No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
I've been robbed!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever had thing stolen from you?
  Yes, and it sucks!
  Yeah, but the thief returned it
  No, I don't have anything of real theft-potential
View Results

NaxreXIV

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:11 pm
I lent my graphing calculator to a friend yesterday - she was behind in her classes, and needed to retake a math test in her study hall. She told me today that she forgot the calculator in her study hall room, which I didn't see as a big deal, since I thought her teacher probably found it. We went to her study hall teacher, and he said that no calculators were found that day.

The next half hour before school started was spent by us going to the main office, being told that all calculators were in the dean's possession, waiting for the dean, and when he got there, being told he didn't have it and changing it from just being "missing" to being "stolen" (Though I thank whatever deity is up there that I got my name engraved on it).

So yeah, my $150 TI-84 graphing calculator has been stolen by some jer-off, and to make things worse, my finals are this week, and I am without a tiny mathmatic device. Any advice for what I should do to catch the thief?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:50 pm
NaxreXIV
I lent my graphing calculator to a friend yesterday - she was behind in her classes, and needed to retake a math test in her study hall. She told me today that she forgot the calculator in her study hall room, which I didn't see as a big deal, since I thought her teacher probably found it. We went to her study hall teacher, and he said that no calculators were found that day.

The next half hour before school started was spent by us going to the main office, being told that all calculators were in the dean's possession, waiting for the dean, and when he got there, being told he didn't have it and changing it from just being "missing" to being "stolen" (Though I thank whatever deity is up there that I got my name engraved on it).

So yeah, my $150 TI-84 graphing calculator has been stolen by some jer-off, and to make things worse, my finals are this week, and I am without a tiny mathmatic device. Any advice for what I should do to catch the thief?

huh, sorry to say that unless you had a reliable witness you're outta luck since i highly doubt they'll suddenly feel bad and return it to you. the best you can do is see if you can borrow someone elses til you can get a new one. sad

my minivan was broken into once a while back while I was at the dr's office. it was winter, and after my appt I get back in the van go to turn on the radio only to find it's no longer there. instead there's a mess of wiring hanging from where the radio used to be. then I notice it's colder than it should be, look at the passenger side window to find it busted in. now.. if someone absolutely HAS to have my radio and simply cant live without it.. by all means, take it.. but for the love of god check the friggin doors FIRST before busting in the window 'cause I'd left the damn thing unlocked to begin with. scream  

Calypsophia

jerryfurok

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:44 pm
well that sucks but the best advice would be to buy a new one
y not buy a TI-83 its not as expensive as the the other  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:01 pm
not saing you' did wrong by lending it- because itwas nice that you did. But let them know that they borrowed it and should have treated it thusly... they lost it/ allowed it to be stollen so they shoull atleast HELP to buy a new one.

Inever lend my TI-84 out... and i have my name sharpied on the case, the backand in the battery pannel (somewhere a thief wouldnt think to look and remove my name) so that i can ask to see one that looks like mine if its missing and PROVE its mine.  

Goth_chi

Guardian1239

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:26 pm
I agree with Goth_chi. Your friend should help you pay for a new one. It's highly doubtful that you'll get the original back.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games