Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Do the words "I love you" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vital_strife

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:20 pm
the words "I love you" have been overused. They should be used only when you truely mean it.  
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:52 pm
I love you doesn't mean anything anymore, because when you walk through the halls of a middle school were hugging is happening, they say I love you, but in reality it just means "You're my friend, and I want to look like I have a love life/girl/guy". how about you??  

THE albino muskrat

Meg_rush92

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:30 am
it may not seem like it but wen i say "i love u" 2 my bf i mean it every time. we dont say it every day every 5 seconds but wen we do say it i feel like it does mean something. we always talk about not wanting 2 break up bcause this is our 1st serious relationship out of the others we've had b4 eachother...and hes the 1st bf ive ever had that actually cares that i exist so wen we say love, i believe that we mean it.... heart

btw, luv ur avi biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:33 am
There are many different levels of love. We can't exactly use the same term for different things of importance. I could say, "I love you," to my parents, but I mean that I love that they're always there for me, they (sometimes) try to understand me, they care about my feelings.

But the "I love you" that comes from the heart of another person who hasn't known you your entire life, that person who, to you, feels as if they are another part of your body, that phrase means a whole world more. You know how you feel, that different love, and now you know that they feel the same as well.

But when the latter "I love you" is used in order to get that other person's way, it makes a person vunerable to many types of emotional torment.

When, and if, I tell that someone that I love them, I mean to say the words from my heart, and not from some unknown need to just say it. Even if it would protect their feelings. Lying them would hurt them so much more in the end.  

Pesca

redheadstemper

Blessed Phantom

8,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:57 am
the words 'i love you' hold a lot of meaning to me, but sometimes that can be completely misunderstood. when i tell my closest friends that i love them, i'm saying that they are the family i have chosen, the people that i trust with everything. when i tell my family i love them, i mean that, even though they don't know what is best for me . actually, that is the hardest kind of love to describe. some people, when i try to explain it, try to simplify my explanation to 'you trust them' but it isn't that, because i dont trust most of my family . . . they are the people that dont like my decisions, but will still help me, because they know that it will make me happy, even though they try and convince me out of it the whole way, and i know that i would do the same for them. i tell them every time i see them, or speak to them, or write to them, that i love them, but it isn't overused, because each and every time i mean it just as much as ever.
the same thing, when i tell my boyfriend i love him, it has its own meaning, and i have to admit that i have now told two boyfriends that i love htem. that doesn't make it any less true in either case. both of them will always hold a place in my heart, i'm just not going to have a relationship with the one who wasn't willing to try a long distance relationship, ever again. i say it to my current partner regularly, sometimes flippantly, sometimes seriously, but it always has the same meaning, that he will always have a place in my heart, and until the time he rips my heart open, i will always forgive him any minor faults . . its more complex than that, but i'n not going to bare my entire soul to absolute strangers.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:12 am
"I Love You". The words no longer hold as much meaning for me I guess but it must come down to the current condition and the person you're saying it to. It would mean much when you present your love to someone, for example, you have a crush on someone and they have a crush on you and both of you are like each others best friends and just really shy about it.
Then it would mean more than the moer casual "I Love You" shared between 2 in a relationship, but that still has meaning. It has a little less meaning over family members and these days i suppose much much lesser meaning, used as a mere joke, between friends like before mentioned.

Ok i wrote this befor reading anything cept sometihngs on the first page, now looking at what's been put down, well.. Neat, is a good enough word for it i guess.  

N K Cake

Conservative Poster

5,700 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Flovi

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:55 am
Err.. i say that to people all the time. xD "I love you" is more of something that says "I would be sad if you died" to me.

Of course, you might see it at the tone, as if the voice is sensitive and soft, it's not for friendlings. x3  
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:46 pm
I think the word love is overrated, even if I don't believe it It still makes me feel special. When one of my friends tells me they love me, I know it's true, because I've know them for a long time.

Urg, I guess what I'm trying to say is that "I love you" Needs to be said at the right time. Love takes time to grow, and often it's said right away.  

ic_instantnoodle

The Volturis Lover

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:41 am
It depends on who its coming from and how its said. If some random person just tells me they love me, I just tend to put it off. But when my bf or my family says it, I tend to believe it, just because of the context its used in.  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:31 am
It used to be the greatest thing someone ever said to me but is now the worst and most unmeaningful phrase to me.  

The Twizzler

chessiejo

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:23 pm
i have been hurt and crushed by people who found it very easy to say those words.

so now i judge by actions instead.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:39 pm
I LOVE YOU means everything to me. (:

I always mean it when I say it. Those are powerful, binding words that I reserve for close friends and family.

Sure, I throw around 'love' - I LOVE that new Bright Eyes CD, I LOVE those pants - but loving a PERSON is a completely different and much more serious matter.

When I say I love somebody, I'm genuine, and they can feel that. It will never lose meaning to me, not when it's said by someone who means it. You can feel it when they mean it, and it's that emotion that makes it mean anything at all.  

Sir Macca of Pepperland

Kisagi

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:49 pm
I love you.

That means I want you to know that I care about you.

The words are so often confused as over used inscincere a burden and bold face lies. In all honesty you are the ones getting it wrong I love you is a statement, it isn't a promise, I feel deeply for this love can change over time love can end love can start again, love isn't forever. It isn't something concrete as people want it to be love is a feeling, feelings change.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:40 am
The words I love you have no value it is the tone on wich it is said and the body language with wich it is combined that have value.  

Garynook

6,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

E M T T

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 2:14 am
I love you, the three most over-used words i know of. Thats why I personally only say it when i really mean it. I find a lot of people say it without meaning, and so then the words are slowly starting to have no feeling in them. One thing that gets me is all this "ily" stuff, I mean, people at my school are starting to say it. In my opinion, and I'll probably be flamed for this, ily is sort of stupid. If you meant it you'd type the words, and as for saying it.. people are going around being all like "i ily you". Now come on, don't you see your saying i i love you you?? Feel free to flame on me, but hey, its my opinion on the subject. heart  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff