Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sereniy_eyes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:20 am
kyoshiro2
Your very single minded aren't you...
And there is no proof 'God' exists... And 'God' is more a belief than a religion in my opinion...

Well how you worship God depicts(sp?) diffrence in religions, I think.

Also, there's no proof there is a God, and yet there's no proof that there isn't a God.
((lol, can you tell I believe in God?))

Anyways, the person who started this discussion is right, atheism, if that's even a word, isn't a religion.
Basically it says, 'when you die, nothing happens.'  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:29 pm
I pretty much agree with you on that but i belive that there is a god but i think humans cant understand or comprehend the god that they no. They pray and worship this god but they wont be able to understand it untill they die. That is the only way

Slade_Black

Yuuki Aoyagi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:16 pm
Pardon my "Single Minded" opinion. i simply can't comprehend why exactly people take such offense to a God that's not even supposed to exist, why people can take such offense to a religion they believe is wrong, and mostly, why people are so accepting of groundless theories, such as Evolution and Global Warming, but feel the need to Dis-Prove a Religion that's never done them any harm in the first place.
You say Christians are ignorant, and feel the need to "correct" them of their mistake, The question is: why? has your Science told you to be so accepting of such groundless theories, yet mock and take offense to Religions that actually have ground to stand on?, where your Science lacks, Religion does not. so why i ask you, do you take Offense to Religious "Ignorance", instead of simply proving them wrong, or better yet, ignoring them! why not use your science for what it was intended: Help make the World a better place.
but wait...if that's the case, if that is what Science is intended to do, then...who will Dis-Prove the Religions?....who will come up with Groundless Theories and publish them to the world as right?, who will be there to mock the ignorant?! My, it seems we have a problem.... Perhaps, we could let their God's Prove them wrong!, it's brilliant! Science will make the world a better place, and the Non-Existent God's will cure the ignorant! Everyone's happy!...right?...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:13 am
There are Atheist churches and one says it is not a religion? Sure its own name states it's not a theism aka not a religion but still it founds its own churches which, if I recall correctly are structures for religious activities. Hmmm how curious? There is the Church of the non-believers and the church for the unchurched but does that really make any sense? Quite frankly no, you could give so many other names for an atheist meeting place than a church yet they pick exactly a church.  

Garynook

6,950 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Elastic Yellow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:29 am
Yuuki Aoyagi
Pardon my "Single Minded" opinion. i simply can't comprehend why exactly people take such offense to a God that's not even supposed to exist, why people can take such offense to a religion they believe is wrong, and mostly, why people are so accepting of groundless theories, such as Evolution and Global Warming, but feel the need to Dis-Prove a Religion that's never done them any harm in the first place.
You say Christians are ignorant, and feel the need to "correct" them of their mistake, The question is: why? has your Science told you to be so accepting of such groundless theories, yet mock and take offense to Religions that actually have ground to stand on?, where your Science lacks, Religion does not. so why i ask you, do you take Offense to Religious "Ignorance", instead of simply proving them wrong, or better yet, ignoring them! why not use your science for what it was intended: Help make the World a better place.
but wait...if that's the case, if that is what Science is intended to do, then...who will Dis-Prove the Religions?....who will come up with Groundless Theories and publish them to the world as right?, who will be there to mock the ignorant?! My, it seems we have a problem.... Perhaps, we could let their God's Prove them wrong!, it's brilliant! Science will make the world a better place, and the Non-Existent God's will cure the ignorant! Everyone's happy!...right?...
I am not an athiest. I am an agnostic person, but I can tell you WHY a lot of people take offense to religion/God/whatever. It's because of the Christians who want to hound you and hound you and hound you because you don't beleive. I know a couple people who will endlessly stab me with religious things even after I've told them not to. THOSE are the people that make me take offense to religion. Sorry to those Christians who respect me not believing.

Oh, and btw, what about the ice caps melting and the world getting hotter is fake?? Think about it, the WORLD getting HOTTER. GLOBAL WARMING. Hm?? Any connections??

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:34 am
Sorry. That last post was off-topic.

The actual definition of religion is as follows:
A specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects.

So, technically, yes; athiest is a religion. Whether you think so or not is not my problem. x]

Elastic Yellow

Deppfan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:55 pm
Yuuki Aoyagi

You really need to learn what a scientific theory is. It's not a theory in the traditional sense of the word. It means something that has been tested to the point of being nearly indubitably proven. But, it's not called a "Fact" because not every single bit of the inner workings and mechanisms are understood beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Also, if not for the proliferation of the churches in the middle ages, it is unimaginable what level of scientific progress we could be at today. We could have flying cars, or a cure for everything, if only the church had not destroyed any documentation of research and progress that had been made, but deemed "unholy" or "blasphemous" by the single-minded church leaders who could not stand to be contradicted.

And religion does not lack? The answer for anything is always "Oh, God works in mysterious ways. Trust in God's plan." What the hell does that accomplish? NOTHING!!! It's basically sitting on your a**, waiting for things to get better, instead of taking action.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:51 pm
Removing his sunglasses, Pullo began to speak.

"Oh, god... XP I remeber when I made this thread, when I was young and naive. And really dumb. It still tickles me that it's lasted this long, seeing as it's such as simple-minded thread. And now I feel like a douche because I caused so many people to get into arguments. sweatdrop
@SoA: There are atheist churches? WAT?!?! I really wish I was wearing a helmet, 'cos my mind just got blown and now there's a huge mess to clean up."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He then turned and walked away, hoping he looked really damn cool.

Pullo

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:40 pm
What many of you dont see here is that the proof for Evolutionism is all Disproof the "proof" you make up to explain the fact that all solar system's have comet's you created the (Yet to be discovered anywhere) "Oort cloud" which magically produces comets in a way not possible in the laws of physics. and the moon i mean for heaven's sake the moon is enough evidence to "prove" your timetable wrong because the moon is constantly getting farther away from the earth it would have been touching the earth when it was created. and explain to me this WHY IN HELL IS THE EARTH THE ONLY PLANET TO HAVE TECTONIC PLATES!!!!! the answer is because there needed to be somewhere for all the water to go after the floods and now we have earthquakes as our punishment for sin.

Why do people wonder why the earth is going to hell when people continue to trash God.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:55 pm
Deppfan Teague

You really need to learn what a scientific theory is. It's not a theory in the traditional sense of the word. It means something that has been tested to the point of being nearly indubitably proven. But, it's not called a "Fact" because not every single bit of the inner workings and mechanisms are understood beyond a shadow of a doubt.

There is no such thing as a scientific theory is if you drop soemething from your roof you have proven that when you drop something from your roof it will fall...oops i dropped a helium filled balloon off your roof...it went up...oops looks like your proof is wrong

Deppfan Teague
Also, if not for the proliferation of the churches in the middle ages, it is unimaginable what level of scientific progress we could be at today. We could have flying cars, or a cure for everything, if only the church had not destroyed any documentation of research and progress that had been made, but deemed "unholy" or "blasphemous" by the single-minded church leaders who could not stand to be contradicted.

QUIT TWISTING HISTORY YOU HAVE NO RIGHT!!!
Now that i have that out of my system the Church did not Destroy documents they preserved them in the dark ages and kept them so that maybe someone in the future could find out what they mean, if it wherent for the Church we would be completely screwed over right now, in fact i wouldn't be talking to you i wouldn't have a computer. However you are right in some sense the Church did stall science once they believed that the Earth had to be the center of the universe ((Platomatic system)) because God created it and Humans where the only living beings in the universe, nay they where wrong and the Heliocentric system came into play there are instances like that but at times like those i would tell the church to their face their wrong and walk away worshiping God in my own way. But they did not corrupt every document in fact if you look back most Scientist's where also Christians (say it ain't so Curse!) and they where great Scientist's like Aristotle.

Deppfan Teague
And religion does not lack? The answer for anything is always "Oh, God works in mysterious ways. Trust in God's plan." What the hell does that accomplish? NOTHING!!! It's basically sitting on your a**, waiting for things to get better, instead of taking action.

There is much evidence for Belief in God as is evidence for belief in no God but let me tell you this: A peasant shows up with a gift for the great king Exodus he inspects it and says "Who has made this worthy artwork they deserve a reward" and the peasant says "no one it popped into thin air as a result of a explosion called the little bang the king looks at the peasant and says "Witchcraft Take him away!"

I dont know but witchcraft doesnt make much sense for the worlds creation and even witchcraft has a creator it is the person who casts the spell, but how in the world can a painting let alone this world have no creator it makes no snese  

The_Cursed_Phoenix

Deppfan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:02 pm
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
Deppfan Teague

There is no such thing as a scientific theory is if you drop soemething from your roof you have proven that when you drop something from your roof it will fall...oops i dropped a helium filled balloon off your roof...it went up...oops looks like your proof is wrong

Deppfan Teague

QUIT TWISTING HISTORY YOU HAVE NO RIGHT!!!
Now that i have that out of my system the Church did not Destroy documents they preserved them in the dark ages and kept them so that maybe someone in the future could find out what they mean, if it wherent for the Church we would be completely screwed over right now, in fact i wouldn't be talking to you i wouldn't have a computer. However you are right in some sense the Church did stall science once they believed that the Earth had to be the center of the universe ((Platomatic system)) because God created it and Humans where the only living beings in the universe, nay they where wrong and the Heliocentric system came into play there are instances like that but at times like those i would tell the church to their face their wrong and walk away worshiping God in my own way. But they did not corrupt every document in fact if you look back most Scientist's where also Christians (say it ain't so Curse!) and they where great Scientist's like Aristotle.

Deppfan Teague

There is much evidence for Belief in God as is evidence for belief in no God but let me tell you this: A peasant shows up with a gift for the great king Exodus he inspects it and says "Who has made this worthy artwork they deserve a reward" and the peasant says "no one it popped into thin air as a result of a explosion called the little bang the king looks at the peasant and says "Witchcraft Take him away!"

I dont know but witchcraft doesnt make much sense for the worlds creation and even witchcraft has a creator it is the person who casts the spell, but how in the world can a painting let alone this world have no creator it makes no snese

A painting is not the same. There's no way to compare it. But then, you could walk up to someone and say, "Hey, did you hear that a gigantic spaghetti monster lives up in the sky, and created everything that ever was and ever will be?" You'd be laughed off the face of the earth. Now, replace that spaghetti monster with "an omipitant being" and it's still the same. Rediculous.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:50 pm
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
What many of you dont see here is that the proof for Evolutionism is all Disproof the "proof" you make up to explain the fact that all solar system's have comet's you created the (Yet to be discovered anywhere) "Oort cloud" which magically produces comets in a way not possible in the laws of physics. and the moon i mean for heaven's sake the moon is enough evidence to "prove" your timetable wrong because the moon is constantly getting farther away from the earth it would have been touching the earth when it was created. and explain to me this WHY IN HELL IS THE EARTH THE ONLY PLANET TO HAVE TECTONIC PLATES!!!!! the answer is because there needed to be somewhere for all the water to go after the floods and now we have earthquakes as our punishment for sin.

Why do people wonder why the earth is going to hell when people continue to trash God.

"Barely any of that is true. Thanks for trying, BUT YOU FAIL."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pullo

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:41 pm
@ Pullo: show me some Dis proof that "Proves" me wrong so wfar i'm the only one in this disscussion to bring up cold hard "facts"

@ Deepfang: And yet Christians are still the majority, you treat us like we are the minority we dont matter we are complete morons, truth is there is almost no evidence to support Evolutionism

@ Deepfang: i meant Scientific "Fact" not theory sorry for the typo there  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:23 am
Curse-of-the-Phoenix
@ Pullo: show me some Dis proof that "Proves" me wrong so wfar i'm the only one in this disscussion to bring up cold hard "facts"

@ Deepfang: And yet Christians are still the majority, you treat us like we are the minority we dont matter we are complete morons, truth is there is almost no evidence to support Evolutionism

Deepfang? Try Deppfan. Anyways.... I give up. There's no convincing someone as closed-minded and stubborn as you. If you would just look around you, and take your head out of your a**, you would see the evidence for Evolution every single day. Good luck with your delusion.  

Deppfan

Pullo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:36 pm
Curse-of-the-Phoenix

"But those aren't facts; they aren't true."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff