Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What's scarier: Eternal life, or death? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jin-Universal-Guardian-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:08 pm
+Spazmatic_Joy+
Ultra Sarah
Well, let me exaggerate on what I meant, I don't think you got the point. I tried being obvious about it but ... you took that for immaturity. I don't know where you got the idea that I was insulting you.

If you're bored, you clearly aren't looking hard enough for something to do. I mean, just living long as the rest of humanity lives would be great already, altough I admit that after the rest of humanity dies it would get a little lonely. (Just a bit.) But basicly, there are endless things to do. And there are still original ideas. Most ideas are original, in fact. Some movies or books are blatant rip-offs, but most really aren't. And even if they are somewhat of a rip-off, it's still interesting to see a new take on the matter. And these new ideas come up all the time, there are many many things to do.

I suppose that the more interested you are in learning, the more interesting eternal life is. If you're the type that falls asleep in school, after having gotten twelve round hours of sleep, then eternal life would seem just as boring as school would.

He'll always be my

After all the rest of humanity dies off
and you're the last one,
who will be there to think up new ideas.
The original will become just as boring as what's not.
You will have read and seen everything and still live on.
Sure, it will take many years for you to do everything,
but you'll do it all and have nothing new to experience.

S u p e r h e r o <3

The guy has a point, if our race dies, your going to be the only one. And then your going to want to kill your self so your body can rest in peace. If you ask me Eternal is an evil way to live and will be alone for the rest of my life. Eternal life is a realy bad thing. Watch if this realy happens then your gonna wanna kill your self but.........  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:00 am
Wolf Berserker
eternal life on earth would be torture...
I can barely stand to be near me for an hour...
for eternity?
AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! gonk gonk gonk
death isnt too bad
i agree i would run around insanely and if i was like throughn into the sun u couldnt die but it would eternally hurt  

master_ninja_EJ

normtheclone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:20 pm
I'd have to say eternal life. I would rather die then have to go on forever. I mean sure I love being alive, but after awile it would get "dull."  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:49 pm
um life most definately  

Kizumo Shuro

caliber112

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:59 pm
having eternal life and youth would be amazing you could be your own army someone decides to shoot you ouch but you don't die you would be unstopable you could end wars rule countries the world would be your plaything and you the maniacle child and you would be around to see all the human advances in technology and could prosper to be ridiculeusly rich absolutly wonderful but without youth it would still be a good choice because you can still learn  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:57 pm
I say both are scary...but I'm personally a christian (Even if I do have my doubts) So yeah Although living forever on earth would be fun for a while then boring...I would rather be invisible xD Spy on people. But yeah either way I think both are scary...death...You can only die once and whatever happends after is you being dead i guess. And the pain of dying is a small amount of time. While living for ever could make you go insane! That would probably go on forever.  

Gadzoinka

Megus140

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:35 pm
Eternal life: Seeing those around you die so quickly, time must increase in speed to the point of where it stops completely trapping you forever.

Eternal death: N/A Falling down, blind, deaf, and dumb into a pit with no end.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:27 pm
Megus140
Eternal life: Seeing those around you die so quickly, time must increase in speed to the point of where it stops completely trapping you forever.

Eternal death: N/A Falling down, blind, deaf, and dumb into a pit with no end.

I agree with you. eternal life would be worst. Who would want to live forever? I would rather die than live forever. Who wants to see the world end and all your loved one die before you? I would rather have death.  

Cevadeva

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:07 pm
Ultra Sarah
I was talking about this briefly with a friend.

So what do you think would be scarier, having eternal life, or knowing that one day you will have to face death?

I honestly think the second one is scarier, I couldn't imagine a life without life!

Your thoughts?

considering we dont *really* know what happens to us after death (I tend to believe that something of ourselves continues to exist beyond physical death), then we dont really know if there's really anything to be afraid of by dying. living forever would be scarier to me. I mean, I'd out live anyone I fall in love with, anyone that means anything to me. yeah, I think I'd rather die and take my chances with what mysteries lay beyond the veil of death than deal with that sorrow.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:19 pm
For me, I'd say, death is the lesser of two evils.
Sure I'd enjoy longer life.... for a while anyway.... but...
Forced to endure countless millenia of tedium and boredom as a human?
Think about it.

Also, eventually the sun will turn into a red giant and engulf the planet, and, I'd rather not be immortal and have nerve endings when that happens.  

Realityfoible

moralesz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:07 pm
i honestly think eternal life would be better only becuase once you die its over. while beoing alive forever might get boring you would get through live through all the changes in the world  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:03 pm
Eternal life is scareier by far. Knowing that no matter what you can never die it can never come. You never growing old while all around you withers and dies...no matter how much you wish to join them you can not.  

Balthasarx

6,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:20 am
moralesz
i honestly think eternal life would be better only becuase once you die its over. while beoing alive forever might get boring you would get through live through all the changes in the world

but we dont really know that... once you die it's over. and anyone who claims *true* knowledge of such things, knows something no other human in history has ever been able to prove. the only way to have such knowledge for ones self is to die. religions say various things, some beliefs you go to heaven or hell, others you get reincarnated... etc... whatever culture you were brought up in is what your base belief system is going to reflect. and who is to say what religion is right and what is wrong? who is to say the atheist is wrong? we DONT know. we speculate, and we have beliefs... but lets be honest here, beliefs are only that. beliefs. not fact, not truth. they may be deeply rooted beliefs that *feel* true to the believer, but that persons truth is not universal, and any other belief is no more or less valid than anyone elses.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:09 am
I fail to see why anyone would choose eternal life over death. You'd either go insane from seeing anyone you ever knew or cared for or even saw when they were a baby die in every way possible and you'd never be able to escape it since you'd always be alive you'd always have those memories and besides everyone dies even 'Jesus' died and he was supposedly the son of 'God' and I doubt he was afraid or anyone else that knew they were dying it's a natural thing not to be afraid of, because do you know what you do when you break a circle(the Circle of Life in this case) it's no longer a circle and is no longer able to function I'd choose death in a heart beat over eternal life.  

Nerevar Fatehand

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:33 pm
Nerevar Fatehand
I fail to see why anyone would choose eternal life over death. You'd either go insane from seeing anyone you ever knew or cared for or even saw when they were a baby die in every way possible and you'd never be able to escape it since you'd always be alive you'd always have those memories and besides everyone dies even 'Jesus' died and he was supposedly the son of 'God' and I doubt he was afraid or anyone else that knew they were dying it's a natural thing not to be afraid of, because do you know what you do when you break a circle(the Circle of Life in this case) it's no longer a circle and is no longer able to function I'd choose death in a heart beat over eternal life.

well, people are afraid of dying. it's a natural instinct to be afraid of death. all species seek to avoid it. without such a fear, such an instinct to live... we'd all be dead, there would be no life. We'd all be too wreckless. fear keeps us in check, keeps us from doing stupid things (well... MOST of us anyway, I've known some pretty stupid people in my day). it's natures way of keeping individuals within a species around long enough to be given a chance to reproduce and keep the species going.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff