View Results

Dr Sciurus

Dapper Lunatic

14,375 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:58 pm
i have depression too. ive never gone to see anyone about it and no one around me really really knows but alot of times at night im in bed upset and wondering why i bother existing. i would have to say theres a link between depression and art though. ive been depressed for a while with people dying around me and ive made three poems so far that people actually seem to like. it sometimes gets interesting where my thoughts take me and ive atleast gotten better then a normal person at controling my emotions like temper and others. i may rarely burst into tears out of frustration but so far ive never snapped on someone i was dealing with. yeah depression sometimes sucks alot but it makes someone think and there mind can be more open too. even im surprised how much fun i have when its the moment where i dont care anymore n_n  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:41 pm
Depression is like when you watch a sad movie or when someone you know dies, the difference though, is you tend to stay like that for different periods of time. The thing about depression is that its different for every person; yes you feel down and alone and nothing seems to matter anymore, but the key is that its all a state of mind. Once you realize that slowly but surely you'll start seeing things in a new light. As for it being a great inspiration for art, yes that is true but let me ask you this what about the other emotions you feel im sure someone with anger management can draw just as great as someone who is depressed. So as far as it being a good thing I can honestly say it may be if your looking to see things from a different perspective, and if thats the case why not try out the other facets of your emotions?  

przlfrdx

beaulolais

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:13 pm
depressed people make more realistic judgments of situations than do others.

http://www.radford.edu/~jaspelme/_private/gradsoc_articles/Depressive Realism/Are_the_sadder_wiser.pdf

those pathetic self deluded fools  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:31 am
My sister suffered a lot of serious depression when she was my age (mid teens, of course) and yes, i can truly say, its horrible. when it gets so bad that you are staying home from school, wont get out of bed and are trying to think of ways to kill yourself, its unbearable. i personally have never been there, but it was the worste part of my sisters life. it has to do with chemical imbalances in the brain, and no matter what old people (like my grandma) say, you cant just get over it. you cant just choose to feel happier. you NEED some type of pills to balance your brain chemicals. there is a huge difference between feeling down in the dumps (which i have, and im sure everyone has experienced) and having actual depression that needs to be treated. if my sister hadnt seen someone and taken pills at the time she did, she would have been dead long ago.  

tai-lerr--x

Dapper Fatcat

9,250 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200

chessiejo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:26 am
beaulolais
depressed people make more realistic judgments of situations than do others.

http://www.radford.edu/~jaspelme/_private/gradsoc_articles/Depressive Realism/Are_the_sadder_wiser.pdf

those pathetic self deluded fools

so if depression is abnormal, then what we call normal must really be unrealistic!

amiright?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:22 pm
I have depression / Borderline personality disorder (my doctor can't decide which -.-) and I can see both sides.
People who say that depressed people need to "get over themselves" or "think happy thoughts" are wrong.
People who say depression is something we have to live with are also wrong.

Not to quote those commercials, but depression does hurt. I can always tell when I'm depressed compared to sad for an actual reason because my body aches, all I want is a hot shower and to fall asleep forever, never crawl out of bed again. You can't tell me that I can just "get over" physical pain, I can't "think happy thoughts" to make that go away. And I can't live with that kind of depression, either, though.

I am lucky, I'm not suffering severe depression; I'm sane enough to realize what's happening and to know that I can ignore it, and I can beat it.  

Koujo no Omoide

Dangerous Lover

LennaSuace

Businesswoman

9,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:54 am
It really is. It's not that you feel awful, but it doesn't let you enjoy good things - ot recognize that there are good things in life. It's happened to me crying  
"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff