Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abortion?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Meina Darkfur

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:23 am
When I was younger and much more idealistic, I was totally completely for the idea of taking responsibility for your choices and I thought that meant giving birth to the child you didn't intend to have. Is that really the only way to take responsibility? In so many cases it ends up being the government or another person who is the one who takes responsibility, and what child wants to be a "responsibility" that needs to be taken care of?

It seams like many people think that having an abortion is a simple easy thing. A choice to be made of a whim. It isn't. It's an emotionally, physically, and mentally damaging experience. It's painful, humiliating, risky, and often more expensive then you generally have readily available. It certainly isn't something to be used as a form of birth control when there are so many other options readily available.

Unfortunately the truth of life is that things happen, people make mistakes, and there are many ways to pay the price for them.

Now I believe that it is a very personal decision. That it is the right of every woman to have unbiased information available to her on every option she has available so she can make the best decision possible for her and her child. No one should be aloud to make that decision for her unless she is medically incapable of making it.

However, I also believe every one is entitled to their own opinions on the matter and can not fault any one for having one. I only hope that some people think about it from more then the biases they were raised with, keep and open mind, and do some research before developing a solid opinion.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:07 pm
I'm not for or against it.....I mean if it was illegal then the women can put the children for adoption and it it is legal then that gives the women a choice in their situation and blah blah blah....I just really hope that the people that do the stem cell research don't pay the women for their aborted children's cells because then that would promote abortion and we don't need that.  

rin08

Demonic Sex Symbol

lahdolphin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:31 pm
Usually I say it is murder. A lot of people get them because they do not want a child at that time. Then do not have sex or use protection. It is wrong either way it is still the same as killing an infant... anyways it is wrong for mural and religious reasons (and I do not go to church so do not call me a religious freak)  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:19 pm
xXSerial ExperimentXx
Firstly, I am HIGHLY against abortion when it was a stupid teenager that didn't think about the consequences of having sex. I know, as teenagers, their hormones are going nuts and some different paths might lead them to early sex but come on! If abortion is used as a form of "birth control" to stop horny teens from having babies I think that's disgusting. Do you kill someone because they are making your life in convenient? No. Then why kill a child because you wanted someone in your pants for an hour??

Rape cases I have more sympathy for. It's horrible that a woman should have to suffer because of what some guy did to her against her will, but I still don't agree with abortion. I know I can't force my belief onto her but I believe in letting the child die. The child isn't responsible for hurting you so why does it need to die.

Now I know there are other situations but I think you get the idea of what I'm trying to say. sweatdrop
I don't believe in killing a child for someone else’s mistake.

What I think we should be doing is trying to figure out a way to let the mother and baby live safe and happy lives, rather then argue about which one should be sacrificed for the other.
biggrin

i dont agree. its totally the womans choice whether or not she wants to have a baby or not. not ANYBODY else's. whether the woman was raped or not, its her decistion. maybe if she was just being uncareful, thats her mistake. its better than having the baby and having to either give it up because shes not ready, or keeping the child and abusing or neglecting him or her, isnt it? & anyways, the baby wouldnt have any idea whats going on.  

emiIyy

Tejanochica

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:24 am
I an pro-life, abortion is killing the baby before it's even born, yes the girl should have a choice, but she gave up the choice when she got pregnant, if she doesn't want the kid then she should give it up for adoption, i mean, what if your mom had an abortion? You wouldn't've had a chance at life.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:03 pm
Before doing an in-depth debate on abortion for my Current Events class, I was for abortion.

But then I learned of all the health issues that can occur, and all the increase statistics that happen after the abortion, such as an increased risk of a miscarriage later on.

Quite frankly, abortion is just unhealthy for a woman. I don't support either side fully, but I believe women who are considering an abortion should be very well educated on the matter before they make a decision.

Tasty Crayons

monster_bunny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:22 am
xXSerial ExperimentXx
Firstly, I am HIGHLY against abortion when it was a stupid teenager that didn't think about the consequences of having sex. I know, as teenagers, their hormones are going nuts and some different paths might lead them to early sex but come on! If abortion is used as a form of "birth control" to stop horny teens from having babies I think that's disgusting. Do you kill someone because they are making your life in convenient? No. Then why kill a child because you wanted someone in your pants for an hour??

Rape cases I have more sympathy for. It's horrible that a woman should have to suffer because of what some guy did to her against her will, but I still don't agree with abortion. I know I can't force my belief onto her but I believe in letting the child die. The child isn't responsible for hurting you so why does it need to die.

Now I know there are other situations but I think you get the idea of what I'm trying to say. sweatdrop

What I think we should be doing is trying to figure out a way to let the mother and baby live safe and happy lives, rather then argue about which one should be sacrificed for the other.
biggrin

well said.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:37 am
Tejanochica
I an pro-life, abortion is killing the baby before it's even born, yes the girl should have a choice, but she gave up the choice when she got pregnant, if she doesn't want the kid then she should give it up for adoption

If she didn't intend to get pregnant, how did she "give up the choice?"

Tejanochica
i mean, what if your mom had an abortion? You wouldn't've had a chance at life.

I hear this one way too much. If my mom had had an abortion, I would have died as a fetus, and would therefore not have 'missed' anything, for lack of a better word. If I hadn't had a "chance at life," I wouldn't have known the difference.

In other words, fetuses don't know that they're being killed and they don't know that they're 'missing out.'  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:51 am
xXSerial ExperimentXx
Firstly, I am HIGHLY against abortion when it was a stupid teenager that didn't think about the consequences of having sex.

Haven't you ever made a mistake? Didn't you ever want help getting out of a bad situation? I think you're being cold and unfair. Forcing a teen to have a baby she doesn't want as a form of self-righteous "punishment" is borderline torture, in my opinion.

xXSerial ExperimentXx
Do you kill someone because they are making your life in convenient? No. Then why kill a child because you wanted someone in your pants for an hour??

A fetus is not the same thing as a child. I would not support killing a child, and would in fact consider THAT murder. However, with abortion, it's a fetus, not a fully-developed child with a distinct personality and functioning nervous system and brain.

xXSerial ExperimentXx

Why is having sex a mistake? The pregnancy is the mistake, so doesn't it make sense to correct it?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:19 am
When I was younger I was much like many of the girls here. I didn't much take a stance on the issue but decided I could never go through with an abortion myself.

Unfortunately, life has a funny way of messing with you. I got into an extremely abusive relationship. My ex-bf would hit me, hurt me, yell at me, swear at me, sexually assault me, and blame me for things that were in no way my fault. I lived all the way across the country from my family and friends and had no idea what to do about the situation. I was working full-time to pay bills while he sat on his a** at home each day playing video games and telling me I was the scum of the earth.

He always asked me what my stance on abortion was and I assured him I would NEVER get one. MISTAKE. This resulted in him hiding my birth control and my other medications each time I renewed them. Ultimately, I did get pregnant as was his plan. I never would have had the courage to get out of that relationship if I hadn't had a life inside me and I will always thank the potential-child for that empowerment.

Unfortunately, I was severly threatened by him. He told me that no matter where I went he wanted to see his child. I was distraught.

After A LOT (don't take that phrase lightly) of thinking and research on the matter I decided on terminating the pregnancy. I was so depressed and thought I was the scum of the earth for even considering it. I was wrong. I would not have my life if I had gone through with it. I could not risk putting myself and a child in a situation that had already proven itself to be dangerous.

Women need to remember they DO have a choice, despite the amount of people who are pro-life. Do not let the taboo on this subject sway your decision. Many people take a stance without knowing much about it at all; the epitome of biased.  

TemptedBlaze

2,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

cranger danger

4,500 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:39 am
Im aganist it with my whole life.

Women should know the risks of sex. Getting pregnant. If you don't want to give birth, don't have sex. Simple as that.

You shouldn't deprive that little baby of life. Bringing life into the world is a huge and wonderful thing.

(Not that I have,not even close to anyof this.. Because Im not old enough.. 14..Yeah..)

Young women, who mostly think about abortions more, I think, know the risks. They say it would never happen to them, and what does.

Just have your baby, give it up for adoption, closed or open, and get on with your life.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:09 pm
I really wish you would have put like an "Other" option in the poll.

I personally am against it, but seeing as how if I'm raped I wont have to deal with a child growing in me for 9 months constantly reminding me of the ordeal then obviously I can't give a very good argument against abortion.

I tend to go more towards letting women do what they want, I don't think any government should be able to make it illegal.  

a scawy ghost

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:35 pm
CRAZY WHiT3 GiRL
Just have your baby, give it up for adoption, closed or open, and get on with your life.

Do you honestly think a woman/girl can just "get on with" their lives after having to go through the process of an unwanted pregnancy, giving birth against their wishes, and having to find adoptive parents?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:44 am
I believe it's right for a woman to decide if an abortion is a viable option. While i believe every step should be taken for the need of an abortion to be prevented and yes i mean CONTRACEPTION people. However I know this is not all ways the case, and I think the decision should not be taken lightly as there are obviously severe mental and physical affects.

As the child of young parents (my mum had just turned 17 when she had me) I find it hard to believe that my mothers family wanted me aborted. Despite this I still believe in the right of choice  

bakes1

Diansw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:51 am
I used to say NO abortation except in cases of rape then I had a 16 year girl to say to me "Yeah right kill the baby because it's father is a s o b " Made me rethink about it She mad a very good point  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff