Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
Secret Game of Matchmaker

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NaxreXIV

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:41 pm
I attend a Christian Youth Group -soley for the sake of seeing old friends- and I met a guy (let's call him Mike). Mike and I had similiar interests, became fast friends, and it was all good. Then my friends had to go and ask him after I left one night if he liked me, lying by saying I liked him, and now he's trying to ask me out.

There are a three things I find completely wrong with this: 1) my friends did this, behind my back, entirely on a hunch, knowing full well my issues with my own sexual preference, specifically my current lack of one; 2) we are friends, but we only see each other on Thursdays with hardly anytime to talk, and as of late he hasn't been showing up; and 3) I'm a year older than him. Its only by one year, and now we're both 15... but its still pretty creepy to me.

There isn't a doubt in my mind that someone has had a similiar expierence, so if there's any advice that can be given, please; I really, really need it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:05 pm
next time he tries to ask you out tell him the truth. I remember my friends pulled something like that on me in 8th grade but i didn't like the guy. luckily he was shy so he never asked me out.  

Anabethe

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:01 pm
first, dont be too hard on your friends, perhaps they were merely trying to be helpful to you somehow. maybe they're concerned for some reason over your lack of preference. who knows? but do tell them not to do it again. when I was a kid the only time my friends ever talked to someone on my behalf was because either I asked them to or they sought my approval first. explain to them that now you have to turn this nice kid down and he's gonna be embarrassed because THEY lied to him.

secondly, do as meleny7 said. honesty is the best policy.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:22 pm
i have something like this happening to me, only they said i liked him before i even met him... sweatdrop personaly i would say you should say you dont want to be with anyone just now. tell him to find someone who knows they want him. and if he doesnt, say hes going to have to wait.  

DvnT

Lunar_Sunset

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:28 pm
well 1st off i think u need to talk to ur friends and let them know wat is going on. next when u see him u need to go tlk to him either by urself or if u want have a friend go with u. i think u need to tell him though. i had one of meh friends tell the guy i like tat i like him. he thinks its true but since i have never actually admited it to him he doesnt truly belive it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:59 pm
1st r u bi or somthing  

dontnowat2donow

"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas