Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Suicide

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ombrophobia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:38 pm
I posted a video blog on youtube about a girl I knew who committed suicide recently. It was mostly about my feelings towards her suicide and the funeral and all that. Just my opinion. I never said anything untrue.

Well it really angered a lot of people and I got a lot of hate mail and flames. I guess I'm too honest, but I only said what I believed to be true. One day later, (today) I posted and apology video saying I was sorry to offend people so much, and I won't apologize for feelings, but I'm sorry to offend people...

Well it's been like an hour and I have more hate mail about it. Mostly people saying really mean things about how I only posted the second video to.. Well to put it crudely "cover my fat @ss."

I know that we all get hate mail and flames sometimes, but really...

I'm home schooled, so I don't need to worry about getting beat up, but I've gotten threats. What will more violence solve?? I'm just a little scared and I don't know what to do...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:47 pm
Sorry but one your freinds an idiot... And there is every right to broadcast your feelings... If people got their heads out of their asses they might think every once in a while... Like maybe you said it was a selfish act... Which is true, you gotta think about other people what about the people you're leaving behind... I'd gladly go against anyone who said I was cold hearted for calling these people cowards because it's what I think... But the people who are killing them selves annoy me... Because so what you've had a hard life up untill know... You should have talked to someone every once in a while... You don't know how things are going to turn out... And if you end it you'll never know... Hell send this to the people giving you hate mail and tell them to join and send me hate mail... One I'm promoting gaia two I'd love to see what these people have to say... In the end all these people bitching about all of this they'll only forget the person eventually and then they will be no better that the things that pushed the person over the edge....  

kyoshiro2

Ombrophobia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:41 pm
These people giving me so much hate are the same people claiming she was a happy person. Happy people don't kill themselves. These people are the ones who caused Rachel hurt. They're the ones who drove her to kill herself.

I deleted my youtube account and my videos because too much hate kills. They've already caused her death. As far as I'm concerned, her blood is on their hands.

There was just too much hate... I can't stand it. I live in a small community, and everyone knows each other. I've had a lot of threats, and I fear, mostly for my family.

Her sister flamed me but I realized they just need someone to hate. Hate comes easier than Love, I guess... If my little sister died, the fabric of my person would just fall apart. I removed my videos for her. I know what it's like to be a big sister.

I'm still very scared, and the words and hate people have wished upon me are seared into my conscious. I am so shaken up by the whole ordeal, I didn't sleep last night, and I don't think I will tonight either.

Thank you, for your comment. It really made me feel better. ^_^ *gives you a cookie*  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:39 am
Ombrophobia
I posted a video blog on youtube about a girl I knew who committed suicide recently. It was mostly about my feelings towards her suicide and the funeral and all that. Just my opinion. I never said anything untrue.

Well it really angered a lot of people and I got a lot of hate mail and flames. I guess I'm too honest, but I only said what I believed to be true. One day later, (today) I posted and apology video saying I was sorry to offend people so much, and I won't apologize for feelings, but I'm sorry to offend people...

Well it's been like an hour and I have more hate mail about it. Mostly people saying really mean things about how I only posted the second video to.. Well to put it crudely "cover my fat @ss."

I know that we all get hate mail and flames sometimes, but really...

I'm home schooled, so I don't need to worry about getting beat up, but I've gotten threats. What will more violence solve?? I'm just a little scared and I don't know what to do...

Im just curious what exactly did you say. because i understand your point of view but if you said something really harsh the family members or people that miss her would definitely have something to say. i think threatening you is going a bit to far. actually way way far. as long as they don't know where you live your good.  

Anabethe

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:07 am
I wouldnt worry about anyone threatening you on myspace or anywhere else on the internet (unless you've actually given out your personal info). there's nothing they can do. these people are in denial. they say she was happy, because they want to believe she was happy. you're right.. happy people dont kill themselves. personally, I think suicide is the worst option someone could choose except for in the most terrible of problems (terminal disesase, for instance), but it was her choice. yes, suicide is a selfish act, but she's the only one that could live her life, no one else could do it for her and I dont know what the issues were that drove her to it to really pass judgement about it.

all I know, is if these myspace people dont know where you live you have nothing to worry about. that's why I dont give out personal info online. I have a myspace acct, but I dont really do anything with it. I keep up with some real life friends in my old hometown and that's about it. I dont even really like myspace, I think it's way over rated, and a danger to kids (like most popular community sites of it's kind). now, if these are people you know in person, in 'real life', and the threats are persistent, I'd go to the police.. or at least warn my parents and let them handle it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:00 pm
Ombrophobia
These people giving me so much hate are the same people claiming she was a happy person. Happy people don't kill themselves. These people are the ones who caused Rachel hurt. They're the ones who drove her to kill herself.

I deleted my youtube account and my videos because too much hate kills. They've already caused her death. As far as I'm concerned, her blood is on their hands.

There was just too much hate... I can't stand it. I live in a small community, and everyone knows each other. I've had a lot of threats, and I fear, mostly for my family.

Her sister flamed me but I realized they just need someone to hate. Hate comes easier than Love, I guess... If my little sister died, the fabric of my person would just fall apart. I removed my videos for her. I know what it's like to be a big sister.

I'm still very scared, and the words and hate people have wished upon me are seared into my conscious. I am so shaken up by the whole ordeal, I didn't sleep last night, and I don't think I will tonight either.

Thank you, for your comment. It really made me feel better. ^_^ *gives you a cookie*

You hit it right on the mark. It is easier to hate than to love.

If the suicide happened recently, her loved ones are still sore about what happened, and they are looking for someone to blame. That person is you. They cannot handle the truth, because you're right - happy people don't kill themselves.

Not only that, but they are jealous because you knew the real girl....and they obviously didn't.

For now, save the video and keep it for yourself. In time, the people around you will grow up and realize they were at fault. Not you.

Nariko914

Ombrophobia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:12 pm
It's only people in my community. People I know and grew up in my church with. It's really scary, cause I deleted them after I saw someone put my first and last name in a comment... I just got really scared... It shook me up like a really lot. I'm still afraid to show my face in public, but it's only been a day...

Yeah, I told my parents about it, and they both saw my videos and they totally supported me, so my mom (being a staff member at our church) sent it to the pastor, and youth group leaders so they all knew she supported me.

I don't like myspace either. I don't have one at all.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:12 pm
Thats a sad story. I feel for you. But the thing is, you have the right to express yourself. I mean, where would we be if we didn't get people who expressed themselves? Don't worry about those people. Violence doesn't solve anything, and I am sure they will get that sooner or later. You did the right thing deleting that video, but I would not do any major public things: go to school and church, go home. Stay low for awhile. People offen forget as soon as something else happens. Good luck.  

TashiaGirl

DvnT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:59 am
sounds like their blaming you...? what did you say, did you in any way at all hurt her before this happend? because it sounds from their point of view, your part of the problem not the solution...? no offence.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:16 am
sorry about length....
As far as defending yourself from Hate mail goes

set up your email inbox to accept email from certain users, then enter those users into the allowed list

as for in RL - all i can say is keep a low pro, personally Sui's a problem i used to deal with myself

i'd say about 7 times is the last count i've wanted to leave earth for good...

but my morals preventing me form even being a "cutter",

i will say this...if the words of the video sound a bit over-stressful, or sound a bit aggressive in some ways, then there in is the problem

sure you lost someone you care for, but that's not really a reason to over-stress everything else

as above, Sui's not a joke, i know that, but what i'll say is this, Sui's only a crime to the one who committed it, they basically gave up, gave in, and toppled over, but though this shifts a lot of weight towards you, you need to keep your Soul's fire burning, absorb the energy of the pain and fuel yourself to stop other from the same mistake your friend made, but do it in a friendly fashion, and dont use youtube or any other video site, except to post picture video collages of the one you lost  

Ragnius

mistymorning14

3,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:41 am
Its a very good thing that you told your parents. I think that everyone is still hurting from her death and are trying to find someone to blame. As for your people from church, even church-goers are human and fall into the trap of hate and anger. I am assuming you are Christian or Catholic? In that case the same may happen. Christians and Catholics are also human. I say put the video away for now and wait until some of the pain has gone away. Maybe people will then be willing to listen.

God Bless
Misty  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:03 pm
Ombrophobia

See wise person? you know what to do!!  

Naitomosu

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items