Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Do the words "I love you" Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ladyshari

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:25 am
I agree it depends on how its used, sincerity.. Lets face it theres differently types of love.. It should to be heartfelt .. cherished... I dont say those words unless I mean them  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:41 pm
i love u is a wierd sayin it dosent mean s**t  

Tayuya T

Lolly_Pop_Lily

Rainbow Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:00 am
I love you is just three simple words that can mean a lot. To me these words have no meaning unless from a parent. If someone truly "loved" me they would do something to show it, not just say it. I love my cat but I'm not going to make love to it. So no the phrase I love you has no meaning to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:58 pm
Depends on how it is said and who says it..  

btrfly7

Shenyu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:49 am
Actually I have a strange relation to that words. I am already married even if I am young and I really FEEL the love for my husband, but I did not tell him those words because they make me feel like playing a movie scene and this relationship is for real and not for a camera.

So I think "I love you" is a sentence I would use wisely if I used it anyway. Maybe I will say it to my children if it feels less like a movie.
In the end I think the important thing is not what you say, but what you feel and what you act like.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:11 pm
There have been many times where I've said it, didn't mean it, didn't realize what I was saying, or just wasn't paying attention...

But now that I've been in a relationship that I feel is really SOMETHING...something meaningful...well...feeling. D:
I feel now I know what it means.

But dear GOD I sound retarded saying this, no?  

kairi_angel

A Devilish Hell Angel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:46 pm
I don't say the word "I love you" that much. I ALWAYS mean it when I say it. And, there really aren't much people that I should say that to around.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:28 pm
Those words still mean a lot to me, since no one has ever said it to me.

Personally, I never use it. It feels weird to me when I say it, because I am not the type that reveals her feelings easily. The words "I love you" contain so much meaning to me that I don't use it at all [unless the proper circumstances arise when I will HAVE to use it.]

This is how I feel.

:]

-CV  

sapphiredream91

PelicanBlack

Dapper Prophet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:17 pm
The words "I love you" are overused. People just say it all the time, like an empty phrase.. I don't know if there a lot of people left in the world who really do mean them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:03 pm
I DO NOT say it unless I mean it.

I've had it said to me by someone who didn't mean it. Never ever do I wish to go through that again. x.x

There are many people I love, and I say it freely to them, because they are important to me. :3

Kisai Ehrlange

Hilarious Gekko

5,725 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

Half_Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:38 pm
Linken_Bogard
That is sad. The words "I love you" should mean so much to people, but they don't anymore. It's like there is no "real" love anymore. Everyone is being as used as the words that are said.

Sadly this is true, I learned that the hard way with my ex. I use this word a bit more sparingly than most; this is either good or bad. I can't decide which these days... Not sure of anything anymore.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:45 pm
kairi_angel
There have been many times where I've said it, didn't mean it, didn't realize what I was saying, or just wasn't paying attention...

But now that I've been in a relationship that I feel is really SOMETHING...something meaningful...well...feeling. D:
I feel now I know what it means.

But dear GOD I sound retarded saying this, no?

No you don't sound retarded, i felt the same way until I found that the feeling can't be real.  

Half_Monkey

rin08

Demonic Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:00 pm
Those words mean a lot to me so when someone says it to me it hurts cause I know they don't mean it. When certain people say it, I'm happy yet uncomfortable since I don''t really know what love is....I rarely tell people that I love them because I want to make sure I mean it when I say it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:32 am
Hmmm, the words "I love you".... They actually have a strong significance in my life. Whenever I'm in a relationship, I don't say those words until I feel the guy can be trusted, for fear of being heartbroken. Of course, it usually happens anyway.
However, right now I'm in a relationship with a guy who I feel truly cares about me. Whenever he tells me he loves me, my breath always gets taken away because I feel he means it. And whenever I tell him I love him, he always gets this smile on his face that doesn't go away for awhile. Although, the only part that sucks is that he lives about 600 miles away from me in a different state.
Nonetheless, I also agree that 'I love you' is an overused phrase by people who don't really mean it. But it still has a big significance in my life.
So yeah... sorry for wasting your time with my story sweatdrop  

Dark Warrior Kotone

desy1156

Invisible Raider

4,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:00 am
I've heard people say those words to their special someone so many times that it gives the sentence less value. It's sad to know that people treat that expression just like some usual thing. I guess that's just because they think that feeling could just be replaced anytime.

"I love you" means a lot to me. That's why I don't say it all the time. Yeah yeah, I know. Some say that you should say it whenever you can, but in my opinion, that just makes it easier for those words to be taken advantage of and be overlooked. It's kinda like the whole supply and demand thing.

When I do say it though, I mean it. That makes the moment more special to me, and I'm sure that the person hearing it appreciates the message as well. 3nodding  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff