Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
You may already know the story!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XxXChibiyukiXxX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:09 am
Before I have posted that I was moving away from friends amd everyone else I ever knew. Well I did, and life completely sucks. Those girls, at my new school, they are not real friends they are just accquatences. My parents think that I am so independent and they make me feel so distant. I can't even call my old friends because we are out of distance! I am so tired of coming home to no one and sitting alone watching tv and can't even go in the pool because it has to have green algae floating in it!!! So I feel like sulking away to my mail to pm myself how much I miss my friends. crying

XxXchibiyukiXxX  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:30 pm
XxXChibiyukiXxX
Before I have posted that I was moving away from friends amd everyone else I ever knew. Well I did, and life completely sucks. Those girls, at my new school, they are not real friends they are just accquatences. My parents think that I am so independent and they make me feel so distant. I can't even call my old friends because we are out of distance! I am so tired of coming home to no one and sitting alone watching tv and can't even go in the pool because it has to have green algae floating in it!!! So I feel like sulking away to my mail to pm myself how much I miss my friends. crying

XxXchibiyukiXxX

are you able to talk to your parents? if they knew that you really need them perhaps they'd try to be around for you more if they can? it's going to take you some time to make any 'real' friends in your new neighborhood hon. Starting over is hard and sux, I know. but some of your current acquaintances can grow into true friendships. a true friendship takes time and effort to cultivate. give it time and you may see changes. smile  

Calypsophia

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:58 pm
Sometimes the real people you're looking for after you move are the people you'd never expect to be friends with. The first group of people I almost joined at school was boy crazy a little too peppy...I ended up being more in the otaku and social oddballs that don't fit anywhere else group. On another note- friendships take time too, so maybe the people you're befriending still need alittle time till they seem more real...

But it sounds like you should try talking to your parents about it. Maybe you guys could work on a compromise so you could talk to your old friends still. Maybe an hour a week you could call an old buddy and see what's new and whatnot. My mom let me call a friend of mine that moved really far away, on my cell, when my minutes were piling up but not going anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:57 pm
It's better to move on then to waste your time sulking about the past. I'm not social in real life, so I can't really admit to having felt this absence of friends. I have a lot of school friends, but I only have a few really good friends. It sounds like you're going to have to go through this for a while. It's not so bad. I have a lot of time to think about my ideas and story.  

Guardian1239

Nariko914

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:09 pm
.....acquaintances.** whee Sorry! I'm a spelling nazi!

But in response to your question, I have been through the same thing - two years ago I moved from Massachusetts to Florida. The move was very sudden, and I too lost contact with nearly all my friends, and throughout all of my freshman year in high school I was completely unable to make any new ones.

But in time, I began to open up to new people again and try. You are still healing from the loss of old friendships, so you just need to give yourself time.

After moving to Florida, I met the love of my life, and he is now my fiancee. I used to say all the time that the move was the worst thing that ever happened to me, but I was obviously mistaken! And today, I have actually gotten back in touch with a lot of old friends from up north, and I am now good friends with almost all of them again, depsite the big distance between us all.

Just give yourself time. And when you're ready, spend some time with one of your aquaintances to get to know them better. You might find a friend in the person they really are - not who they appear to be. heart

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:35 am
I try to help, all tho i suck at friendship.
It seems that you feel alone, and the real problem is you sit watching TV, and cry, when you can do other stuff. You can try to volunteer or go to a class in the afternoon, mybe you wont find new friends but this way you want be alone...
I never really felt alone in my life, but i felt an poplar and bizzar, so i can't really understand what you are going throw, in a way. confused  

shani26

Naitomosu

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:37 pm
Sometimes the real people you're looking for after you move are the people you'd never expect to be friends with. The first group of people I almost joined at school was boy crazy a little too peppy...I ended up being more in the otaku and social oddballs that don't fit anywhere else group. On another note- friendships take time too, so maybe the people you're befriending still need alittle time till they seem more real...

But it sounds like you should try talking to your parents about it. Maybe you guys could work on a compromise so you could talk to your old friends still. Maybe an hour a week you could call an old buddy and see what's new and whatnot. My mom let me call a friend of mine that moved really far away, on my cell, when my minutes were piling up but not going anywhere.

AMEN!!! Oddballs happen to be the most wonderful people i know. Preps are WAY too shallow, you'll always feel out of place.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games