Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Nightmares, and flashbacks of nightmares

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FriendlyFangirl88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:39 pm
I have nightmares. Bad ones. They usually involve my friends dying/being mutilated in one way or another. It sucks so badly...because it's terrifying. Oh, in the mornings I'll wake up A-O.K., and ready to go...it's in the middle of the day that things to haywire.

I'll have a flashback, and a violent one. I'll just stop, whatever it is I'm doing, and stare...and while I'm still aware of what's arround me...it's like all I can see is that nightmare, playing out in front of me. It's horrable. It dosen't happen terrablly often...but when it does I can't do anything to stop it. It's paralizing...and no one I talk to about it seems to understand, at all.

Help?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:18 pm
I used to have this in a bit less nightmare-like way and more in the hallucinations every aking hour, the best thing that helped me was find something you enjoy doing that's cheerful if it's swimming walking anything do it whenever you think you'll start having the nightmares as long as your body is occupied with something that takes some energy more often than not it'll distract your mind enough so that the nightmares submerge for awhile or it plays out but you aren't aware of it.  

Nerevar Fatehand

FriendlyFangirl88

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:32 pm
See...bizzare thing on that count...the flashbacks/nightmares/halucionations, whatever you want to call them...tend to occur MORE frequently when my body is otherwise occupied...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:42 pm
Odd usually isn't supposed to work like that from my experience, well maybe an extra bit of sleep and maybe relaxation periods could help it since activity tends to promot them.  

Nerevar Fatehand

koliup

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:33 pm
woah that sounds freaky anyway try to watch a little less scary movies and think happy thoughts.

p.s. make sure you do not have the ability to see the future or that could be devastating  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:03 pm
It sounds like your mind is filling up with those horrible thoughts. Perhaps writing a horror story might release some of them. You'll probably feel guilty about writing it, but it will make you feel better.  

Guardian1239

Wolf Berserker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:35 pm
Iv had terrible nightmares and twisted memories haunt me before, and the only relief i got was forcing myself not to even think about it in any way. If you cant forget it, just focus only on the present. If that doesnt work, i occationally had to smack my hand into something solid like bricks or pavement (but I think that has more to do with how ..uh...abnormal I am). Theres probably a better way tho...
Good luck smile  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff