Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this appliy to you?
  yes!!!
  no........ ( me: "Think beyond the L7")
View Results

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:15 pm
no, i dont. I'm just saying that we should not be so quick to judge just because of age. maybe not a 5 year old, but teens / preteens have a mind and it is about time we quit ignoring them.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:35 pm
I agree with you on that count. Democracy is a government of the people, but our democracy here in America isn't exactly what it should be. Our leaders don't listen to the young. They don't even listen to the adults, unless they're the other people in power. And five year olds know what they want. I've got a brother who's about that age, and he will tell you what he wants, straight out. But the people in charge have been bent and corrupted so they don't listen to the people. Now it's more a government of the people who have either a lot of money or a lot of fame or both.  

Andromeda Zreng

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:15 pm
thats exactly right.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:23 pm
I think, therefore I'm dangerous.  

Iconoclast Enthusiast

5,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Lalou Rockstar

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:58 am
azrael the reaper
I am Yuu-chan
nah, it doesnt, the fact that you think actually contributes to society, how? very simple my friend, they already expect you to think therefore you have two options think like them or to think that you can make a difference, both paths are prove to lead to the misery of the human being inside the society...

when you dare to think for yourself, instead of just following along with what your society says, you threaten the very fabric of your society's ideals, therefore when you think, you are a threat to society.

The problem with this is that if everyone were to think for themselves to the extent that they were all threats to society then how could we expect society to function? (There's also the issue that you'd no longer be "thinking for yourself" per-se since everyone would doing the same and you, therefore, would then be part of the status quo which is what you so desire not to be a part of.) If you want to get philosophical, we could bring up Kant who stated that freedom was to a point, that is, one should have rational (thinking) freedom but should obey their civic duties (taxes, etc.). His opinions on free rational thought would actually flip your first statement to something like: "I don't think, therefore I am a threat to society" (which is a bit more productive).

And what do you mean by society? Society as in a community of people or as in the dominant cultural/political regime? Because it can be very productive to bring down a negative regime for the greater good of the community, while on the other hand, paying taxes and obeying the law can also be for the greater good of the community by helping it function more smoothly.

Quote:
That is why our society says that to be someone, you NEED a college education, or at least high school. but why? In both places, we are pushed to think a certain way, to believe whatever they tell us. Because it is brainwash, they force it upon you in order to become someone........

Ok, I'll give you that education doesn't mean you're smarter than someone who isn't educated. Really education is only necessary to the point that it will help you get to where you want to be. Education at the lower levels might be a bit more dogmatic but you can't give college/university a bad rap because that's when you're given a broader range of ideas that are meant to become the foundation upon which you can base your own individual opinions and ideas. Education can also introduce new ideas that you wouldn't have come to on your own.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:41 pm
Calypsophia
sometimes I wonder if society itself isnt a threat to the individual.....

I have 2 agree. Society is a threat to itself as people are always trying to change it!  

mara love queen

Charlie Dodo

4,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:32 pm
Love thy Neighbour

I think therefor I am society's only hope.
Honour thyself

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:10 am
i really like that qoute you gave. everyone, even if it's only in the private of a locked, dark room, does something that could be a 'danger' to society. it just depends who you are and what society you are in. society tries to shape you from the moment you enter elementary school, telling you to think one way and do things one way; have manners, sit up straight, don't speak out when others are older and probably right (even if oyu know they aren't). anyone who thinks differently is a 'danger' to society. neutral  

Remagen

Master Azrael Reaper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:23 am
Remagen
i really like that qoute you gave. everyone, even if it's only in the private of a locked, dark room, does something that could be a 'danger' to society. it just depends who you are and what society you are in. society tries to shape you from the moment you enter elementary school, telling you to think one way and do things one way; have manners, sit up straight, don't speak out when others are older and probably right (even if oyu know they aren't). anyone who thinks differently is a 'danger' to society. neutral

exactly  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces