ever happen to you?
  yes
  no
View Results

Goth_chi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:38 pm
2-blue_P o P t A r T s-
That sounds creepy.

Something pretty much the opposite happens to me.

Before I fall alseep I just lay in bed. Sometimes my family's in the kitchen with the light on, when they aren't there usually all the lights are off. If I'm facing the wall, at firs it sseems like it grey(it's really white though^^). After a while, it keeps getting darker, and darker, like something's swallowing up the light in my room. I turn away and cover myself more, then I get hot and under cover myself, then it all repeats.
It seriously creeps me out.

I notice that the longer i'm in my room with the light off it seems to get darker, but i think it's your eyes adjusting or something... It's actually darker than if i close my eyes. If it bothers you close your eyes and pretend your in a movie theater and make up your own movie to keep you distracted or sing a song (i'll sing 'yes Jesus loves me' when i get freaked out by strange shadows and it calms me down)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:44 pm
yeah i found out about the sleep paralisis thing from my intro to psych class.

For some reason i'll have nightmates with Chuckie in them and after a while he'll stab me in the back and i cant breath. I'll suddenly wake up and feel a sharp pain where i was 'stabbed' and a pressure on my chest, i feel like i cant breath (actually i'm breathing lightly because your breathing slows in your sleep. it's slower than normal so it feels like you arent), i cant move and i cant open my eyes. but after i calm down a little i'll slowly start to breath (bring up my breathing rate) and i'll be fine aside from a phantom pain.  

Goth_chi

Anabethe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:15 pm
Goth_chi
yeah i found out about the sleep paralisis thing from my intro to psych class.

For some reason i'll have nightmates with Chuckie in them and after a while he'll stab me in the back and i cant breath. I'll suddenly wake up and feel a sharp pain where i was 'stabbed' and a pressure on my chest, i feel like i cant breath (actually i'm breathing lightly because your breathing slows in your sleep. it's slower than normal so it feels like you arent), i cant move and i cant open my eyes. but after i calm down a little i'll slowly start to breath (bring up my breathing rate) and i'll be fine aside from a phantom pain.

woww.... if i had that dream i swear i wouldnt be home alone for like one second and i wouldnt fall asleep till i actually collapse from the lack of sleep...im terrified of chuckie and dolls. my mom brought a dora the explorer doll to my house for my niece and i swear it gives me evil looks, so i locked it in the closet..hopefully its just my imagination. but luckily i havent had a sleep paralysis dream in a long time.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:50 pm
Your body has created a cure for sleepwalking . . . how interesting.

As for the scary images, I have a very weird explanation for it. Check out my site, Guardians United, in my signature. Look at the plane hypothesis section and see what you think. It might give you some comfort if you know what might be happening with the images. I would simply say your soul has problems getting back to your body quick enough, but I'd better not argue with science.  

Guardian1239

kyoshiro2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:57 pm
Holy crap... Thats weird... I don't sleep much so it's hard and when I do... Well I sleep for about 18 hours heh heh... I might have had it.. Once I woke up and my chest felt heavy and I tried to left my arm... But it only rose slowly and it was difficult... But it went kinda quick I think... Anyway... Thanks for the info... Now I know when everything seems strange when I wake up... I don't have to worry... ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:34 pm
Kogru
wow. i've woken up with my arms/legs 'asleep' but it goes away quickly.

i've woken up with banchees screaming in my closet, but i screamed back.

i've woken up to bony arms holding me down from the waist... i couldn't move my body...

i've heard someone outside my bedroom door, i open the door (with a weapon in hand) and flung myself backwards because i saw something lung at me... only to see shadows... (that one was creepy as hell. i could literaly see/feel something pounce against me... then nothing...)

but those are just the start ; ;

your sounds creepier though.

you sure your not just married to a really weird girl/guy/what have you?
cause thats what it sounded like to me at first...
lol.
but thats weird.
been plagued by the pretty much same thing since i was 10. but my doc(the quack that he is) just thinks it's a side effect of my meds...
right. like i believe that's the truth...  

xXxToxic_PixixXx

Wolf Berserker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:50 pm
Thats disturbing...
Years ago, I hated my room. Nothin to do with the size or decoration. I just plain all-out hated it. When I entered I felt abnormally cold. When I tried to sleep, I would see something flit past my door, or dark mass in a corner. Even worse was a mirror I had. When I looked in it, I felt that as soon as i looked away the movements would occur. Out of the corner of my eye, it looked like things were moving in it. I tried to escape this by falling asleep fast. Even so, in my dreams, I would be killed or tortured to death 3-4 times a night not waking up until after my execution, and waking up still in physical pain. Occationally, it felt like I could feel blood on my limbs, but I always fell back to sleep instantly. The strange thing was, it always seemed like the same thing trying to kill me in those disjointed dreams. Eventually it took on a disturbing shape that Im not gona even bother describing. Over a course of 2 years, the figure got closer and closer, tormenting me on a nightly basis. (Its almost over, sory for taking so long). THe dream before it ended, it finally had touched me. THe last dream it was in was...terrifying. It happened a year ago before, but I havent forotten it yet. evil

If it sounds like Im makin crap up, then fine, dont believe me. Over time I probably did accidentally build some parts up, but this is as close to how I remember it as possible. mrgreen

WALL OF TEXT OVER!!!! pirate

as to what this has to do with the thread, I honestly have forgotten.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:51 am
hella uncool
I just want to let others know because it was terrifying for me before I knew.

ever wake up and your ears are ringing and you hear things? see shadows looming over you and feel a sense if impending doom? and most importantly, can't move no matter how hard you try?

it's sleep paralysis. why it happens? your body releases some kind of chemical while you sleep to prevent you from physically acting out your dreams. if you wake up while your body still releases it, thats what happens.

for about three months I was getting 8 hours of sleep a week because I had no clue wtf it was and it was terrifying. I'd see thin, bony looking shadows looming over me pushing on my chest and stomach.

but it's not dangerous...just something odd to have.
and if it happens to you, don't try and move your whole arm. wiggle your fingers or move your facial muscles. it helps it go away...it also helps to not open your eyes because the hallucinations ^^;;

check it, better info than I can give 3nodding http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I once thout I heard a voice in my ear when it was day and I swear there was somthing there. My dogs kept looking behind me when nothing appeared.

Chipmint

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces