View Results

Kitakinz

Quotable Friend

5,350 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:29 pm
I told my dad I was Les and he said "do ya want me ta have a heart attack?!" But it wasn't cuz I was les just cuz I was and am datin. He told me he'll deal with my sexuality when I turn 18. Till then me and my girl gonna keep it secret. She finds it more kinky so it's all good. My mom on the other, didn't care cuz she is bi. I personally think you should tell yer perental figures when the time is right ya?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:15 pm
Hey there,
So I'm gay, and I'm going to try and give you the best advice I can think of. xD Not sure if it'll help your situation or not. Heck, you might've already gotten all the answers you need by now. So far all I've read is support, but I'll just add on my little piece as well, eh?

I think how your parents feel about homosexuality is a very big part in how you should treat this. If you know for a fact that they're homophobic or if they speak lowly of gays or bis or lesbians or whatever, then you might want to hold off. Do you think it would be better to wait until you're out of the house before you tell them (unless you already are and I just didn't see that...Hm...).

I actually told my parents while still living with them, and the results were mixed. I mean, my dad disowned me (I wasn't that close to him, don't worry about it), but my mom stood by me and supported me a lot. It's just something you've got to think about and go with what you think would be best in your personal situation.

If you've got any other sort of questions, don't be afraid to pm me. :3 As you can probably tell, I'm fond of helping. xD

-Adam

o-o_TeaThyme_o-o

Dapper Sex Symbol

tipcdragon

Tipsy Drake

21,625 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:21 pm
I am bi. I haven't really told my parents yet. not because i am afraid, just because i am waiting for the right time. its kinda awkward to just bring up. my advice to you is wait until it feels right. and remember, we are all here for you  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:46 pm
lesbian! I think you should maybe drop little hints and either have them confront you or tell them when your emotionally ready. If you are going to tell them I would plan to stay somewhere else for the night. That will give them time to calm down and think rashly. When you do tell them you might want to not bring it up again. If they want to talk about it cool, but if not then they are not ready. So tell them when you are ready, and when you think they are ready. Hope I could help! heart  

Loves True Nature

Agile Survivor

3,900 Points
  • Battle: Level Up 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100

Cheeeeeeeezit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:33 am
It's okay to be gay. There's nothing wrong with it, you are you.
Anyway, my advice is to be ready before you tell them. Have a place to stay for a while, like one of your friend's houses incase your parents have a bad reaction to it. Or, you could tell them once you have your own place to live it and when you think it's the right time.
It's not that much advice, but I tried. xD I hope I helped you a little.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:36 pm
i'm bi, and i waited till i was out of my dads house till i told them. they (my dad and stepmom) dont like it, but they accept it. my mom same way. i'm actully engaged to a man, and i have a girlfriend that has a boyfriend, and we all know about eachother and we are all ok with it. if you think it's better that you wait till you move out then i say wait till then. thats what i did. but whatever you choose, i wish you luck. i'm sure it will be ok. heart heart  

Arcadia Wolfe

xxtaintedlips

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:41 pm
You shouldnt be afraid of your sexuality. If people pick or you or anything because of that then it can be considered harassment. It wouldnt be any different then if someone was being mean to a woman, black, mexican, etc.
As for your family they should love you no matter what. They may take it hard, but its who you are.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:41 pm
I am straight. But i several very good friends of mine that are gay or lesbians and i don't think less of or look down on them. One of my first cousins is gay and that was a shocker when he told his parents. They still love and support him no matter what. He has my full support in whatever he chooses to do with his life.  

Medic83

5,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

SasukeXSuigetsuXAnna

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:26 pm
Im straight but i can deal with this stuff

U should ask ur parents if they would still love u if u told them something if they say of course then say it but some parents cant really handle that so so it slow and steady try not to cry or something but if u do go ahead and that will really get that off ur chest. I mean u cant help who u fall in love with it totally natural. I hope this helps.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:12 am
xxzodiacxx
Well I'm sort of afraid of my sexuality.

I hardly ever go to this guild and well I am now.

Can you help?

I'm mostly afraid of what my parents would think.

I already told my friends and they're okay with it but one so whatever. I don't care about him anymore.

Are any of yoiu guys bi/les/gay?

LOLZ I totally remember when I was in your position a year ago. Umm, well you don't really have to be afraid of your sexuality.Obviously there are always gonna be people who are against gays (they suck! lol). If you have friends that accept you for it, then that's ok. It makes you feel better. You may even find that most of your friends are confused about their sexuality and need advice.

The parent issue, almost everyone goes through. My entire family loathes them. One cousin knows, and she loves me even more now lolz. You ARE going to have to tell your parents one day, and there is never a right time, but you should wait until you can say it without fainting. If you never feel confident enough to do it, you're just gonna have to take a deep brreath and say it.  

Kyakume

shadowthedemoniccat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:53 am
Just be yourself and do what you think is right :3  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items