Life Theories

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:48 pm
Going through my life ( and almost 18 ) I have developed multiple theories. One of which is my favorite one.

They say when we die our life flashes before our eyes right? Well how do we know we are not dieing. The way we are living our life, could be it "flashing" before our eyes. It happens in an instant, but seems to take forever as we think it is our "life". Why do we never remember dreams? Beats me smile Why do we have De Ja Vu? Because we think we already saw it because we did! Our life is flashing before our eyes, and whenever we realize something familiar, we recognize it from earlier. Is this possibly true?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:16 pm
That theory sounds somewhat logical........... much more logical than the rediculous theory I presented in one of the other topics!!!!!!!  

azrael the reaper_95210

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:28 am
Hehe wink . What about anyone else that reads this topic. What theories about life do you have?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:04 pm
Kazenge
Going through my life ( and almost 18 ) I have developed multiple theories. One of which is my favorite one.

They say when we die our life flashes before our eyes right? Well how do we know we are not dieing. The way we are living our life, could be it "flashing" before our eyes. It happens in an instant, but seems to take forever as we think it is our "life". Why do we never remember dreams? Beats me smile Why do we have De Ja Vu? Because we think we already saw it because we did! Our life is flashing before our eyes, and whenever we realize something familiar, we recognize it from earlier. Is this possibly true?

I think the rememberance of dreams depends on how close to consciousness we are at the time of the dream. all of the dreams I remember are ones I've woken up from but the ones in the middle of the night, many hours before I'm to wake up I dont remember consciously at all. you might think I'm crazy, but I think dreams can mean or be many things, one of which is the fortelling of some future event. I think deja vou is when something happens that you dreamed about at some point in time, but dont really remember.

as far as life flashing before our eyes just before death, I think that's a mental reaction to the fear that you're really going to die right then. I've heard of people saying this has happened even tho they didnt die tho they were very afraid they would. I think it's linked with the idea that when we are faced with death, we naturally reflect on our lives.. the people we love and who will miss us, the good and bad things we've done, our accomplishments and things left unfinished.  

Calypsophia

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:58 pm
Calypsophia
Kazenge

I think the rememberance of dreams depends on how close to consciousness we are at the time of the dream. all of the dreams I remember are ones I've woken up from but the ones in the middle of the night, many hours before I'm to wake up I dont remember consciously at all. you might think I'm crazy, but I think dreams can mean or be many things, one of which is the fortelling of some future event. I think deja vou is when something happens that you dreamed about at some point in time, but dont really remember.

as far as life flashing before our eyes just before death, I think that's a mental reaction to the fear that you're really going to die right then. I've heard of people saying this has happened even tho they didnt die tho they were very afraid they would. I think it's linked with the idea that when we are faced with death, we naturally reflect on our lives.. the people we love and who will miss us, the good and bad things we've done, our accomplishments and things left unfinished.

Not to be mean, but it is easier to have philosophical discussions and the like if you have an open mind, and not try to use science for every answer.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:39 pm
Kazenge
Calypsophia
Kazenge

Not to be mean, but it is easier to have philosophical discussions and the like if you have an open mind, and not try to use science for every answer.

heh, I wasnt trying to be scientific to be honest, it's just the most rational explanation I have. I do have an open mind, my friend. probably more open than anyone I know. I'm really not sure how my post indicated otherwise. besides.. since when is dreaming the future (which is what my post indicated that I think deja vou is) scientific? mainstream science doesnt go in for such things.

but just so you know, science was born of philosophy. read up a bit on Plato and Socrates' and other classic philosophers works. philosophical theories are made up of rational thought, as opposed to say.. fantasy.  

Calypsophia

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:59 pm
Quote:
heh, I wasnt trying to be scientific to be honest, it's just the most rational explanation I have. I do have an open mind, my friend. probably more open than anyone I know. I'm really not sure how my post indicated otherwise. besides.. since when is dreaming the future (which is what my post indicated that I think deja vou is) scientific? mainstream science doesnt go in for such things.

but just so you know, science was born of philosophy. read up a bit on Plato and Socrates' and other classic philosophers works. philosophical theories are made up of rational thought, as opposed to say.. fantasy.

Too lazy to read up on them. My theories come as my thoughts drift upon them. This one I have no idea how it came to me it just did. Maybe it is rational, but maybe it isn't. This world focuses too much on "What should be" and they need facts to prove things. You rarely see people who come up with theories and philosophy nowadays. Anyway, back to the original subject. Dreams could be de ja vu, but my explanation sounds cooler :0  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:11 am
Kazenge
Quote:

Too lazy to read up on them. My theories come as my thoughts drift upon them. This one I have no idea how it came to me it just did. Maybe it is rational, but maybe it isn't. This world focuses too much on "What should be" and they need facts to prove things. You rarely see people who come up with theories and philosophy nowadays. Anyway, back to the original subject. Dreams could be de ja vu, but my explanation sounds cooler :0

whether it sounds 'cool' or not, it doesnt change anything. and I'm full of theories on things that science puts down. I just base my philosophies and theories on what's probable. but that doesnt necessarily mean it's scientific. science only looks at 1 thing.. and that's whether their theories are emperically provable. I dont think the world necessarily always works that way. the world is too full of relativity and subjectivity for that. I adhere to the saying that nothing is impossible, only improbable.

besides, I think prophecy thru dreams is WAY cool smile  

Calypsophia

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:40 am
how's this one for ya (since the title of this thread is 'Life Theories' this post should be still considered on-topic) what exactly IS life? what are we? are we truly completely separate from one another, or are we truly connected?

I'm of the belief that we are all connected to eachother (to ALL life, and to the earth itself), just like individual waves are connected to the ocean. each wave is a thing in and of itself.. just like each life form is a thing in and of itself, with it's own thoughts, instincts, feelings, preferences, growth patterns, etc.. but if you separate that wave from the ocean, it's no longer a wave. it cant exist in it's own right separately from it... or like our individual body parts compared to our whole and complete body. if an arm gets cut off, it's just a piece of meat, but when connected to the body, it's animated, it grows.. it's part of us. it's inclusion makes our body whole. or like any part of something in which that something wouldnt be complete without.. like a shoebox display one would make for school. you could substitute one thing for another (much like birth and death) but the display wouldnt be complete without those pieces. they're interdependant of eachother to be considered 'whole'. it's the same way life needs other life.. which includes the earth, which I view it as a living thing in it's own right, born of the 'source'.. or the divine if you will (notice I didnt say 'god').. which to me is the whole universe. perhaps 'life' is the divines way of perceiving itself.. thru trees, rocks, insects, animals.. etc.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:31 am
I suppose that's possible. I didn't understand it, because you repeated stuff a lot. It seems like you contradict yourself by saying stuff like "they're interdependant of eachother to be considered 'whole'. If they were interdependant, then how could they be whole? I do not understand what you typed.  

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:59 am
Kazenge
I suppose that's possible. I didn't understand it, because you repeated stuff a lot. It seems like you contradict yourself by saying stuff like "they're interdependant of eachother to be considered 'whole'. If they were interdependant, then how could they be whole? I do not understand what you typed.

well, I didnt really repeat things, I just gave several different examples.

interdependent means "mutually dependent". for example.. bee's depend on flowers to produce honey, and in turn the flowers depend on the bees for pollination. it's a symbiosis, which means "the relation between two different species of organisms that are interdependent; each gains benefits from the other".

my example of an arm (or limbs in general, really) in relation to the body is that the body is dependant on the limb to be able to reach for things, carry things, walk, make tools, etc.. and in turn, the limb depends on the body to carry blood into it so that it can actually do those things. they are interdependent.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:39 pm
Ok, that makes sense, what's the theory/philospohy behind it?  

Kazenge

Hilarious Genius

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:30 pm
it's actually a buddhist philosophy. but it's also found in other belief systems as well such as shamanism and modern paganism. the whole web-of-life thing. I walked the pagan path for about a decade a while back, and lately for the past few months or so I've been studying and practicing zen buddhism. actually, it can also be seen in the christian religion as well in a way. when I was growing up and considered christian, I was told that god was in all things. not only did he create us, but he was within us as well.. that in effect would be a way of us all being connected as well.. just told from a different perspective.

here's a spontaneous thought..
perhaps the spiritual interdependent aspect of life in general could be why things such as deja vou, heightened intuition, and such like that are possible?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:51 pm
I agree on your theory! what we are depends on our surroundings. You cant be a wave if theres no ocean around you.  

Elias Thanh

notmatt18

1,100 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:15 pm
i think we should always live life to its fullest because well why not ( i no its corny) but i also agree with ur theroy  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games