Reply "PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place
Running Pokemon

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:28 pm
Okay I've been trying to catch Mesprit and Creselia for a while now. So right now I have Mesprit at 25% of health and is asleep and Creselia is asleep with 75% health. What is bugging me is that if they are asleep, why do they keep fleeing?? if they are suppose to be asleep...

Also whats the easiest way to catch them, cause i don't want to waste like 30 random pokeballs with the one from the lake in the snow.

(still learning the name of the places/pokemon)

Going to sleep will see reply tomorrow  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:54 pm
Couple things help...

1) Play at night and use Dusk Balls... they have a x3 chance of capture (an Ultra Ball is x2)

2) Asleep and 25% HP is also really good for catching them easier.

3) You need a strategy that allows you to chase them down quickly. I'm mentioned one before but since I'm going to bed I'll have to go into more details on my strategy later.

4) You also want a leading pokemon that's a higher level than the local pokemon and a lower level than the legendary you are trying to catch. That way, you can use a Repel and the only pokemon you'll ever encounter is that legendary.

5) In order to stop said pokemon from running away, you need to use a pokemon with either of the moves Block and Mean Look. This pokemon has to be the first pokemon sent out and he has to use it before the opponent has a chance to flee. Alternatively, you could lead with a Wobbuffet ; Shadow Tag will prevent the opponent from leaving. (Arena Trap on Dugtrio would work if these two legendaries didn't have levitate... I think...)

To that end, I suggest you capture a fairly high level Golbat from the Mt. Coronet area. They should already know Mean Look. Just feed them 10 Carbos vitamins (if you can) and level them up... maybe even evolve them into Crobat (who will definitely outrun these legendaries.)

All that said, you could still expect it to take many pokeballs to capture them.  

Nadian
Crew

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:07 pm
I'll try that tonight when i'm about to sleep, also my lil secret is I always play at night for the reason of the Dusk Ball redface I have actually caught full health pokemon with them while my main is at level 80. but i did not know of the ultra.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:43 pm
eh, i cheated 99 masterballs to my firered game a couple years ago, and then i found it recently. i export pokemon holding masterballs to my diamond game. thats how i got them wink  

Bleeding Prince

Greedy Bloodsucker

8,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:30 pm
I'm trying for legit ways.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:26 pm
Goddess Lia

The way I eventually ended up doing it was going between Floaroma and the Windworks with a Bronzong that knew Block and was holing a Quick Claw. The issue with Golbat or Crobat is that if the runner makes t faint, Mean Look's effect will wear off and allow it to run. It's quite hard for either one to make a Bronzong faint due to the double resistance that Psychic/Steel provides.

I think I missed the Master Ball on my Diamond version actually... Or I used it on something I shouldn't have. sweatdrop  

Jackalope2
Crew

Goddess Lia

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:33 am
Jackalope2
Goddess Lia

The way I eventually ended up doing it was going between Floaroma and the Windworks with a Bronzong that knew Block and was holing a Quick Claw. The issue with Golbat or Crobat is that if the runner makes t faint, Mean Look's effect will wear off and allow it to run. It's quite hard for either one to make a Bronzong faint due to the double resistance that Psychic/Steel provides.

I think I missed the Master Ball on my Diamond version actually... Or I used it on something I shouldn't have. sweatdrop

I noticed that the MeanLook will be negated if i swap the pokemon for i higher one for a better catch rate.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:42 pm
Goddess Lia
Jackalope2
Goddess Lia

I noticed that the MeanLook will be negated if i swap the pokemon for i higher one for a better catch rate.

Well, Umbreon, Absol, or Smeargle could Mean Look (or Smeargle could Block) and then Baton Pass it to another pokemon.  

Nadian
Crew

Insane King Wasabi

Invisible Lunatic

6,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:44 am
To catch those two use quick/dusk balls at night (will take about 15 trys) And have them both down near 10% For mesprint use a crobat or a fast pokemon that can use mean look and use mean look and just waste power points with mean look until mesprint uses charm 2-3 time then use a low powered attack. and you need luck  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:06 am
Nadian
Goddess Lia
Jackalope2
Goddess Lia

Well, Umbreon, Absol, or Smeargle could Mean Look (or Smeargle could Block) and then Baton Pass it to another pokemon.

Good idea, will try it tonight xd

@Insane: I don't want to use attacks on them since last time i killed Mesprit and i had to reboot because of it
I find that Mesprit is weak against attacks...  

Goddess Lia

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:15 am
Goddess Lia
Nadian
Goddess Lia
Jackalope2
Goddess Lia

Good idea, will try it tonight xd

@Insane: I don't want to use attacks on them since last time i killed Mesprit and i had to reboot because of it
I find that Mesprit is weak against attacks...

Looks like the way you make each of these pokemon...

-Smeargle simply traces the two moves, obviously.
-Absol obtains both moves from a male Umbreon parent that has both moves.
-Umbreon learns the moves by learning Baton Pass as a level 36 Eevee and Mean Look as a level 57 Umbreon.

At level 57, an Umbreon would be too high a level to use Repel in order to battle only the legendary runner you're looking for. You probably want an Absol or Smeargle anyways since they've got better speed to work with.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:42 am
Going to solve my Problem by transferring the MasterBall from 3rd gen game with my friends. It will be hard work but it will solve my problem right now i have the one from Diamond and one from Emerald that a friend gave me since all he is doing is transfering his pokemon to his diamond.
Will work on getting the rest for getting the rest of the Ubers  

Goddess Lia

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:22 pm
Sounds like a plan. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:41 pm
xd
Yup.  

Goddess Lia

Dracomancer Barrelex

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:10 am
Personally, i use the "kindred manouver". what this means is that if Azelf/Uxie is in your party, then Mespirit will make more frequent appearances. its an unusual method thaty seemed to work. but yes, get Crobat, hes weak against them which is a good thing. using poison fang+mean look while they sleep won't give them the posion status, and its physical, which most psychics don't do well with.  
"PPP" Peoples' Pokemon Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games