Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Moonie's Ramblings Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 815 816 817 818 819 820 ... 2604 2605 2606 2607 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:01 pm
3> If you could change one major thing about your life, whether a relationship, your job, your living situation, your school, etc., what would it be? Are you currently working toward a serious life transition?

Probably the major thing that I care about right now is having the money to attend school. I'll be graduating in May with my Bachelors degree and... well... I haven't really thought much about what I want to do next. I would like to continue on with my education to earn my Masters in Creative Writing. So having money to do that would be nice. Also, having a job would be a major thing for me too. *shrugs* Probably the major serious life transition for me will be figuring out what I'm doing with my life after getting my Bachelors. In the past I've always had an idea of what I wanted to do next... this time around... not so much. It's sort of up in the air. *sighs*  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:03 pm
4> If you could go back in time to another decade, which decade would you choose and why? Would you want to return or stay there? What if you could bring one other person with you?

Hmm... I think right now I would go with the Victorian era. I've always been fascinated with that time period, both with the culture, literature and fashion. Although I probably enjoy the experience, I probably would want to return to my home time.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:07 pm
5> Have you ever participated in a seance? If not, would you consider it? What spirit would you summon and what question would you ask them? Do you believe we can get messages from the dead?

No, I haven't. If the opportunity presented itself to me, then I might try it out. If I was to talk with someone I would want to talk with my ancestor Thomas John Watson. Not sure if you can talk to someone whose been gone for that long... but he's the only person I can think of whose past away that I would want to know more things about. I would want to learn more about who he was, where he came from and why he came from America. - mostly to clear up most of the stories and help out the rest of my Watson ancestors determine where their ancestry comes from.

I don't really have a definite opinion on whether we can communicate with the dead or not. It's sort of a neat idea, I think... but I don't know. I guess my opinion on the matter would change if I had a genuine interaction with spirits.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:09 pm
6> Do you think your moods are controlled by your brain chemistry or that your brain chemistry dictates your moods? Do you believe people are born with particular emotional temperaments or that they are primarily shaped by environmental factors?

There's many things that contribute to what your moods are. I don't think anyone can genuinely say that only one aspect contributes to one's mood changes.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:12 pm
7> Which character from any film, television show, or book would you most like to take on a date and why?

Hmm... well, the first character that came to mind was Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel. I loved the character since I first saw him and although he likes to portray the whole "big, bad boy" appearance, underneath he truly is a sweetheart. I think he's a guy that I would genuinely would like in real life... *shrugs* I guess I already liked and dated someone like that. But yeah... I think Spike deserves to go on a date with someone who actually cares for him. To Hell(mouth) with unrequited love! The two of us unrequited love victims can unite. emotion_yatta  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:14 pm
8> If a friend or relative makes a racist or homophobic remark, do you tend to confront them or let it slide? Are you more likely to confront them if it offends you directly or someone else who seems reluctant to speak up?

If it's a friend, I usually confront them and ask why they would say that. As for a relative... *sighs*... I'm afraid I'm not as brave to contradict what they said... probably because I'm afraid of how the reveal of my views and opinions about things would affect my relationship with said relatives. I know I shouldn't be afraid of that, but they mean a lot to me... and I would hate to ruin such a good relationship.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:16 pm
9> Do you believe some people are more fortunate than others or do you think people create their own luck? In your opinion, are some people cursed?

I believe in both things. Some people are more fortunate than others due to the lifestyle they are born into and what connections to the outside world they have. However, even if you aren't as lucky as having easy connections to success, a person can create their own luck. Like myself! I have my dreams and I'm having faith in them and making them come true on my own. I may encounter some roadblocks along the way and may have to walk through a tunnel of darkness before finding the light of hope at the end, but I'm staying strong and making my way through it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:18 pm
User Image
I know that Dad wanted to go grocery shopping today... but I don't know when he plans on doing that. I know that he wanted me to get up before noon, so that we could go grocery shopping some time after lunch or whatever. But I don't know if that's still the plan or not. At least I kept my promise of getting up before noon. I woke up at 10 a.m. on my own. Usually I don't wake up until 11 or noon. cat_sweatdrop
User Image  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:20 pm
10> If you’re trying to create something, like a story, a composition, or a design, etc., do you find yourself imagining how others will react to it? Does that impede or enhance the creative process?

Sometimes I do but I try not to let my imaginary audience affect my work too much, especially when I'm in the creating progress. As my Creative Writing: Prose professor taught us, write for yourself in the beginning... and don't worry about the audience until later after you've written and potentially looking for someone to publish it. For me, imagining how the imaginary audience would react don't impede my creative process, since I don't let it dictate what I write about.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:22 pm
11> When you take a class or attend a big meeting, where do you prefer to sit? Up close or way back where you can make a speedy get-away? Can you force yourself to focus even when you’re not interested?

Depends on the class, but generally I sit near the front in a place where I can easily get up and out of the sitting area. I always try to stay focused... but if I start getting bored, I usually doodle on my notes. By doing that I'm multi-tasking, listening to what's being said and staying entertained through my doodles.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:24 pm
12> Have you ever reconnected with long-lost friends over the Internet? Overall, have the relationships you’ve rekindled been more meaningful or superficial? Are there any people you wish you hadn’t run into again online?

I've reconnected with my past friends over the Internet, but it hasn't really changed the level of our friendship that much. Pretty much the only relationships I've strengthened over the Internet is some of my family members who befriended me on Facebook, which is nice since a lot of them live in other cities or states that are quite a ways from where I am.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:26 pm
13> Are you happy at your current job? Do you think there’s such a thing as a dream job? What do you hope to be doing five or ten years from now? Are you working towards that goal?

I am quite happy at my current job and will be sad when my time with the newspaper comes to an end sometime in June.

I do believe there is such a thing as a dream job... and it potentially could transform into one's dream career.

I hope to have published a book within a ten years time. I'm currently working on a novel-length story that I've wanted to write for some time and is something that I would seriously consider publishing when I think it's ready.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:27 pm
14> Do you look forward to returning to work/school on Mondays or do you live for the weekend? What do you enjoy most about weekends? What do you dread most about school and/or work?

I'll be having a night class on Mondays this term. Whether I'll be looking forward to it or not depends on how much I like the class... but I have a feeling I'll enjoy it based on what books we'll be reading and knowing that my friend Melissa has the class with me.

I enjoy being able to relax and do what I want to do on the weekends. It's usually the time that I hang out with "The Gang" too, if we do get-togethers.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:28 pm
15> If you could relive one hour of your life so far, what would you choose and why? Would you do or say anything different? How do you think it would change your life?

I can't think of any hours of my life that I would want to relive.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:29 pm
16> If you broke a mirror, would you worry about bad luck even if you’re not superstitious? Would you walk under a ladder or cross a black cat’s path on a dare? Is there anything you’re superstitious about?

Mirror - no, I wouldn't worry about bad luck. I've walked under quite a few ladders and no major bad luck events have happened to me. If a black cat crossed my path, I would be trying to get the cat to come to me. I'm a cat lover, what do you expect? In the end, I'm not superstitious about anything.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 815 816 817 818 819 820 ... 2604 2605 2606 2607 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games