Reply "PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §
Gaian Philosophy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arenlor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:25 pm
What is your Gaian philosophy, are you one who must own the most expensive items, regardless of how they look? Or are you one who just buys random things and put them on? Could you be one of those who, like me, have chosen how we wish our character to look, not caring about price, and not caring about whether we've spent a lot on them or not.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:58 pm
Well, my avitar's look is based around my RP character. My character has a pet wolf (and has had one since before the wolf item) so I did not get him because he was a monthly collectable.........  

azrael the reaper_95210

Walking Blind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:59 pm
i have different set goals on different looks but i save all the old stuff in case i might want to combine them with other items to make something new right now my avi's goal is higher than all the others and im considering of putting the finnished avi in the arena to see how i fair  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:12 am
if i have a 'gaian philosophy' its just to have fun. it's a game. I lucked out one day when I was fairly new and got a pink gift box that happened to have one of the most expensive things in it, which pretty much gave me a jump start gold wise. the way I look at it, this gave me the opportunity to have more fun playing at the marketplace, and obtaining collectibles for my avi. but I dont take it as seriously as a lot of people I've met, and that to me, is important. real life is serious enough, full of stress, and requires a lot of effort to just be happy, no need to put the same effort into a game and get stressed out about it. some effort yes, but not a great deal.  

Calypsophia

Master Strategist Kess

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:14 pm
I like a bit of a minimalistic look. Pick a theme and go with it. I thought it pretty amazing how little you could spend and still look good. Now I put a little money in, but if I pay real money for something and I don't like it, I hang onto it for the market to go twangy in my favor.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:49 am
Me I post on the forums and message back and forth with my GF. Also for my avi I go for things I like and think would look good. I go more for staffs and stuff like that. I don't use any real money so if I want a monthley colectable I gotta save it up.  

BluePod

Arenlor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:02 am
I'm happy with the responses so far I must say. It's good to meet a few people who don't just go for the bust on making an avatar. People get mad because I didn't buy the deluxe catband. But I personally think it's so ugly. I had had the other tail for a while until I recently discovered the one I have now. The other tail is 2k, this one is 900. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be shocked that I sold the other one for 900 just to have enough money to buy this one. Right now I'm only saving up for drawing of her. The only unexpected twist to her was that my girlfriend gave me the headband that she's wearing, but it looks good on her I think, so I'm leaving it. I've read about people who were devastated when they were hacked. Personally if I got hacked somehow (I use strong passwords, http://www.microsoft.com/protect/yourself/password/checker.mspx check yours for everyone's sake) I would just spend the, maybe one month, that it would take to rebuild her. If that. I have a second character (not secondary, that's just stupid) that I recently started so I'd be able to use him to help rebuild twice as fast. So to help continue the conversation, how would you all react to being hacked? I do recognize some of you have expensive enough items that you would be upset at least to begin with, that's understandable. But would any of you, quit playing, or anything like that?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:01 pm
I just get what I think looks nice with the overall theme of my Avatar... biggrin  

Je Suis La Vie

Liberal Millionaire

5,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items