Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Internet love, yae or nay?
  yae, my freind
  nay, comrade
View Results

newtypephynix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:34 pm
I found this girl, In an odd way too, I posted my heartbreak story on this board and she responded.....well....I can easily say I think I am head over heels...In all the years I have preached on how unsafe internet love is, and I cant stop finding myself longing for her response, every time i see her name I smile and hurry to open it up....I am actually at a loss now....

You know who you are, your an angel, and I shall always think of you.

for those curious as to my identity, This is actually phynixblack.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:29 pm
Well, internet dating is still dangerous.
But it can work out for people who handle themselves well and are very patient, I suppose. Good luck to you.  

baigais

Nitro-kun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:25 am
internet love is always good.... always that you live near of her  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:31 pm
And I think it's safe to say she loves you too.
Every time she sees your name, she couldn't be happier.
Her skies turn from gray to baby blue when she's near you.
You have placed sunshine in her day.  

Sprockette

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:09 pm
hey guys, just a friendly reality check here, so please dont be offended.

true love comes from knowing someone. you cant really know someone you just met online. it takes time to get to know someone, and then once you truly know the person can you really love them. you cant truly love a person based on what they project over a computer. now dont get me wrong, I met my husband whom I've been with for 12 years now online so I know it's not impossible. but we knew eachother for a couple of years online, and when we finally met in person we realized how different we were in real life as compared to how we perceived eachother to be online. when we only knew eachother online, we were 'in love' with the idea of the other person. I was in love with how I imagined he'd be in real life. I got lucky. not everyone does, which is why the vast majority of lovers who meet initially online end up breaking up.

I hope I didnt make anyone mad. I'm not trying to belittle anyones feelings, it's just that the word love is a very powerful word.. almost as powerful as the emotion.. and should be really sure of their knowledge of the other person before the word is thrown out there.

good luck! smile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:34 pm
awww i think its sweet^_^. but you guys have to be careful and take precautions, and get to know each other more. xd  

Anabethe

Sprockette

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:50 pm
Calypsophia
hey guys, just a friendly reality check here, so please dont be offended.

true love comes from knowing someone. you cant really know someone you just met online. it takes time to get to know someone, and then once you truly know the person can you really love them. you cant truly love a person based on what they project over a computer. now dont get me wrong, I met my husband whom I've been with for 12 years now online so I know it's not impossible. but we knew eachother for a couple of years online, and when we finally met in person we realized how different we were in real life as compared to how we perceived eachother to be online. when we only knew eachother online, we were 'in love' with the idea of the other person. I was in love with how I imagined he'd be in real life. I got lucky. not everyone does, which is why the vast majority of lovers who meet initially online end up breaking up.

I hope I didnt make anyone mad. I'm not trying to belittle anyones feelings, it's just that the word love is a very powerful word.. almost as powerful as the emotion.. and should be really sure of their knowledge of the other person before the word is thrown out there.

good luck! smile

yes, this is very understandable.
This is something that shouldn't be taken lightly.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:37 pm
People need to be careful about online dating/getting together, it might end up doing you more damage than good.

I don't speak from own experience, but I have a good friend whom has experienced a lot of heartbreak because of that.  

Ichinilla

Friendly Gekko

6,025 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Regular 100

BluePod

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:38 pm
I think that the internet is in this concept is just anouther way to meet people. While the net is good for meeting people you don't get the whole picture. me Iknow my net personality is a lot difrent than in person.
So meet a person online and that is the introduction. The net is anouther alternative to meeting people at work, a bar, on the street, or being introduced by friends. Don't make all your judgements based on thier/your net behaviour. Get to know them lots in person if you want a good relationship, also call the person.

Hope Im not too confusing.

Summed up: Int for meeting people. Don't jump to conclusions.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:47 pm
Winter_Equinox
And I think it's safe to say she loves you too.
Every time she sees your name, she couldn't be happier.
Her skies turn from gray to baby blue when she's near you.
You have placed sunshine in her day.

Ohh... That's sooo cute!!! I'm sorry, that just made me happy... Lol  

x_Toaster W A F F L E S_x

Sprockette

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:56 am
thank you.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items