Submit

Love Volim

Devout Senshi

8,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:50 pm
My boyfriend... well, ex now. Told me he loved me 4 or 5 days ago, since then time has rushed by. We had a really great online realtionship, untill lastnight, he called me out of the blue. I was happy, and we talked for 30min. Sadly, over that time my mom read all my PMs, finding out I was going out with this guy, we talked. And later, I called him back, to talk again about ramdom crap.

We've been talking on Gaia and MSN for over 14 months now, and we only started dating a week ago, we had plans to meet (only 90 min away from eathother) and web cam and everything. I was in bliss, always on a happy high.

Untill my "slightly" controling mom made me ask him tons of really personal questions, I knew he was highly worried about that, but I asked them anyway. If I didnt... well, lets just say I would be in deep crap... And so, later we talked like nohting happened, he had given truthful answers, the same things he had told me in the past and alot more. Then, today, around noon I found a PM from him... saying it was over.

I have hardly cried, but my heart feels like.... I belive we all know the feeling. I dont want things to be over cuz he thinks I'm a crazy internet pervert, I'm not. I know if he and his mom or dad asked those same quetions I would have to talk to him about it, I mean, We havent in person, so for all I know hes a 60yr old man... I hope hes not, I care about him so much... and even if I dont love him as much as I've loved in the past, but the past was a reationship that lasted over 3 years... A week and feeling as strongly as i did... I'll admit, I love his voice, his laugh and his carming smile...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:58 pm
I am sorry that had happened to you!
But just ask him why he felt he needed to end your relationship.Something might've happened.
Also,tell him how you feel about the break-up and tell him whats going on with you and your mom.
Good luck *hug*  

Sprockette

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:20 pm
maybe explain why you asked all the questions, and if he still doesnt want to be with you then let it be. I mean, if he's not comfortable with you asking all those questions for your mum, maybe he does have something to hide  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:46 pm
Iconised Ghost
maybe explain why you asked all the questions, and if he still doesnt want to be with you then let it be. I mean, if he's not comfortable with you asking all those questions for your mum, maybe he does have something to hide

yes, true. online relationships is a heavy issue. any parent would be concerned and act as your mom had ( even more so for some). if you feel up to it, contact him and ask his side of the story. if he has any doubts on meeting you now that you've shown some alertness due to your mom, then there's a possibility he's hiding something. either that or he's grown conscious how you might perceive him.  

daggblu4

XxXxFoxii_demonxXxX

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:03 pm
i know EXACTLY what you mean... I had a really really good friend on gaia, and stuff, and we were best friends for almost a year, when we started to go out, it was all going well, we dated for about 5 months maybe a bit more, anyway, when i logged on once, i had a message from him, but it said...

''I'm sorry *******, I'm leaving gaia, I never want to talk to you again''

that was it, i know the heart feeling and all...

but we both knew that we were the age we were saying, we talked on msn with web cam and all, but that was it...

so, all i have for you is, well, life sucks...

sorry its not better advice...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:56 pm
Online relationships are dangerous because you don't truly know who the person is. Anyone can lie through text and even talking. The reason he ended it may have been because HE was the pervert and saw that you were catching on. I feel sorry for you, but living in a fantasy world and finding other, possibly dangerous people to try and make it perfect isn't a good idea. True relationships are not started online. I recommend spending more time with your real friends.  

Guardian1239

kyoshiro2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:08 pm
Online relatiionship... Never understood why.... But hey this is the 'Why not' guild so why not... Anyway... Online dating is a stupid thing to do really... Because you online life is completely different for your real life... I much prefer being able to see and touch thing compared to looking at data and yet I look at data most of the time... I can't really feel much for writing on a screen unless I know this person in real life... Actually spoken face to face... You know crap like that... His real life may have become more inportant than his online thats all I'm saying... Meaning you're part of that online life... That or he's onto another online life... Which would be kinda sad... I a freind who date over the internet and never understood why...Or why not either way.. It's all the same....  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games