Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ookami hime95

Hygienic Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:08 pm
We don't believe in Satan...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:23 pm
Evil Karma Angel
Most Christians believe that Wiccans ((aka Witches)) worship Satan on PURPOSE. A huge, fat LIE. So, why? The word WITCH can't even be in the Bible? Why?
BECAUSE: The New Testament was first written in Greek. And the Greeks didn't have the word witch. THe closest is SORCERESS.

Witch:
Etymology: Middle English wicche, from Old English wicca, masculine, wizard & wicce, feminine, witch; akin to Middle High German wicken to bewitch, Old English wigle divination, and perhaps to Old High German wIh holy -- more at VICTIM
1 : one that is credited with usually malignant supernatural powers; especially : a woman practicing usually black witchcraft often with the aid of a devil or familiar : SORCERESS -- compare WARLOCK
2 : an ugly old woman : HAG
3 : a charming or alluring girl or woman
4 : a practitioner of Wicca
5 : WITCH OF AGNESI

Sorceress:
A woman who is a Sorcerer
A person who practices sorcery
Etymology: Middle English wysard, from wis, wys wise
1 archaic : a wise man : SAGE
2 : one skilled in magic : SORCERER
3 : a very clever or skillful person

Yet that doesn't even fit! And I watched it on the History Channel:
They replaced the word "Poisoner" with "Witch". Why? To convert the Pagans in Europe, and in England (and that area) the Wiccans.

Wiccan VS Christianity
Our only amniosity toward Christianity, or toward any other religion or philosophy in life, is to the extent that these institutions have claimed to be "the one true right and only way" and have sought to deny freedom to others and to suppress other ways of religios practices and belief.
In other words:
Witches are sick and tired of people in other religions passing judgment and spreading lies about our belief system just because they are either insecure in their own faithor don't realize that many paths to God (or Diety/ies) exist in our universe. These unenlightened people think that by hurting us is better then admitting that people should be free to believe as they want to believe. Witches to dont hate Christians, Jews, or follower os Islam; however, then people from these structured groups try to hurt us with lies, gossip, or physical force, they can expect us Witches to be upset and fight back.

Impressive, I don't think I have found anyone with the same opinions so...Beautifully quoted.

However, this is quite the biased opinion!
I believe there is some truth to what you say, but there is also many lie's!
I am a Christian, there i said it, born and raised.
I've always seen other religions as quite interesting, Wiccan in particularly. Seeing as My own sister is Wiccan, I'm not so sure i know what you mean. I have taken in account the strife between Christian's and Wiccan's, and have found it to be quite ridiculous! My sister, who's name i will not mention for her sake, has found as Many Wiccan's doing the exact same things you would accuse me and my fellow Christian's of doing. so, in fact, had it not been for my assumption of your Ignorance on the matter, i would have to be very offended! Also, i have been taught that, what the bible says, is that we should in fact try to...how would you put it..."convert"?, those who have not "found god", but it also clearly states that, it is the choice of every human being whether he/she chooses to acknowledge god, or even practice Christianity! if you think that, we, as Christians, see Wiccan's as our Enemy, then perhaps you should take this into account:

"Love your Enemies, Bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and prey for them which despite-fully use you and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your father which is in Heaven" (Matthew 5:44, 45)

I'm not sure who it is that has given you this...horrible opinion on Christians but they must not have been very good people at all! God has Given man the choice to believe in him, and has told his followers that we should preach his word, help those in need (christian or not), and teach those who are willing to learn. this hatefulness that you speak of is no where in the bible!, and Shame on anyone who should say it is! Christian or not!
I will Apologize on behalf of whoever has mistreated you in the name of god, and made you to have these Opinions of Christians. but i will say this, i have had my fair share or mistreatment from Wiccans, and none of their treatment has lead me to have a bad opinion of Wiccans themselves. I hope you will keep an open mind, and try not to judge all Christians to be such horrible people.
also, Lies and Gossip, i can understand, buy Physical Force? I'm not really sure what exactly your talking about, but, If you are talking about Wiccans being burned at the stake, or something ridiculous like that, i would have to say, that is so very illegal, and if you have witnessed this happening i would encourage you to report it to the police. And the "fighting back" part, if using Physical Force, i would have to tell you, that no matter what Religion, this is also very Illegal, and very wrong....
And lastly, i would have to say, there has been no one i know that has thought of these petty "he said, she said" fights as "Christian Vs Wiccan",

Take Care, And God Bless you...or is it "Blessed be"? ^^;  

Yuuki Aoyagi

Jill2282

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:37 pm
As a walking contradiction, I find a good deal of this... mildly amusing.

As previously stated, Wicca has only been around since around the 1950's. However, it does have some foundation in the mystery cults of Greece and other pagan religions from around Europe.

Also as previously mentioned, in order to actually be a Wiccan, you do need to be inducted. You can, however, be a witch without being brought into a society because it is possible to perform rituals solitarily. If my information on metaphysics in general is correct, of course. And I assume that for the most part, it will be.

Surprisingly, many of the people who claim to be persecuted the most- that is, the "Wiccans" of the discussion, are more close-minded than one would hope that they would be. They criticize the Christians, and in return close-minded Christians retaliate and a meaningless and hateful discussion is continued.

Alright, now that that's brought up, I'll say this much: if your own religion is so persecuted, then why on earth would you attempt to push the same type of bigotry on other people of perhaps the same religion that might have been cruel to you? The point is to be the better man and be, if not accepting, at the very least tolerant.

Christianity, by the way, also has some roots in Paganism, and the reason being because missionaries very early on in the religion while it was spreading to the wilder parts of Europe needed to make the converts comfortable with the religion. Take the Celtic Cross, for example: the circle comes from the symbol that the people had used during their worship of the moon deities. Also, Halloween (or Samhain) is the most familiar representation of this. Originally it had been a very pagan holiday in which spirits would return (I believe-- I might be wrong on the technicalities of it). It was changed to the more Christian "All Hallow's Eve." Or, as we know it, Halloween.

I'd also like to bring up how many historians are now taking it into consideration that Jesus might not have actually been born on Christmas-- but I'll leave that alone because I'd rather not explain something that I can't remember completely and make more of an a** of myself.

Clearly, bigotry exists in every religion, and that includes more recent ones such as Scientology and, of course, sects of Christianity in itself. And I'd like to also point out that every single one of these religions are cults because they have a secret in the midst of their organisation.

And in case anyone is wondering, I'm a bit of an agnostic neo (though, I don't particularly like that prefix) pagan, but I subscribe to my own set of believes that I'm currently establishing as a sort of "mystery cult" in itself.
Because if there's anything a person wants to know it's your religion and how much money you make.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff