Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What is “Love”? ...Yes I’m being serious.. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
View Results

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:05 pm
silver_reaver
The thing about "love" that I've noticed is that when someone thinks they have it, they'll try to never give it up.... It makes people greedy. It's a jealous emotion. Alot of people think that "love" has to be this intense emotion that you'll have from day 1, but I just call that infatuation, that or obsession. "Love" to me, is an overwhelming sense of calm. Something that makes you feel real and in place of another's heart.

yeah it does. the problem with most people is when they find something that makes them happy they cling too tightly to it.. exert too much control over it and never let it go. but with something like love... you cant do that. it's like trying to hold a bit of water in your palm to drink... if you close your fist tight you will lose all the water.. but if you just keep your hand loosely cupped, you can keep it there and drink from it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:41 am
Love is a lovely feeling heart  

padiseal2

xXxRocking AngelxXx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:06 am
[.Angel of Mine.]

Well, love is a feeling that can never be defined.

Hmm... true love. If you truly love someone, you will never give up on her/him. I truly love my boyfriend. But many people wants us to seperate. Especially his step mom. His step mom wants my boyfriend to marry a rich girl. I'm not rich but I'm not poor as well. Even though that we have many problems, we still won't give up. We will still fight for our love till the end.

That's true love for me ^^

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:28 pm
Love is nothing more than an invention of humanity...or something like that, at least thats what some people say. To me love is the best and worst emotion. If you use it right, it is rather pleasurable, but if you are wrong about it, it can be brutal and painful. It is a feeling. Most people say it is a physical attraction to another being. but it is more than that. there are many kinds of love. mothers love their children, because they are a part of each other. people fall in love because of hormones, and mental/physical attraction. If you "love someone" it means that you like them, but only physically or mentally. to truly love is to be attracted both physically and mentally. When you are truly in love, you can tell. It hurts to be away from the person you love, it feels good to be near them. My hands are starting to hurt so I'll leave it at that. Would anyone care to pick up where i left off?  

Master Bei Shin

Elias Thanh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:06 pm
Shearis
Saphire_Storm
All I can say is that you'll know it when you find it. heart

I've though I found love many a time, and not once was I right...

I bet it was. Maybe from both, maybe just from you, but if you thought you found it, you had. The thing is, no one said it would last forever  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:12 am
I believe love is not an emotion at all. It's a relationship.. a series of actions. It's when you're devoted and patient and willing to sacrifice yourself for their benefit and all of that. Parents' love for their children is doing everything they can to make sure their child will grow up healthy and be able to make their way in the world. It's not just giving them hugs everyday. :3  

Ziixxxitria_Coutl

Quotable Genius

4,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Alternate275

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:17 pm
Love has no technical standard... Even the Webster's Dictionary has a difficult time defining the word and i noticed how many of you are trying to get technical with it.... But simply put, it's how you feel...
Whether it be that you love your sister, in love with a girlfriend, or just loving that chocolate pie... It's just a pleasurable measure of how you feel. How long that feeling lasts, is up to you...

The general society accepts love as a term for an incredible or abstract infactuation of somebody (and sometimes, something). But this topic is more opinion based than it is a technical one, so take it how you want to.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:10 am
I believe that love is a mental and physical connection. It can even be chemically caused. Yes there are many different types of love, but love is mostly how you feel for another being. With that said I don't believe that one person should only be aloud to love one other person for it to be "true" love. That's like telling someone who loves chocolate to only eat one piece for the rest of their lives (alright maybe not a good comparison, but you understand what I mean)!

Before I go to far with this subject, let me just agree with Captain Of Squad. This topic is mostly opinion based. Being technical about something that is just in humanly nature to do will only result in a rotating cycle of opinions. I'm not saying it's pointless, I just think maybe going back and forth with what you believe in to one another isn't getting anywhere (I guess that's the same thing..lol).  

RinFox

BluePod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:15 pm
Well here's part of what I think love is
Quote:
1 Corinthians 13
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails.

I think this one is a pretty good defenition of love.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:18 am
Hmm.... Love....???
Can you understand it?
Or better yet was it made to be understood...?
Love is a word you use to express how you feel about another... Right?
Or does love mean to be with someone till you die...?
Which leads onto becoming married...
If you are told there are many different kinds of love how do you know which ones are false and which one is the definitive 'true love'...
Love is not something to be understood but yet felt...
Some of you may say or have said to your parents that you loved them... Is that the same as loving someone else...?
Questions like 'what are emotions?' 'Why do we need them?'... Are questions never to be answered by some random person an a website... Because many people have their own 'Love'... You just have to find yours...
I don't like talking about this because I can't tell you be this is what I think... It's no help at all I know but hey... Thats life... You've just gotta go with the flow...  

kyoshiro2

killerclownmeat

6,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:54 am
....WHAT IS LOVE BABY DON'T HURT ME BABY DON'T NO MORE!  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:51 pm
True love is when you just KNOW that this person is the one and only person you ever want to be with, for the rest of your life.

It's when, no matter how bad the day goes, just one look or word from them is enough to make the whole day worth it.

It's when you would gladly do or give anything to keep them safe and happy.

That is about the best I can describe it, for it is a nearly unimaginable feeling to anyone who has not experienced it first hand. And an unbelievable feeling to anyone who truly has.  

Master Azrael Reaper

Curley Whirly

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:02 pm
Love is when you start caring for someone so much, you stop caring about yourself.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:30 pm
You're being serious? Okay, it's called Oxytocin.  

Vakna

Sango of the Mist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:24 am
Well, everyone's definition of love is different. I guess i would say that love is when you really care about someone and you want to spend your life with that person and make them as happy as you can. heart  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff