Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:45 am
Mama Ame
Are the stories in The Bane Chronicles good? Worth buying the collection?

I'm regretting not reading A Clockwork Princess prior to starting The City of Heavenly Fire. Magnus has referenced Tessa a few times and I have absolutely no idea what happened because I haven't finished the series and now I'm annoyed.

So that means I won't be starting the next Game of Thrones until I finish Clockwork Princess. XD

Also I have The Princess Bride but I've never read it.

Oh yes! The Bane Chronicles will definitely be worth its money worth. Plenty of Magnus in it as well as allowing you to learn more about other characters you've previously met in both The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices, like Ragnor Fell and Tessa Gray.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:51 pm
Nice  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:08 pm
Finished City of Heavenly Fire  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:01 am
And Clockwork Princess.

All my love for Jem  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:11 pm
I have mixed feelings for The Selection trilogy. The main character America is kind of annoying. I like the fact that she doesn't bow to the king and knows what a tyrant he is. But she goes back and forth between Maxon and Aspen so often it makes me head spin.

"I love Aspen forever!"

"No Maxon!"

"Wait Maxon you made me mad I don't love you!"

"Aspen!"

"Maxon!"

Gahhhh ><  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:13 am
Mama Ame
I have mixed feelings for The Selection trilogy. The main character America is kind of annoying. I like the fact that she doesn't bow to the king and knows what a tyrant he is. But she goes back and forth between Maxon and Aspen so often it makes me head spin.

"I love Aspen forever!"

"No Maxon!"

"Aspen!"

"Maxon!"

Gahhhh ><

Sounds like the perfect storyline for a CW drama show. At least what a majority of the recent CW shows end up coming off as - a character finding themselves in a love triangle with two interests and keeps going back and forth between the two whenever something happens ((i.e. Vampire Diaries - Elena, Stefan, and Damon; The Originals - Haley, Klaus, and Elijah; Reign - Mary, Francis, and Bash)).

Probably the only CW show that doesn't follow that "cookie cutter" storyline is Supernatural. THANK GOODNESS!  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:55 pm
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame

"I love Aspen forever!"

"No Maxon!"

"Aspen!"

"Maxon!"

Gahhhh ><

Sounds like the perfect storyline for a CW drama show. At least what a majority of the recent CW shows end up coming off as - a character finding themselves in a love triangle with two interests and keeps going back and forth between the two whenever something happens ((i.e. Vampire Diaries - Elena, Stefan, and Damon; The Originals - Haley, Klaus, and Elijah; Reign - Mary, Francis, and Bash)).

Probably the only CW show that doesn't follow that "cookie cutter" storyline is Supernatural. THANK GOODNESS!

I actually think it would be a REALLY good CW show. Or ABC Family. I did enjoy it. But I love stuff like this. Haha. Cheesy YA fiction and tv shows are my guilty pleasure.

One of my favorite characters ended up dying sadly. Ugh.

Now to read The Divergent Trilogy before I start up GoT again. I want to get all my quick reads out of the way first.

Then I have until October before the final Heroes of Olympus comes out. I HOPE it doesn't take me that long to read the last three GoT but you never know.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:57 pm
Mama Ame
Prof. Moonie
Mama Ame

"I love Aspen forever!"

"No Maxon!"

"Aspen!"

"Maxon!"

Gahhhh ><

I actually think it would be a REALLY good CW show. Or ABC Family. I did enjoy it. But I love stuff like this. Haha. Cheesy YA fiction and tv shows are my guilty pleasure.

One of my favorite characters ended up dying sadly. Ugh.

Now to read The Divergent Trilogy before I start up GoT again. I want to get all my quick reads out of the way first.

Then I have until October before the final Heroes of Olympus comes out. I HOPE it doesn't take me that long to read the last three GoT but you never know.

I apparently enjoy that sort of thing as well since I watch 4 CW shows currently and have watched other CW shows in the past when they were still airing. xd And I tend to read a lot of YA fiction as well, lol.

I still need to read the other two books of the Divergent Trilogy myself... and the rest of the GoT books.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:58 pm
I need to start making myself read at least an hour a day. I'm falling behind. I've been going to bed super early though.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:07 am
Mama Ame
I need to start making myself read at least an hour a day. I'm falling behind. I've been going to bed super early though.

If I haven't found time to read during the day, I usually read an hour before officially settling in for bed. It may not be much time but at least it's something to help me get through a book. 3nodding  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:43 am
I'm going to start reading at night when Olivia and Alex watch the goodnight show. Lately I've just been kind of staring off into space or even watching the toddler shows...LOL

Divergent is good. I'm trying to decide which faction I would be in. Probably Amity.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:44 pm
Mama Ame
I'm going to start reading at night when Olivia and Alex watch the goodnight show. Lately I've just been kind of staring off into space or even watching the toddler shows...LOL

Divergent is good. I'm trying to decide which faction I would be in. Probably Amity.

I could easily fit into Erudite or Amity.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:00 pm
Erudite would probably be my second choice

Amity, Erudite, Candor, Abnegation and then Dauntless. Though I would absolutely hate both Dauntless and Abnegation. I would totally fail the Dauntless initiative and probably end up dead on day one. And I'm way to selfish to be Abnegation.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:03 am
Mama Ame
Erudite would probably be my second choice

Amity, Erudite, Candor, Abnegation and then Dauntless. Though I would absolutely hate both Dauntless and Abnegation. I would totally fail the Dauntless initiative and probably end up dead on day one. And I'm way to selfish to be Abnegation.

For me, it'll probably be: Erudite, Amity, Abnegation, Dauntless, and Candor.

The part I probably would have some hesitation with for Dauntless is jumping off from the roof into the unknown darkness below. Though I have a feeling I would be like Beatrice - ending up being the first person to go because everyone else is hesitating for a second too long. Just based on some personal experiences in group activities and someone has the ability to volunteer to do something first. whee  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:05 pm
Divergent is done