Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!
Why do you think he did it? (Just give it a try.) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well, what do you think?
  His own reasons.
  The woman's well-being.
View Results

XxNamikaze_MinatoxX

Interesting Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:00 am
Judging from MY views...

The man lost everything leading to his descent into insanity with thoughts of suicide filling his mind therefore when he chose to save that woman because he put other people before himself and finishing his life with it BUT! I think because of the thoughts of his own want for death he did not think of other ways to save the woman. I also think that he thought saving the woman in exchange for his own life would not continue the cycle of death if the woman dies (like if the woman dies and her husband gets like that too.) His death for the sake of the other person would have satisfied himself for he had saved another individual from suffering his condition and saving himself from the insanity that was overwhelming him.

If that insanity continued... more worse things would have happened if he was let free into the world.

The last though that came to my head is that... what if saving that woman had not let him to death and saved him from insanity? he would also continue his life moving on and also dedicating it to his lost family.

Well there ya go ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:11 pm
Hmm...I say both. However, I think saving the woman was what he intended to do. Yes, he wanted to die but I think for this situation, it was more subconscious. It was more in the back of his mind and I don't think he saw it as a way to die...at least, he didn't consciously. So yeah...might not make much sense, but it does to me. *Shrugs*  

Nighthawk475

DJ_Rial

5,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:14 pm
The way I see it is that they're both equally probably. Firstly since he couldn't finish himself off why not get someone else to do it. It would make it easier for him. Secondly perhaps the woman was married, so to say. What if he thought of this woman's "husband." He might have thought the worse-case senario for the man's downfall woudl be much like his. He might have not wanted anyone else to go through that horrid change in life, and the absolute feeling of hoplessness.

Keeping in mind, of course, that the man was not in his right mind. It may have been the former for he may have been thinking more about his problems that the woman's considering he'd lost everything.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:05 am
I think that the man was not thinking about making his suicide easier. One, how would he know if the criminal would kill the man of not? The man could've rescued the woman and not die; key word being could have.

I say the man was thinking about the woman's loved ones. He already knows what it feels like to lose everything important to him. He doesn't want another person in the world feeling the same way. Or it might've been that he just wanted to make himself feel better by saving someone.  

Lynne Meghan

5,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Contributor 150

Eleiza0250

Shy Genius

12,950 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:49 pm
Nighthawk475
Hmm...I say both. However, I think saving the woman was what he intended to do. Yes, he wanted to die but I think for this situation, it was more subconscious. It was more in the back of his mind and I don't think he saw it as a way to die...at least, he didn't consciously. So yeah...might not make much sense, but it does to me. *Shrugs*

I agree. I think in this circumstance his desperation and desire to die were only perhaps subconscious motivations and seeing the woman in trouble was the reason he moved into the alley.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:49 pm
While it is human nature to want to think he had the women's best interest at heart he may simply have rushed in because he had nothing else to lose and possibly something to gain. so he may have simply ran in because he could and even though he died he probably had no regrets in his demise sense he saved the girl and his sad life ended.  

last angel served

"IDT" Intelligent Discussion Threads!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces