Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!
Sshhhhh! Don't tell J.K. Rowling! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GigglyGal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:17 pm
Dunno about American law, but I know in England, it's perfectly legal to copy disks for your own personal use, so... you'd get away with that ^^

Our police force (love them to bits - it's not their fault- but there must be some weirdo in control) seem to be concentrating more on litter than actual crime:

"You've been shot? Oh, good. Go stand in line; I've just seen a five-year-old drop a crisp! Ooh-hoo! That's a hefty fine for them!"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:27 pm
GigglyGal
Dunno about American law, but I know in England, it's perfectly legal to copy disks for your own personal use, so... you'd get away with that ^^

Our police force (love them to bits - it's not their fault- but there must be some weirdo in control) seem to be concentrating more on litter than actual crime:

"You've been shot? Oh, good. Go stand in line; I've just seen a five-year-old drop a crisp! Ooh-hoo! That's a hefty fine for them!"
It is legal to copy things you own here in the U.S. as long as you 1. own an official copy, 2. don't distribute the copies you make, and 3. you don't break the manufacturer's digital copy protection (like cracking a DVD, Boo number 3).

At least that is my understanding. Someone let me know if I'm misinformed.

But yeah, you can make all the MP3s you want if you own the CDs so long as you don't share them. These CDs belong to a friend though. I guess the legal thing to do would be to delete the MP3s when I'm done or give them to my friend when I'm done. Weird huh? sweatdrop

pirate  

Strideo
Crew

Mystic-X

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:39 pm
My lips are sealed 3nodding 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:18 pm
Mystic-X
My lips are sealed 3nodding 3nodding

Mwo rrr mene! *hash lips sealed*  

Phoenix_Kiss13

DvnT

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:06 pm
Infectious Bowel
Too bad you can't buy the audio books from something like itunes. ><

you cant?!?!?! i can on mine.........weird  
"FLDBAO" ~For the Love of Desu~ Books, Anime, and Others!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games