Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Abortion? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abortion?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Yreduasp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:45 pm
As many have already said abortion should always be up to the individual.

Although I can see where both sides are coming from, I do not agree with them completely.
The way I see it, if you don't believe in abortion and fall pregnant, have the child. If you do and fall pregnant then decide whether or not you want to have a child. The main thing is here not to prosecute others who don't agree with you.

I do not necessarily agree with the whole idea that if you fall pregnant and don't believe in abortion you can just hand the child away to an adoptive service because adoption agencies and child care services already have enough to deal with, they deal with children who have no family and who can't return to their family due to harm. This children usually aren't babies. However someone looking o adopt will look at these troubled teens, tweens and children and then see an adorable little baby. Those children who need a loving home are looked over for the baby that was born only to be given away.

In any case it is up to the individual. I have had a friend who fell pregnant at 14 and I talked her through her options. She had an abortion and has never been better. She didn't want a child at her age, didn't want to go through the stigma of being a pregnant teenager, didn't want to have a child just to give it away, it was her choice and she made it due to her beliefs.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:26 am
I personally think that a woman should have the right to an abortion. I understand that women should not go around having sex and taking the risk of getting pregnant while not in a stable condition to do so, but in some cases I do believe that it would be acceptable to take the life of the child instead of leading it to a life with a mother who is not prepared to take the responsibility of a child. Although women should not be using abortion as a mere birth control, they should have the right to it.

It is also not an intentional thing in every case that a woman may have become pregnant. There are situations where none of it may have been in her control. Becoming pregnant may have been something that was against her will. If a girl at the age of thirteen was raped and it turned out that the man had got her pregnant, there would be nothing she could do about it with out an abortion. There is no way that someone of that young of age would be able to be held responsible for a child when they are one their self. Although there is adoption, or the child could be handed off to someone who was responsible, someone of a young age having to go though the stages of pregnancy would be a terrible thing.

happyatoms

I own Swagger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:43 am
i'm for it, if the baby is a mitake (no offense to anyone), some people just dont want to have a baby. some pople just dont want to carry around a baby for 9 months. it could be for money issues, or they just dont want the evidence for everyone to see. maybe they dont want thier freinds or family to know. if a woman would like to carry someone in them for 9 months and have to change her diet and so many other things, they could just let thier baby be adopted. if a woman doesnt want to do those things, she doesnt have to. so i'm totally for abortion.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:14 am
any type of abortion is murder to an innocent child.

its the woman's fault for getting pregnant.
they do make these funky woman condoms that the woman puts on and if a man tries and rapes her his member gets all cut up.
all in all it could have been avoided
and there is NO reason to KILL the baby.

give it up for adoption

it is purely murder to innocence. that baby did NOTHING wrong to deserve death  

SOM3BODii TOLD M3

HellCatMurasame

2,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:25 am
life is measured in potential, for this reason I can not stand the idea of dystroying a child, a person of limitless potential.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:20 pm
xXSerial ExperimentXx
Firstly, I am HIGHLY against abortion when it was a stupid teenager that didn't think about the consequences of having sex. I know, as teenagers, their hormones are going nuts and some different paths might lead them to early sex but come on! If abortion is used as a form of "birth control" to stop horny teens from having babies I think that's disgusting. Do you kill someone because they are making your life in convenient? No. Then why kill a child because you wanted someone in your pants for an hour??

Rape cases I have more sympathy for. It's horrible that a woman should have to suffer because of what some guy did to her against her will, but I still don't agree with abortion. I know I can't force my belief onto her but I believe in letting the child die. The child isn't responsible for hurting you so why does it need to die.

Now I know there are other situations but I think you get the idea of what I'm trying to say. sweatdrop
I don't believe in killing a child for someone else’s mistake.

What I think we should be doing is trying to figure out a way to let the mother and baby live safe and happy lives, rather then argue about which one should be sacrificed for the other.
biggrin

I agree. Abortion in any case if just as bad as murdering an innocent child. If the woman can't take care of the child then she should at least give the baby up for adoption  

RiziN-ergeez

Vakna

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:20 pm
I'm not pro-choice or pro-life, I'm pro-abortion. Drug addicts, alcoholics, and stupid people shouldn't be able to procreate. Even if they have decent jobs. I don't care, I don't want any deformed/retarded people wandering about. But... this isn't the point of the topic.

How would you feel if your mom accidentally got pregnant and couldn't get an abortion, even though she wanted to? You're her punishment.

How would you feel about being a rape-baby. Your sire raped your mother.

I could go on. Think about how you would feel about being her punishment and possibly ruining your mother's life (Or, lower it's quality if you think I'm being dramatic) before you say every baby should be born.

Also, over population. Bam!  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:25 pm
SOM3BODii TOLD M3
any type of abortion is murder to an innocent child.

its the woman's fault for getting pregnant.
they do make these funky woman condoms that the woman puts on and if a man tries and rapes her his member gets all cut up.
all in all it could have been avoided
and there is NO reason to KILL the baby.

give it up for adoption

it is purely murder to innocence. that baby did NOTHING wrong to deserve death

Haha, the fetus did nothing to deserve to live either.

And adoption? Really? That would suck. Especially if you were black or hispanic. You'd be in there foreeever. (And if you want it to live, why don't you take care of it, since you obviously care so much. Why don't you pay for the estimated 200k+ of fully raising a child? At least, I think that was the estimation a while back... either way it's still a whole lot.)

Once again; Overpopulation, BAM!  

Vakna

Dr Swindler

6,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:58 pm
ya that makes perfect sense lets kill ******** babies!!! User Image
IT sounds like raping then shooting your brother/sister pretty much so i hate abortionists  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:47 pm
I believe that abortion should be the choice of the woman. That's it. Pro-choice. It is not for society to dictate. It is the choice of an individual, and it has nothing to do with anyone else.

You have to remember that women aren't just mindlessly getting an abortion because they can, I can guarentee that no woman would be seen boasting about their latest abortion and it's affects on them. It is a horrible decision to have to make - and it's not an easy decision.

I believe that the fact that women are forced into motherhood, when they are not ready for it, isn't right. Imagine how many teenage mothers are kicked out into the streets by parents that aren't willing to understand? How many babies are born but aren't able to be cared for? Sure, you could put it up for adoption, but what kind of life is that? How many suicides do you think there would be?

Imagine this woman is a rape victim? She will forever see her rapist in her child, and that childs wellbeing would suffer as a result. It is nature for the woman to hate that child because it is a constant reminder of what happened to her.

...what if she was raped by her father? or her brother? Hey! What if she's 12 years old and daddy dearest has made her a mother?

What happens to that child when it realizes that it's the product of rape? better yet, incest?

Forcing a women to have a child is not a logical punishment, it's sadistic. It's the woman's fault? So you're condemning her AND her child?

Sure, you're bringing a baby into the world. But what kind of quality of life could it possibly have?

There are so, so many things to take into consideration - because this isn't just as simple as 'yes and no'.

But no matter which way I look at it, no matter how many people pitch their arguement at me. My answer will always be, pro-choice.

grimcake

Anxious Cat

Britainian_Knight

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:15 am
I don't fully understand the point of this, first off people are going to believe whatever the hell pleases them.
Second, regardless of why they got pregnant it isn't necessarily anyone's fault(couple who was dating for years decides to get pregnant, then for whatever reason they split up).
But as for me i believe in freedom, and putting more laws in place on your personal moral grounds is only limiting everyone elses freedoms, so if you believe in helping society it should be in another way. you say that the baby did nothing to deserve this? what about the rest of us? do we deserve less consideration than a unborn child?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:42 am
The only reason why someone should abort a baby is if the female was raped, or has gotten pregnant way to early. Start a family when you are ready to make one.  

xXx_takashi58_xXx

Drajiouxaa

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:57 pm
I believe that only in the most extreme cases should a child not be granted existance, i also believe that from the moment of conception the child is becoming a being. I cannot say I am pro-choice because the child doesnt get one.
As far as adoption and foster homes go, no I havnt heard pleasant things about them, but they discontinue once the person is an adult that can support themselves, and there is still plenty of life to live after that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:33 pm
V believes it is up to the woman in this case, if it's rape I find it perfectly fine to abort the baby since the child could be a constant reminder of the trama, or in the case of teen pregnancies I know a few who love their babies with so much passion I can't help but smile and give whatever I can to help them few dollars here babysitting there I'm glad they were strong enough to raise this child usually alone and some even getting kicked out by their parents for overly tight morals (Ah the irony V criticizing someone else for being too moral ahaha can't breathe oh god rofl ) but if they can't handle raising the baby then I find it fine to abort the baby especially if having the baby will put the girl at risk of dying, yes I know I'm a baby killer I kick puppies and burn down orphanages blah blah blah, but for those who go on sexcapades and just f*** every guy that comes along just because they feel like it maybe it's best they have a child and take care of it and mature a bit (Okay I had an ex exactly like that so I'm a littler bitter you can ignore that last part if you desire) but that's just my opinion I respect everyone elses opinions but I don't accept the baby as a being as soon as the sperm hits an egg and should not be killed if that's the case throw out your Germex because those single celled organisms are beings and so are those flies that you swat, yes I just compared a fetus to a germ and a fly I'm a terrible person I'm sorry but that's just what V believes.

~V  

Nerevar Fatehand

Saelesta

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:27 pm
I think its disgusting and I'm absolutely against abortion; however, I don't think anyone has the right to tell you whether or not you're legally allowed to perform an abortion. The safe, medical way needs to be left open so people won't try to attempt it themselves. Whomever performs an abortion without just medical cause, then I believe they'll answer for that when life is over. Roe v Wade ya'll.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff