Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What is “Love”? ...Yes I’m being serious.. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll
View Results

Whack A Taco

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:03 am
Love is Pain.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:50 am
Some of the answers stated are not very well explained....
Love is a word one witch people turly take for granted. To figure out what the word means the only way you can say its true is if your willing to give up everything for something you care for so deeply. Love in turn means caring and caring can come in all forms such as items feelings lust and pain. Caring is the reason we live on earth because if we had nothing at all no food no water no friends family or feelings for others we would have no reason to live. If you didnt have something anything to fed yourself on youed have no reason to live it dosent matter what it is....it can even be a longing for something your never have. True love is when you care for someting so deeply your willing to put everything else that belongs to you that you care for or that you lust out of the way just to have it. Just to care for it to make it more importent then anything else. To see that there is true love is to see why a mother risks her life for her child. Or a friend dose something that puts there life there happyness and there very soul into one thing they care for. Love ist just "the one" its not just saying the word its a deep constep and to turly know it is to truely see what you live for. What you would be willing to put on the line for. Not nessarly someone but anything that you yern for that you care so much for your willing to give up everything for it.  

Monako SM

Feline Shapeshifter

13,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Monako SM

Feline Shapeshifter

13,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:09 pm
love ist hard to describe because its everything everyone in this form as already stated it can be pain sorrow happyness a deep caring for something.
Just open your eyes and see that all the answerd stated are apart of one big one even though i attempeted to say my meaning for it its the same as yours but some people explain better no? o.-  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:37 am
what is love? baby don't hurt me..

no, just kidding. i have no expirience in love, but my mother told me that you should only marry someone you could trust with your soul, who would never grow bored with you or break your heart.
funny how she married a mildly emotionally abusive husband.  

girlscomplex

Profitable Prophet

5,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Threadmaster 200

axelpwnsuall

3,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:33 pm
Rain And Roses
All I can say is that you'll know it when you find it. heart

Amen!
Trust me, ive had troubles with this for awhile. a large difficulty is telling the difference between love and lust. however, Rains and Roses is correct, once you find it, you will know. because its like nothing you've ever felt before. you get the feeling like....its not even describable (Sp?) You feel like you would do anything for this person and....if you saw anybody with that person you would be heartbroken.........Personal experience ^^;
My advice to anybody in love: Tell that person, you might get only one chance to be with that person, so take advantage of it while you still have the chance.
*thanks for reading my love-rant :3 cookies for all of you*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:02 am
What is love?  

ggem3

8,700 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200

xXx suicidal_skittles xXx

5,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:13 pm
I dont really think there is a correct definition for love. everyone feels/experiences love in different ways. This is a thought that helped create a poem of mine.
Everyone has their own definition of love and we ca spend hours trying to find the perfect one but that wouldnt make sense cause we all feel it differently.
But when you do find it, you will know. biggrin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:10 pm
Love is a very difficult thing to describe.
However, if we look at the subject from a biological perspective, love is (like all other emotions) nothing but a chemical reaction.

Think about this:
We are really not much different from animals.
Animals experience a certain attraction to members within their species (usually) that are of the opposite gender.
They experience this attraction because of hormones.
And further narrow their selection through competition.
Often animals will choose mates that are bigger, healthier, and stronger.
Humans experience the same "emotion" which is a reaction created by certain hormones that are released inside the brain.
Also like animals humans look for traits that are favorable to them.
After "falling in love" humans undergo a ceremony that binds them in matrimony (marriage) and learn to tolerate their spouse's flaws because it is neccessary.
If a "relationship" can last for the first several years, the two people most likely develope a mental attatchment to their spouse.
If they cannot learn to tolerate each other, couples often seperate or "divorce" and search for a new mate (just as animals do).

Love, in my opinion, is a blend of hormones and tolerance and mental attatchment

What do people think love is?
Most people are selfish by human nature and subconciously assume that there is someone out there who will always agree with them, never get angry with them, and always want to be around them.
THERE IS NO SUCH PERSON.
As I said before, love is tolerance.
Your significant other will SOMETIMES agree with you.
They will get angry with you OFTEN.
And sometimes they will want to do things WITHOUT YOU.
And you will have to TOLERATE these things.
After spending a good while with this person, you will grow attatched to their presence.
There you have it: TRUE LOVE

Anwell

5,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

MindxHunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:06 pm
If you spend a year or two with a guy or girl you like, it will be where you can't stand them to go away. Your True Love is your Best Friend, Your lover, and you would do about anything for them, while you think of yourself at times also. Their is a balance in True Love, nothing is perfect.

I also believe it's on what type of love you are attracted to also( Not the love you were talking about) That really makes you fall inlove. The more time with that person (Without suffication, but just being friends to best friends) the harder it is to let go (I would know). A bestfriend, with romantic feelings also.  
sharpin998800 generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 83!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:41 am
I was in love only once.
Hence "was"

Things I've learned:
Love is just a word.
Love is not the emotion.
Love describes not half of the feeling.
Hardly anyone understands what love is anymore,
Love is not when YOU feel for someone.
Love is not done by one person.

Love is when you become very close to someone.
Love is a relationship built up by two people, into something they can be proud of.
Love is when you are truly happy with the other person.
Love is where you can lay down with them doing nothing and have the best day of your life.
Love is where you may not share the same interests but you both compromise to make the other happy.
Love is when you cry for them.

You will never be in love.
You and Him/Her will be in love.  

sharpin998800

0-0rainynights0-0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:46 am
Love is a sugarcoated word. It is not true. It is merely a camouflage for possessiveness...
Love therefore is an ugly word people use to hide their intentions.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff