Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Perfect paradise possible?
  Sure, why not?
  No way in hell.
View Results

mara love queen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:13 pm
I have to say a perfect place can't be at all. The flaws are what MAKE it perfect. And even in perfection there are flaws. We just have to look hard and find them. And people want different things. So one persons perfection is another person's nightmare. Therefore it can't be at all  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:03 pm
"Perfection is reached when there's nothing left to add and nothing to remove"
-some french philosopher

People are used to flaws, it keeps them busy to keep working.

I don't know what a perfect place will look like to me...  

Verderbnis

Rig God_0069

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:48 am
Simply,
Given this senario.
I would say that said person would ultimately realize the happiness that was meant for that soul in their paradise. Perhaps not what they had in mind, however, something realizable that they had never known before would keep anyone who would do forsakable things at a distance forever.
That's what I figure.

another way to imagine.

... along the lines of buddhism where the grand finale for a soul in tune with life among life is an end. To say in word of another religion would be to become in heaven on earth and to cease all when all breath is gone.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:30 am
I think a perfect paradise would be re-living your happiest memories eternally (obviously you wouldnt realise you were doing that) so if your favourite memory was with a loved one then you would be with them for eternity even if they were in hell

however this is all speculation and i stand by the saying "ill cross that bridge when i come to it"

judomasters

Sateru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:20 am
Paradise is just a state of mind, like what Verderbnis quoted... Each of us has our own idea of a Paradise, and not all paradises have to be green fields and sunshine and happiness. To me, I don't believe in Heaven or Hell, but I have a strong belief in making a paradise for myself. >_< Even if it is just a facade that will end up fading away. Mostly, Paradise should have hints of the difficult which can contrast the happy so that you can better appreciate and not tire of the things that give you happiness. The sweet can only be appreciated with the spicy, the sour with the salty... Paradise cannot be forever since it would slowly erode from the paradise that you knew and become into just another plane of reality that will be a bore. x3 That's my opinion on the matter.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:04 pm
Under those conditions no because to be perfect your love would have to be there. But on that note I think a perfect Paradise isn't possible anyways because it would also have to include your loved ones that aren't dead yet. And even if it WAS possible I think it would be boring. It's life's little imperfections that make life interesting.  

Kitsune Voss

Liberal Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100

FenrirGaros

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:21 pm
your own perfect paradise is what you make through your choices and decisions to reach your own perfect paradise one day.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:22 pm
Sateru
Paradise is just a state of mind, like what Verderbnis quoted... Each of us has our own idea of a Paradise, and not all paradises have to be green fields and sunshine and happiness. To me, I don't believe in Heaven or Hell, but I have a strong belief in making a paradise for myself. >_< Even if it is just a facade that will end up fading away. Mostly, Paradise should have hints of the difficult which can contrast the happy so that you can better appreciate and not tire of the things that give you happiness. The sweet can only be appreciated with the spicy, the sour with the salty... Paradise cannot be forever since it would slowly erode from the paradise that you knew and become into just another plane of reality that will be a bore. x3 That's my opinion on the matter.

wow its excatly what i meant on my post lol  

FenrirGaros

7,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers