Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
Imagination or conventional Thinking?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Verderbnis

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:23 pm
Ok, this thread is maybe not an idea to discuss, but to open up eyes. In my life I heard alot about "moving beyond imagination". But, how can you move yourself beyond something expandable like this?

Just make the following test: Imagine a color which does not exist! Every color is mixable with various chemistry, therefore moving beyond imagination is impossible.

So, Imagination is the only thing which man faces what doesn't have borders.

The borders are just a concept which society created, to keep people on the short. I mean the biggest scientists in history were just people who started to question and move beyond the conventional thinking, which defines the "imagination" of the mass.

Just think about if someone told you about TV 300 years before, or cars 200 years before, what you would've said then! All our advantages could've been done earlier if people weren't hiding inside their shell of being normal.

It's just a fact that mankind has great powers of imagination and therefore of creation. If you count it as possitive or negative is up to you, I just wanted to write down some wisdom wink  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:03 am
I think it's just a figure of speech to make something (like a book or a movie) seem more fantastic to people. smile  

Calypsophia

Hikky-kun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:12 am
heh, i've given that speech to alot of ignoramis over the years.. a solid example when they start demanding proof is Jules Verne... or the book 1984... if they know neither they arent worth the time to waste on em explaining..  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:53 pm
Hikky-kun
heh, i've given that speech to alot of ignoramis over the years.. a solid example when they start demanding proof is Jules Verne... or the book 1984... if they know neither they arent worth the time to waste on em explaining..

You took my planned Jules Vernes sample. He really stood far above the conventional ways of imagination, he described nuclear power, TV, u-boats, helicopters, spacetravels...

...of course not exactly, but how was TV imaginable, at a time where it was still "impossible" to imagine (for at least the majority of people) on the other hand is his giant cannon shooting a capsule into space (which is possible today by using railguns). The greatest thinkers of our time changed the world by using their head and not to leave themselves to the hand of the mass.

The message of my post is simply: Don't choke everything or let yourself drag into a specific direction of thinking, get up think and create something, everyone has the ability of doing it, but only a few have the guts to really do it.  

Verderbnis

Hikky-kun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:50 am
Hellraver
Hikky-kun

You took my planned Jules Vernes sample. He really stood far above the conventional ways of imagination, he described nuclear power, TV, u-boats, helicopters, spacetravels...

...of course not exactly, but how was TV imaginable, at a time where it was still "impossible" to imagine (for at least the majority of people) on the other hand is his giant cannon shooting a capsule into space (which is possible today by using railguns). The greatest thinkers of our time changed the world by using their head and not to leave themselves to the hand of the mass.

The message of my post is simply: Don't choke everything or let yourself drag into a specific direction of thinking, get up think and create something, everyone has the ability of doing it, but only a few have the guts to really do it.

hehe my apologies ^^ if you had used jules verne in th efirst my post would have been about the colours... great thinkers think alike  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:13 am
I guess we're using some equal ways of thinking hikky!

It was just an attempt to wake up and inspire some uninspired compromised kids, but if they think it's better to stfu and sit down, they'll see, where those self-ignorance leads to. For example my father paints arts, which looks familiar with grafiti, but there is a problem: he is nearly 70 years old and does arts longer than there has been grafiti. He won't get rich and famous in his lifetime, because he always has stress with galerists and art-traders.

But he still follows his vision of arts. With technics which are "unimaginable" to other artists. He doesn't follow any school or a specific way of painting. The only thing which makes him do the things he does is his imagination.  

Verderbnis

Hikky-kun

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:34 pm
well that is how one should do ones things...
in my case, I express it thru my oppinions and the way i dress, and no im not gothic or punk or any of the sort, my apearance is mainly inspired by the cyberpunk universe with a heavy emphasizing on a post-apocalyptic look, my political opinions are very nihilistic and my beliefs about the world around me...

well...

safe to say is that most people would think they belonged in a comic book.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:18 am
Well, clothes are a minor point in my statement, I think it's ok to have an unconventional head which is actually not needed to be worn outside. I am pretty boring, I mostly wear black...

Black T-Shirts (with bandlogos, and death related symbols), black pants, black shoes, sometimes black suits...

But if someone feels the need of making him/herself a living artwork, this person really should do more than simply pose.

Nah, anyways! Unconventional thinkers always ruled and the "mass" always got effed up!  

Verderbnis

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff