Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you live by a Quote?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Heart of Madness

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:30 pm
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
- Samuel L. Jackson, Pulp Fiction  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:31 pm
"Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he eats for a year. Give a man a fish and then kick him in the balls and take the fish and he learns not to trust strangers."  

Tichelle

5,500 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Schon Foust

3,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:52 am
if someone criticizes you live so that that isn't true.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:50 pm
I live by 3 quotes.

"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence."

"Live life to the fullest, worship none, practice what you wish, and do as you please. Live for yourself and die for yourself, cause in the end it is each man for their own."

"People are like flowers. They are delicate, and die easily. But the flower dies in having lived, unlike the diamond. A diamond is beautiful and lasts forever, but because it does not live, therefore cannot die."  

Una_Suicide

Dr1gon

8,250 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:47 am
Don't let the success of others depress you.
OR
Don't let the success of others depress you. Keep the gun loaded.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:39 am
"War does not determine who is right, but who is left"
-Bertrand Russell

"Blood will have Blood"
-MacBeth

" The first man to compare the cheeks of a young woman to a rose was obviously a poet; the first to repeat it was possibly an idiot."
-Salvador Dali

(Ha, I'm an idiot razz )  

MindxHunter

MindxHunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:44 am
Master Azrael Reaper
The only true knowledge is knowing that you know nothing" - Socrates

"an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Ghandi

"Nobody knows the age of the human race, but we agree that it is old enough to know better" - unknown

"if you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning." - Catherine Aird

"Equal rights are not special rights" - unknown

"Life is full of secrets and lies, so when you get screwed over, don't act surprised" - unknown

"God may not always come when you want him, but he's always on time" - unknown

"Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." ~ Will Smith

"90% of being smart is knowing what you're dumb at."

I enjoy this.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:59 am
(my senior quote!!)
"to stop the flow of music would be like the stopping of time itself, incredible and inconceivable" ~Aaron Copland

"The truth hurts.......Does it hurt yet?" ~(my friend) Bonnie Wang

and something my Biotech teacher says all the time:
"Eat crap and die" ~Mr. Lewis  

une_pomme_verte

Silence314

Caring Firestarter

13,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:41 am
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." ~Albert Einstein

"It is not out of pride that I do not surrender. I do not surrender therefore I am proud."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:51 pm
"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

"It's hard to lead a cavalry if you think you look funny on a horse." Adlai Stevenson

"It's hard to beat someone who never gives up." Babe Ruth

"Little by little, one walks far." Peruvian proverb.

"To be trusted is a far greater compliment than being loved." George MacDonald

"The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time." Abraham Lincoln

"It is not only what we do, but also what we do not do, for which we are accountable." Jean-Baptiste Poquelin (Moliere)

"I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom." Thomas Carlyle

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life." Muhammed Ali

"We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope." Martin Luther King, Jr.

And finally, my personal favorite...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill  

sabaku_no_rebecca

5,200 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250

Rsnbl Faith

Hilarious Defender

6,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:41 pm
"God whispers in our pleasures, speaks in our prayers, and screams in our pains, its His microphone to rouse a deaf world"- C.S. Lewis, Problem with Pain

"Man is not a creature that makes tools, but a creature that makes Dogmas"- G.K. Chesterton

"Agnostic is just the Greek word from the Latin word meaning ignorant"-G.K. Chesterton

"Men are often times more complicated than our presuppositions of them"-Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Idiot.

The last one isn't an exact quote, but its close. Haven't read The Idiot in such a long time. OH and another funny one:

"Marriage is a four armed, four legged, two headed beast with one will, hers"-G.K. Chesterton

Then the ones in my sig. = P  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:10 pm
"it is not having been inside the dark house, but having left it that matters." Teddy Roosevelt, cited in a great murder mystery, The Alienist, set in 1890 NYC.

"Hit it where they ain't"- Yogi Berra  

beaulolais

Lord Redtail Rathan

Invisible Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:21 pm
If it has a * next to it, it's from a character in one of my books...

"The greatest weakness of any power is the power itself." - Dr. D. (If you can tell me who Dr. D is, you win the internet.)

*"Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity..." - Lord Redtail Rathan, Archmage of the Council Arcanum.

*"I am the righteous shield of the Light, and I fear no evil. I have pledged my prowess to something greater than myself. I smite enemies with divine authority, bolster the courage of nearby companions, and radiate as if a beacon of inextinguishable hope." - Grand Marshal Celise Marcella Allenar, High Commander of the order of the Silver Shield

*"If we lose sight of our humanity, we may never again regain it." - Admiral of the Center, Prince Nocam Davis, the Godslayer.

*"La séparation est tant de douleur douce. Mais elle la vaut pour la réunion." - Peter Ryan, CIA.

*"The strongest warrior in the world is the one who can win a fight without ever drawing his weapon." - Edon "Savageaxe" Jhonsson, Viking Hersir

*"He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious." - Liang Shao

*"If you see me, it's already too late." - Shadow Allenar, Assassin Second Class.

*"Music may soothe the savage beast, but can also incite him into an endless rage." - Arae Smith.

*"Don't make me go all kitty on you!" - Lexxy Mae Ryan

*"I will tear your flesh and scatter your soul to the nether!" - Shadowrane, the Soulflayer

*"Courage, Honor, Virtue." - Motto of the Se-combeian Empire

"Now I shall write him such a letter that he will die." - Zhuge Liang

Honda Tadakatsu: I will destroy everything you throw at me.
Takeda Shingen: What about kittens, Tadakatsu? If I threw those at you, would you kill them as well?

..."Have your people contact my people, maybe we can stab at each other over tea!" - Takeda Shingen

"I won't lose! Of course, the enemy is probably thinking the same thing." - Toyotomi Hideyoshi

"Ah, this is obviously some strange usage of the word 'safe' that I wasn't previously aware of." - Arthur Dent

"Resistance is futile." - The Borg

"What weapon do I require? For behold, I am the Lion... I am the weapon." - Quantar pilots

"Oops." - Commander Shannon Foraker, after single-handedly destroying two State Security superdreadnought squadrons with a computer program

*"Heal this." - Nocam Davis

"You may all go to Hell, I shall go to Texas." - David Crockett

"There's nothing to writing. You just sit down at a typewriter and bleed." - Ernest Hemingway

"A Hero is a scared man that don't walk away." - Keni Thomas

"Imagine a world in which every single person on the planet is given free access to the sum of all human knowledge." - Jimmy Wales, Founder of Wikipedia

“I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.” - Albert Einstein

"If you're going to hunt Soldiers, you should remember that we travel in packs." - Me

"Life is never perfect, and love is never what you want it to be. I don't know where we will end up, but I do know that we share a love. As we enter this new phase in our relationship, I feel a chance to begin again. Everyone knows how pearls are made, sand in an oysters mouth... Well our love has encountered and will continue to encounter "sand" and other trouble... But as we work the best we can, we can make our own pearls. Someday when we are old and grey, we both will stand hand in hand on a beach of pearls and watch the waves come in, and know that our love has conquered all that has attempted to shatter it, and together we will be victorious." - Jerry Grant Blakeney

"People spend two weeks of their life kissing" - Snapple Bottle

"I love you." - Cristina (My wife)  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:15 am
"The only true knowledge is knowing that you know nothing" - Socrates

"an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind" - Ghandi

if you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning. - Catherine Aird

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive.

Equal rights are not special rights.

"Life is full of secrets and lies, so when you get screwed over, don't act surprised" - unknown

"God may not always come when you want him, but he's always on time"

"Going to church doesnt make you a christian, any more than standing in a garage makes you a car."

If you're in a bad situation, don't worry it'll change. If you're in a good situation, don't worry it'll change.

he who expects no gratitude shall never be disappointed  

Master Azrael Reaper

Nikonope

Otherworldly Bunny

14,900 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:48 pm

There are so many quotes to live by or to take inspiration from out there that it's unlikely truly to live by just one, or to pick one, or to not live by one even if unknowingly, because at some point someone's already said it and it's out there already.

If I had to pick one, I suppose it would be this:
"...If I am to have faults, I would rather they be my own." - Vi Hart 'Doodling in Math Class: Connecting Dots" video.

I could spew John Green, Shakespeare, Socrates, Ghandi, the Holy Bible, the Quaran, or any number of characters from any number of books or any philosopher or social rights activist, but I honestly love Vi Hart.

She takes what seems to be boring math, and turns it into art and stories and jokes. She puts a light on something as seen as hard and difficult and makes it easy. She even throws in a life lesson or two and some snarky sarcasm as well, and I think that's totally awesome.

I honestly quote music far better than I can quote words. I am not a writer, I am an editor. I am a musician, a cellist. I think in Tchaikovsky, Bernofsky, Brahms, Newbold and a large number of better and lesser known composers, but normally in general octaves, or just noise, really.

I really wish I could quote music to you guys, because music has throughout the world been able to move people without a single word being spoken.

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff