Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "EGG" Electronics, Gizmos and Gadgets!
help for a friend...(windows vista)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark and Light Samurai

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:14 am
ok I wasn't sure which forum would have been best to put this in, but since its a problem with my friends computer, i thoguht electronics would be suitable, so...
My friend got a new computer, with Windows Vista. Of course she has had to re-download things such as MSN and DivX but it does not allow her to use them/they dont work or something. She said that she downloadd them but that it wouldn't work.
I had a quick search and saw that it does have problems but cannot actually find any info or help that would help her with the problem.
So, if any of you have any advice please could you say and ill try my best to help her. If it still doenst work, I'll ask my dad to help her since he's good at computers to points.
Sorry if this was annoying or anything bad sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:25 pm
sence vista is a new os it is probably just a glitch in the main programming, you should just search for any patches they have realesed for vista, if that doesn't fix it you should probably go therough and run a virus scan if that dont work i dont know what to tell you  

Son-El 4474

1,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kooky the roleplay master

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:18 pm
Tat's simple, have her download the newer version. I have a Windows Vista myself and I enjoy it very much. (I got it when I bought my laptop). I had to downlaod all my stuff as well (including firefox) and it all works just fine.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:01 pm
well..i just got windows vista and i dont know how to work all of it.... so i have no clue .. u should ask ur dad or get help online like from help&support on whatev laptop he/she has  

cheeerleaddr

trusting paranoia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:03 am
Maybe something went wrong with the download?

the C&T are good with these things I suggest you ask them  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 4:56 pm
the current realse of MSN is not compatible with vista. try downloading widows live messenger instead. its a better organised version of msn, works the same way and you use your msn account for it plus its compatible with vista

hope this helps  

Saireena

O.G. Prophet

Lirimaer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:46 pm
my best guess is error downloading. or it could be something completely wrong with windows vista. we have it on my moms laptop and there are somethings that windows vista won't let me do. i suggest waiting for the newer updates to realease and try downloading them. it could be anything that's causing it.  
"EGG" Electronics, Gizmos and Gadgets!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games