Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
a random thought fresh off the brain presses Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxBeastmastr21xX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:25 am
Minds are just as unique as opinions, since every one is different in some way or another.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:46 pm
XxBeastmastr21xX
Minds are just as unique as opinions, since every one is different in some way or another.

well, opinions come from the mind. everything about your personality comes from your mind. likes and dislikes, tastes, perspectives, opinions... some people like broccoli, some dont.. some like vanilla better than chocolate, some like dark colors better than pastels.. it's all a matter of personal opinion and it all comes from the individuals mind. that alone should advertise the fact that minds are indeed as unique as fingerprints.  

Calypsophia

Kachan36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:37 am
Is it discrimination to give someone special treatment when they need it?

I've worked with kids on the autism spectrum, including some with Asperger Syndrome. I've known kids who may never learn to talk or communicate in any conventional way. Those close to them sometimes learn to interpret what they are trying to convey, but there is no way they could have a conversation with someone on the street, or even order food in a restaurant.

I don't believe that there is anything wrong with them, or that they can't make important contributions to society. I'm only saying that they need more help than most people just to survive. It's only fair that we give it to them.

I don't see that as discrimination, but as a natural extension of a fair and just society.  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff