Submit

Do you have a soul?
  Yes.
  No.
  Ask me after I've died.
View Results

Rainbow cat FACE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:00 pm
as soon as you take the head, you take away the brain, and nothing in the body works anymore. thats when i think you stop being yourself, because you have to be dead at that point.

i believe that we're all one consciousness. that we're all a small part of a huge network of infinite knowledge. and its possible to unlock that knowledge.

so i guess you could call that small part a soul. but personalities differ. a personality is something that's developed through life with the brain.

so back to the original question, i think that my personality stops existing as soon as im dead. and that would just leave my "soul" when its gone.

idk. i believe in weird things and change my mind a lot sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:32 pm
first of all i can sense killer intent and if you try to rip off my arm you'll be dead before you even tried. and on that note i do believe the soul exists and that they are negatives that aprevious poster put. i also believe you can project your soul to someone else's mind. and you can manipulate your spirit/ki/qi/chi energies. and i also believe in karma which is just like the saying, "dont do unto others what you dont want done unto you." but in the case of karma is through every action there is a consequence either be it goood or bad.  

FenrirGaros

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

SchizoSpazz

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:55 pm
everybody who is alive has a soul. what i was told a soul is is the body and spirit united. your spirit is like your hand, and your body is like a glove. your hand can move without the glove, but the glove can't move without the hand. The soul is both of them together, and only when you're alive is when you have a soul.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:35 am
I think I have more than a brain. It makes me breath and my heart beat. I don't do that. My brain does. If it was my brain that made me make mistakes, I don't see why my body should be punished. I think there's something deep inside of us, that decides what we like, how we feel, whether we do right or wrong, what annoys us and other things. Some people call it a consience, others a soul or a spirit and some people say it hangs around you as an aura. Your brain decides things you cannot control, that you're allergic to bees, you have ADD, cancer, etcetera.
I believe the soul is what feels pain (emotional-wise), irrational fear, love, guilt e.t.c.. It may be a part of your brain, to some people, but there nonetheless. Great example? Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

~N-B-B~  

Ninja Baby Blues

Tearstains

3,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:27 am
If we have no soul, then why is it that we have phantom pains when we really do lose our limbs?

If we had no soul, we would not feel that pain...then again, it could just be your brain not realizing it's gone. Scientific and all of that.

You know how our existence was proven by this quote "I think, therefore I am."

Well, this is my quote to prove we have a soul:

"I feel, therefore my soul exists."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:23 pm
Yes we have a soul. You're soul is you its who you are, its who you want to be, and its who you where, God made us special we are the only creatures that have souls, if we had no soul's we would have no personality, no Mental feelings we would have no concern for the sanctity of life (though some have souls and still have concern for life), we wouldn't be ourselves, I would not be silly (outside gaia), i wouldn't dream, i wouldn't make jokes, because i wouldn't care

((i just noticed how old this thread is))  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

Lokhen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:40 pm
Despite of what you said and what I've imagine. I must say I will still believe that I do have a soul. My body is a vessel in which my soul take its existence.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:58 pm
i have three souls (all same being, but separate minds) and a body (a being of its own). so when i die myself (as in my body) will no longer exist, but my souls that is different, but one in the same will move to the other side and stay there until it returns to another body.  

Arties

Savage Grabber

11,850 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Deppfan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:00 am
I don't believe in souls. All we are, is the elecrical impulses in our brain and body. Once that ceases, we are gone.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:55 am
why is there a word for it if it doesn't exist. ?

Just because we don't see the air, does that mean it does not exist?

you can feel your own soul, just as you feel the air brush your face.  

bittersweetheartbeat

3,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Befriended 100

Deppfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:32 am
bittersweetheartbeat
why is there a word for it if it doesn't exist. ?

Just because we don't see the air, does that mean it does not exist?

you can feel your own soul, just as you feel the air brush your face.

I've never felt this "soul" you speak of. What does it feel like, then?  
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:43 am

Personally I'd like to think that there is such a thing such as a soul. I made my own definition of it. For me, a "soul" is the "spark" of life in all its forms. That's right, even bacteria have souls, at least for me.

Ashanzer Rafael

nyanfagg0t-x

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:53 am
well i did have a soul.....
Then someone eated it

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:02 pm
forget who said this but it speaks wonders about this topic

"You don't have a soul you are a soul you have a body"  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

une_pomme_verte

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:10 pm
i personally think that the soul is the thing that makes us ourselves, kinda our personality i guess but not quite. its kinda like, if we didn't have souls we would just be a bunch of chemical reactions. (i also said something of the sort in the "intelligent discussions thread")
but to the original example, i have no idea. theres the fact that i simply don't know what happens when we die, and we would surely be dead by that point. but saying i didn't die, when you take the head, thats the brain, and when you take it, theres nothing left where i was originally standing, so i (my body and soul) wouldn't be there anymore in the first place...  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff