Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
I'm not sure what to put as the topic....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:48 am
I just found out that the guy I like cuts himself, is there any way to approach him about it w/o being offensive?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:02 pm
Does he know you know about him cutting himself?  

Aubrey of the sliver line

Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:44 pm
Shikkyaku Tenshi
Does he know you know about him cutting himself?

no he doesn't.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:47 pm
Gah...That makes things a lot harder. Um How did you find out?  

Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:08 pm
A mutual friend, his ex-girlfriend and a friend of the ex-girlfriend told me at different times...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:54 pm
never ask. that's it just never ask. never ask til you're in a relationship. or when you wanna get it out. and then help him through his problems. don't go diving in w/ saying " stop cuttting yourself." you'll make himg et pissed at you.  

K1T3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:49 am
Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006
A mutual friend, his ex-girlfriend and a friend of the ex-girlfriend told me at different times...
Ok do you know if he likes you? If yes then tell him that you care about him nd his well being and that it'd make you happy and not have to worry so much about his well being.
Thats what a friend of mine did She also took all my razors staples mirrors and saftey pins....  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:02 pm
Shikkyaku Tenshi
Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006
Ok do you know if he likes you? If yes then tell him that you care about him and his well being and that it'd make you happy and not have to worry so much about his well being.
Thats what a friend of mine did She also took all my razors staples mirrors and saftey pins....

okay thank you for your advice. I know me likes me, so I'll try that.  

Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:26 am
Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006
Shikkyaku Tenshi
Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006
Ok do you know if he likes you? If yes then tell him that you care about him and his well being and that it'd make you happy and not have to worry so much about his well being.

okay thank you for your advice. I know me likes me, so I'll try that.
Glad to be of some help.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:33 am
there really is no easy way to approach a person about this. it's something u sually hide, so if he suddenly knew it was out, he might get scared or a bit angry bcs it was a secret. also, u have to be sure the ppl who are telling u are trust-worthy. i am not questioning the source, u r the one who knows them, so u r the one who knows whether it can be possible. thing is, this is a serious thing, specially if u r going to confront someone about it. so u might want to be completely sure before that. of course, there's also the fact that the only way to know for sure is asking the person. in which case perhaps u can approach him by asking what u could do with a friend u have who cuts. u can tell him that and ask him his opinion, advice, etc. u would not be lying, just not telling him it's he who u r referring to. depending on his answer u can base a theory on whether there's a high chance that indeed he cuts himself, that is if he doesn't tell u. which is actually another big fact. perhaps he hasn't told u bcs he doesn't want u to know. such a thing isnt exactly one to be 'lightly handled and revealed'. so u might wanna keep that in mind when talking to him. u can't exactly expect him to go right open and tell u. i understand u'd be worried, it being a touchy subject more than justifies that it's something to be worried about. but even while u r worried, u have to approach the matter with extreme caution. after u've managed to talk to him about it, help him, support him, be there for him. DO NOT, however, accuse him of doing it. find another wayof bringing it up.

sorry, kinda long, hope it helps 3nodding  

Sotur

DevilsBloodyAngel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:01 pm
Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006
I just found out that the guy I like cuts himself, is there any way to approach him about it w/o being offensive?
Depends... how did you find out?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:03 pm
DevilsBloodyAngel
Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006
Depends... how did you find out?

A mutual friend, his ex-gf and the ex's friend.  

Ms._Fashion_Victim_2006

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff