Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
What's scarier: Eternal life, or death? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

reiuss23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:52 pm
behold my almighty opinion i've disputed with many people over this matter and am now happy as ever im in this guild here is my opinion...

I would honestly rather live eternally never dying i could be more intelligent than all others i could catually say im better than u all without just being conceited but being correct! with so much time.......ahhh...... makes me happy just thinking of the endless possiblities and not having to worry if ur going to burn in hell for your sins...or heaven for being perfect...or having all religions be wrong and there would be nothing it would be the complete end...that would be unimaginably terrible to have everything end...its so terrible i cant even imagine it......i would be able to witness all things even firther than earth ending i could explore for eternity until the big rip.....when time ends......o well....... yes as u can see id much rather live eternally  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:32 am
I really don't know. You will have to see loved ones die and face the boredom of the world after you've been alive for a billion years, but you also get to see move things developing and the changes the world goes through. Death is almost as equally scary as it means the end, but I still don't want to live forever.

I'd rather just die when I die and just stay the same. =]  

So Sinister

Guardian1239

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:20 pm
If we can't die, then what's the point of doing anything? Nothing will matter because it won't have any effect on society. Right now, we're trying to find a way to live forever and preserve our species. If we live forever, we won't need the space program, medicine, or even money because we wouldn't need food. Life would become pointless.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:59 am
Obviously, eternal life wud be a living hell. I say this coz life is full of very difficult and mind-blowing obstacles and very painful and heartbreaking events. And also, as we all know, good things dont last, so therefore there is no pleasure in life. I believe that the reward of our hardship on this living hell that we call earth, is eternal rest or death in the heavens that we call the Kingdom of God (yes im catholic).  

AsphaltGoo

Sirsuperman0

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:59 pm
Eternal life, would be more scary because your life never ends and you can never die.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:26 pm
some aspects of both are Terrifying like with eternal life you will out live all your loved ones and will have to see them all one time before they die. but with death you could die at the hand of another or of natural causes before the avrage age. both are scary but most people think it would be better to have eternal life.  

Insane King Wasabi

Invisible Lunatic

6,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Enciser

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:54 am
Eternal life would be sad if u were the only one that had it because you'd have to see you loved ones die but if everyone had it, it would be alright

death isn't that scary seeing without death the earth would be over populated and eventually would wipe out all other living creatures and then we would have no privacy for going to the loo or changing clothes seeing as we could hardly move.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:55 am
Sirsuperman0
Eternal life, would be more scary because your life never ends and you can never die.

that depends if you can die at the hands of another or not  

Enciser

magic_doglover

Distinct Dog

6,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:28 pm
eternal life, hands down. if you lived forever, then all of the people and things that you cared for would eventually cease to exist. it would be a neverending sequence of heartbreaks. besides that, if you lived forever, you would soon become familiar with everything. eventually, nothing would surprise you, nothing would interest you. you would fall victim to ultimate boredom, and even apathy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:57 pm
I think both are equally frighting, probably because they both represent eternity, eternally alive or eternally dead. As humans we cant even grasp such a thing as forever. Everything we've known and experienced has had a begining and an end. to think of something going on and on forever, no edges, no walls, no sudden stops just boggles the mind.  

redhed71487

falling_to_fly

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:58 pm
I think that Eternal life is scary because it would mean that you would have to live through all sorts of disasters and maybe even the end of the world, and all sorts of stuff because of global warming. You would have to watch your family and friends and even your children die, and it would be hard to make friends if you know that they will die and you won't. Dying is easier to handle, and I'm not too scared of it (so long as it doesn't happen TOO soon!) rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:39 am
I would say death is scarier, I would prefer eternal life.

Eternal life would give opportunities to really make a difference. not necessarily to leave a legacy really, but to maybe discover the true cure for cancer, to stop ozone depletion, and perhaps save the human race, without anyone ever really knowing who you were or what you were doing. You could understand infinity more utterly and completely, and help countless people. That would be enough reason for me to choose eternal life.

death is just the ending of life, and the ending of an era really. it is just a finality of the moment when you can change things in a first hand way.  

nightwing773

Miakou

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:31 pm
But, you already know you're going to die. That's one of the two absolutes of life.

Knowing that one day, you will die, isn't that bad. Seven billion people make it all right, knowing that they're going to die one day, obviously, the concept of mortality is one that you can abide by. In fact, mortality is what drives humans.

Having in one's mind a concept that a person will, one day, cease to be, is the driving force behind all innovation. The will to make things happen, work, and come into being faster is what has caused all modern inventions.

However, the concept of eternity, is one humans aren't capable of grasping. Think about it, how often do you say "Jeez time's moving slow today!"? Often. We don't even have a working concept of time.

Imagine knowing that you will never cease to be. Imagine knowing that you will always be around, no matter what happens around you.

Would you honestly want that? Can you honestly say that you'd prefer to always be around?

Will you get bored? Imagine, centuries down the road, having done everything there is to do, experienced all there is to experience, and now, you're bored.

You've got eternity, to figure something out to do.

But you've done everything there is.

Have fun scratching that itch.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:01 am
aye! i rather die cause living and eternity is gona get lonley at a point and id rather die because that way i wont have to feel pain and my soul might reach paradise or be damned here forever  

Nekobemon

3,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Voter 0

Sephaira

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:44 pm
If we all have eternal life, then the world wouldn't have enough land for us to thrive on. In about 10 billion years, the world will be sucked into a black hole made by a supernova sun, meaning that we would still be alive during that process. Death, probably feels like nothing. Which one's scarier? Your pick.  
"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff