Submit

Do you have a soul?
  Yes.
  No.
  Ask me after I've died.
View Results

DragonMistress333

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:24 pm
It's so hard to tell if I have a soul because apparently everything we do it based on chemical reactions and DNA.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:37 pm
i believe that a soul exists in my body i just wonder if there is a possibility to have more than one(as in being bipolar or split personalities)  

Decrepit Bunny Rabbit

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:11 am
djvino
i believe that a soul exists in my body i just wonder if there is a possibility to have more than one(as in being bipolar or split personalities)

wow, never thought of that. very good question.........  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:37 pm
azrael the reaper
djvino

wow, never thought of that. very good question.........

Acording to the ancient Kemetics (Egyptians) there are 7 parts to the soul, or seven souls. The two most primary are the Ba (True soul, that which is truly eternal) and the Ka (Heart-Soul, the seat of our personality, who we are in this incarnation). We also have a double-soul, which is what we projest for those of us who perform astral projection. I cannot remember the other four off of the top of my head (I've got tons of books I still need to unpack >.< And it's in one of them), but basically I will explain the kemetic belief concerning the Ka and Ba. The Ba is eternal. it can never be destroyed. Your Ka is who you are in this life, your personality (or personalities). Upon death, your ka is weighed agianst the feather of Ma'at, the Goddess and concept of balance, enlightenment, justice and order. Here is where the Ka can be destroyed. if it is heavier than the feather, it is fed to Ammit and destroyed. The ba is sent back to Earth with a new ka to reincarnate. If the ka is as lght as the feather, it is immortalized, becomming an Akh, or shining one, and is sent to earth to watch over thier ancestors while the Ba enters into the Fields of Ra to enjoy eternity. As I have stated before, these are the beliefs of the ancient Kemetics and of the present-day Kemetic Orthodoxy.  

King Robert Silvermyst

Jaenne

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:21 pm
I think the term Ghost in the Shell to be the most poetic. I believe I have one.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:18 pm
I believe what the others have said. A soul is different than a spirit, but I do believe in a soul and spirit. A soul is nothing physical, not a source of magic either. Your soul is the natural energy that flows through each and every one of us. That "soul" is what keeps living on in this great Earth. That energy flows through the Earth and into the natural suroundings such as the trees and other plants in turn being consumed by insects who drop there..... "dropings" on the roots of other plants that other animals eat and that we consume as well. In this case the chain of life has been completed. As for a spirit.... Well that is a different story.  

shadow_humper

Raw_Chick

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:37 pm
First I must state this is an excellent topic, and Yes somewhere deep inside the crevices of my mind and heart I believe every one of us has a soul. But first may I explain everyone is born with one, but some people loose theirs over time, or give up and they fade away into this world of misconceptions. Though there are others who keep theres as a shell, or as a close friend. The soul keeps the heart at spirit and the mind flowing. Your soul makes you who you are, and maybe when you loose it you really don't realize, but if you stopped and took the time to realize if you changed, I bet the answer to that question would be yes.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:50 am
the idea of the soul is difficult. We think we can feel it, but is this the human instinct reacting or is it really our own soul. A good recommendation for this examination can be found in Plato's "The Phaedo" since it revolves around the idea of the soul.  

FF Turk_Panto

xvxhanyouxvx

Lonely Conversationalist

6,250 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:59 am
In my mind, it is probably almost biased toward the supernatural because of the Anime I watch. >~<

BUT, in my perspective, and soul can be in different forms:
1) a little glowing ball of energy
2) a 'soul' form, that looks exactly like your own body
3) or a shape or form that represents yourself

There are probably several other different thoughts upon this as well, but to answer your question.

I'd ask you to choose one of the three choices about what a soul is.

Then I'd ask you to close your eyes and ask your body to relax and become calm.

Then look into your own mind, and see if you can really believe that there is really a soul in you.

Can you really see it?

Can you really believe that if you were to fall unconscious at this moment, that you could leave your body and look at yourself through another pair of eyes?

And when you are done looking, you could just gently fall back into your own body?

Then you open your eyes.... and you're back with looking.... and tell yourself: 'I have a soul'.

If you can do this, then it may be that you got a good imagination, or that you really believe that you have a soul.
(and yes, I do believe that I have a soul)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:00 pm
I always thought the there was something inside a person that made them alive...
It's not nessecarily what makes you "you," the way I always saw it, and it's not really what makes you feel emotion, because most of that can be traced to chemical reactions in the brain.
A soul is a hard thing to identify, since it's not tangible or traceable, but there has to be some reason you can reanimate the dead. I mean...you can stimulate a body, but the person won't sit up again. There has to be something in the body that leaves when we die...

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

last angel served

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:34 pm
I think all living things have souls  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:28 am
Of course... we humans have 3 dimensions 1. spirit 2. soul and 3. physical.  

Lokhen

I am mortal

4,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:01 pm
i dont know wether souls egsist  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:00 pm
Umm... I hab a soul and after I die, I stil wud hab a soul. And plz don't rip me apart like a cookie crying  

Phoebex Infinitied--

Mistress Ciltha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:31 pm
I like to think that I have a soul. It gives a sense of being you even when you're not you. Besides, alot of weird things happen in the world, how do we explain these weird things: we don't. it's the same with the soul. It's a weird thing that no body can really explain, and no body really wants to explain.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff