was raining, or even wet for that matter...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:26 pm
Michael Menace

Detective Shadow got a about Mary Sue being away from work and has not been seen anywhere. In her house all the lights are turned off and no one has been seen going in and out of the house since last week, whom was Sir Shady, which is Mary Sue's father. Detective Shadow calls Sir Shady to the Mary Sue's house asking him to bring a spare key to open the front door. It's night time and there's no light inside or outside the house as they enter. Sir Shady flips the light switch on and in the hall lies Mary Sue's body lying all over the floor. In awe, both Detective Shadow and Sir Shady walk around the body. Sir Shady accidentally trips over the leg of Mary Sue's.
"This is quite interesting." Detective Shadow said noticing the marks around her neck and arms. Suddenly the lights go out. Sir Shady and Detective Shadow both go back to the beginning of the hall where they first were. Detective Shadow flips the light switch on back and forth but nothing happens.
"Let's try the next light." Sir Shady says as he goes down the hall and flips the light. The lights go back on as he does so. "Who would ever do this to my baby?" Sir Shady says.
The next day Detective Shadow has Sir Shady arrested for murder.

How does Detective Shadow know is was Sir Shady?

I'm not quite positive, but I would have to say it involves something about Sir Shady knowing where the next light switch, in the dark, is. You'll also notice that he trips only when the light is on.

Am I anywhere close...?  

zfatal

Toothsome Fairy

Cerebral Perception

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:29 am
Michael Menace

Detective Shadow gets a call from Sir Shady investigate the Victor Mansion. Mary Sue, Victor's wife, has been away on vacation where she too gets the call. Mary Sue and Detective Shadow both enter the house together as they see Victor dead in his study room. In his left hand holds a gun and in his right hand a tape recorder where his head lies on the stop button.
"My husband, my husband! Why has he killed himself?!" Mary Sue shouts in terror. Detective Shadow walks over to Victor and takes the tape recorder. He presses play and the recorder starts:
"My business has gone bankrupt, my two sisters and my parents have been murdered by a suspicious murderer running through our family. I fear I am next so I figure to beat him to it. Mary Sue, I love you." A gunshot is heard with a gasp from Victor's mouth making his death. You can hear the shuffling of his hair against the speaker as his head lies against the stop button.
"You didn't need to kill yourself.." Mary Sue says breathless.
"Victor did not kill himself. I suspect murder." Detective Shadow Announces.
Why does he suspect this?

Because you can't press the stop button when you're dead.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:05 pm
How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?  

mitsuki5561

Fremerezia

14,125 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:09 pm
lucius_ferre

1st question you walk through an open field with no raincoat, umbrella, or any other rainy day gear, how do you get through the field without getting wet?

Wait till it stops raining.. if it was raining in the first place?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:35 pm
lucius_ferre
Okay basically you answer the questions i give you and then i post a new one up, or you can post your own questions up and have people answer those.
rules

1 1 question at a time or you may confuse people

2 no flaming if you get them wrong

3 Don't ask a question you don't know the answer to or is impossible to solve, and don't get mad if somone answers your question correctly and then you tweak the answer and tell them they're wrong

It ain't raining...

Lol here's my question.

A woman sees a man at her grandmother's funeral and immediately falls in love with him. However at the end of the funeral she has no contact infromation. She doesn't have his number, his name, nothing. She kills her sister. Why?

DJ_Rial

5,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200

metranisome

3,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:17 am
Hatake_Kaishi said-
"A woman sees a man at her grandmother's funeral and immediately falls in love with him. However at the end of the funeral she has no contact information. She doesn't have his number, his name, nothing. She kills her sister. Why?"

Clearly the woman knows the man she longs for has a family connection and will show up at another family funeral where she can ask him about his personal information!

You are walking down a road and the road splits into 3 directions, there is a guard standing at each fork of the road. In order to go the proper direction you have to ask the guards a question. The guards state, before answering any questions, that they will answer only 1 question each. Also they state that one guard will lie for the answer, one will tell the truth and one will kill you if you ask a tricky question. How do you find out which path is the correct one to finish your journey?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:25 am
Ask them all which path is the correct way. It's not tricky and two guards will point to the correct one while the liar will point to a different path.

A family has newly moved into the area. A neighbor asks the parents how old their three girls are. The father answers that the product of their ages is 36 and, pointing to his car, adds that the sum of their ages equals the first two digits in his license plate number. After a short struggle with pen and paper the neighbor says he needs more information. He is then told that the oldest daughter loves strawberry ice cream. "Oh, now I understand," says the neighbor, who promptly comes up with the right answer. What are the ages of the three children?  

Hopeful Bliss

Tipsy Fairy

10,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Generous 100

Buffer920

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:28 am
do fish know thier wet?  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:08 pm
To fish, being wet is about the same as being dry for us. They are certainly aware when they are not wet, but don't really notice it when they are.

Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?  

PenPhantom

chessiejo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:07 am
Starztruk
lucius_ferre

Wait till it stops raining.. if it was raining in the first place?

i am certain that this is the rights answer, but the OP never comes back to say so!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:57 pm
okai so a cowboy rides into town on friday
stays there for 3 days
then leaves on friday
<)8^D  

Arionid

Loser

Arionid

Loser

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:00 pm
mitsuki5561
How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?

drop it on the thinest pointed end thingy
right? .___.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas