Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abortion?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Ellie Ink

5,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:25 am
I believe that a woman should be allowed the choice of abortion, but only if the fetus hasn't developed a brain yet. Once it has developed a brain, I consider it a human and not just a potential human. In my book, having an abortion after the brain has developed is considered murder.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:43 pm
Diansw
I used to say NO abortation except in cases of rape then I had a 16 year girl to say to me "Yeah right kill the baby because it's father is a s o b " Made me rethink about it She mad a very good point

Well, most women who are raped don't want an abortion because they think the man who raped them is "an s.o.b." They may choose abortion because they don't want to be pregnant and they didn't put themselves into a situation where they might become pregnant. Maybe they don't want to have the baby of a man who brutally attacked them in the most vile way. Maybe they don't think they could raise the child themselves or stand to put them up for adoption.

There are as many reasons as there are women.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Nazara

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:52 am
Even though I'm a boy I'll put in my two cents.

First of all, MEN HAVE NO VOICE IN THIS DISCUSSION.

What do men know of being pregnant and having a child. They only argue this dilema for media intrest and their own personal intrest.

Secondly, I believe it's a women choice to abort her child or not. Don't push your ideals on others everyone should have free choice without constant pestering of others. And if disallowed women who want to rid themselves of the child will find other means of doing so which may result in the womens death.

And if lifes the issue aren't all pairs who are having sex technically killing their children. Sperm are organisms aren't you killing those potential children? A fetus is a potential child not a child.

I believe that if the women believes that abortion is her best choice then she should do as she pleases.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:11 pm
Me to thoose babies could of been rich  

The Other JayJ

magic_doglover

Distinct Dog

6,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:36 pm
i am for abortion, i guess. i mean, pregnancy is a nine-month ordeal for women. they have to deal with morning sickness, strange food cravings, hormonal chaos, image problems (if the woman happens to be vain about appearance or weight), needing new special clothes, awkwardness of movement, and the horribly long and painful (and sometimes fatal) event that is childbirth. overall, i would think that it would be a stressfull, difficult, and/or unpleasant experience. besides, isn't the world currently in the process of overpopulating the planet with people? at this point, the less people that arre born, the better.

i realize that my opinion is possibly worthless, since i'm a boy and therefore probably can't imagine what it's really like to be pregnant. still, all anyone can ever do is form an opinion based on what they know, what they think they know, and/or what they believe.

((of course, the fact that i generally dislike people from the age of childbirth to about 8 probably has some weight in this belief. babies are kind of ugly, they smell bad, they can't carry on an intelligent conversation, and they require a lot of attention and uninteresting play. annoying little creatures in my opinion. that sounds horribel, so sorry to those that find this view to be... well, horrifying.))  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:27 pm
I am fully against abortion. Why kill a life before it's even born? I was taught that abortion is wrong, and I learned that some women go through something when they have an abortion. I forgot the name, but some women who go through abortion always think the same question: What would have happened if I gave birth to my baby?
If a woman, or a teenage girl just got pregnant and doesn't want the baby, then they should plan to have the baby adopted into a good family. That way, the baby lives and the mother wouldn't have to think what would've happened if she did not have the baby; it's a win-win situation. They could have a closed adoption or open adoption. Good and bad things about a closed adoption: The mother could get on with her life, but she wouldn't know how her baby's doing. Good and bad things about an open adoption: The mother could see her baby and know how they're doing, and I can't think up a bad thing about that.

Long story short-abortion is WRONG!!!!

Lunastar324

Friendly Citizen

5,800 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Ms Jenna_ Lee

3,000 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:01 pm
im against abortion babies should be aloud to be born...however what if you were rapied? do you think your baby should still be born? my answer to that is yes because even if they were not born from love...they still deserve a chance to live...even if its only alittle...yes abortion is wrong but the mother still has the right to decide if the baby lives or not...nothin can really be done about that..  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:54 am
Male replying here, but I'm completely against abortion, unless you're just saving the child from... fatal complications. A baby is a baby is a baby, no matter how young and undeveloped it is. No one should be able to choose whether that baby, that child, lives, or dies.  

zfatal

Toothsome Fairy

Charlie Dodo

4,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:47 pm
Love thy Neighbour

I am opposed to giving fetuses the right to use an unwilling woman as a life support system.
Honour thyself

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:34 pm
I believe that it is the mother's choice to make, not anybody Else's.

However, I do think that the Freedom of Choice act is wrong. If you believe performing an abortion is wrong, then you can refuse. There are plenty of Atheist doctors.  

Groucho and Karl

Fanatical Cultist

FullMetal_Heigai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:00 pm
with me i think they should have the baby, i mean if they dont want it thats fine, but it gives them no right to kill it, if you dont want it thats why we have adoption.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:01 pm
I'm in the middle.

I, personally, would not be able to have an abortion.. I would hate myself for it. I would do all I could to give the fetus a chance at life. I've considered the bad things, like rape, incest, mutation of the child, or if I would die giving birth, but I just wouldn't be able to. I wouldn't be able to kill an innocent being.

As for someone else getting an abortion, it really is a matter of choice. Sure, I may not support it, but it's not my decision. It's the woman's choice on if she is well-equipped for being a mother, if she can give birth and be without harm, if she wants the baby. You can't just say that someone is wrong for getting an abortion without knowing their reasoning.. As long as they're thinking about the well-being of themselves and their potential child, it's right.

And if it's illegal, then women will resort to other methods, like self-performed abortion with coat-hangers... and that can end in death, infection, etc.

All in all, abortion is the woman's choice. And to all Pro-lifers, I get that you don't personally support abortion, but who are you to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body?  

PelicanBlack

Dapper Prophet

Ben Elrich

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:27 am
Abortion is bad because it kills an unborn, but if it is a fourteen year old did it with her boyfriend and then he left it is okay. Abortion is killing but it is the woman's choice not mine, after all I'm just one person, who's listening.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:25 pm
Pro-choice girl here.

She had a choice not to have sex.

"Well, what if she got raped???" you ask.

Children are a blessing and a gift.

"Well, what about all the crap she has to go through while she's pregnant?"

If she got raped, she sure as hell doesn't live in the middle of nowhere. There's these awesome people called friends. Friends are there to get a person through the tough times. Not to mention I'm sure there are plenty of people in the community wherever she is to help her. People are nicer than one may think.

"Well, what about after she has the baby?"

Adoption. People line up on super long waiting lists for little baby-angels to come along.

"Yeah, but what about when baby turns 18 and wants to find mommy? That could get ugly."

What about when baby should have turned eighteen and mommy realizes maybe baby would have had a good family? Or, what if baby had a good strong family who told baby all about what had happened with mommy?

"But what about if baby finds mommy and asks mommy what happened? That's going to bring up some seriously painful memories."

And then baby will be there to say, "It's okay, mommy. You let me live. I love you, mommy."

"But--"

Seriously? Any more questions and I'm going to stretch this page to the moon!

PM me if you've got another question, and I'll answer it ASAP.  

Andirigible

CresentMoon14

Angelic Bear

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:45 am
I'm for abortion, although I believe its the inderviduals choice.

If you don't want the baby, don't have it.
When you want it, have it.

No matter what the conditions and 'what if's' and everything.

And I hate the adoption idea (personally), I'd feel horrible about it, and what the kid would go through never knowing her mother, feelings of lonilness and abandonment by the one that gave birth to them and I know this isn't always the case. I've met adopted people and they're fine and happy.

Things arn't so straight forward and can't be answer with a simple yes or no these days and answering a question with another question is not an answer. Hate it when people do that just to make people feel guilty, unless the question is just trying to make you think of possible salutions and all.

I would have an abortion if I didn't want the baby.

But it's always the persons choice.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces