Guardianism: A New Religion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:12 pm
Guardian1239
Actually, I believe in my religion. I wasn't sure at first, but because it is a combination of religions that I've altered to become more plausible to me, I've come to believe everything I've created. Of course, because of this, I haven't actually "made it up". I've used the ideas of others in parts.

but that is making it up. it's taking parts of something old and combining them to make something new. I believe in your mythology you mentioned 7 beings.. like judges. what makes you believe in them? why did you choose that #?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:59 am
Well, I guess it's making it up. Either way, I believe in it. Seven allows for a large range of views. I call them the Jury because they decide where a soul is to go after its body dies. I believe in even them now, which I didn't at first, because it is a more balanced system. One omnipotent being would be two powerful, so I've split the powers of a god into three sections: the force (the creation), the Jury (the managers of souls), and the guardians (protectors of the people). It would be more likely to survive for a long time.  

Guardian1239

Christian Monroe

Aged Sex Symbol

5,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:17 pm
Guardian1239
Actually, I believe in my religion. I wasn't sure at first, but because it is a combination of religions that I've altered to become more plausible to me, I've come to believe everything I've created. Of course, because of this, I haven't actually "made it up". I've used the ideas of others in parts.

I guess, but you do admit you did alter the ideas of other religions. So, you do admit you did make it up. You just took things and altered them so that you could try to make sense of them, which in other words you made it up and you may think you believe in it, but in the end, when this doesn't work out, you won't. don't try to waste your time by making up a religion on a website such as gaia or myspace. unless you "spread the word" you wont get anything accomplished.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:48 pm
Huh...I think I've heard of this before...

And it actually makes sense to me, surprisingly!

Athlaxi

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces