Reply "ALI" Advice for Life Issues
New job and really cheap boss

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shani26

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:46 pm
I started a new job at babybisiting. It is for one years old baby. My boss (her mom an dad), told me they will be needing me for 3 times a week for 4 hours they wanted me to clear all my mornings for them, accept one day that i studdies .
I said "ok" started to work, and here is the deal.
Instead of 3 times a week i got 2 times instead of 4 hours i get 3 and half hours.
They tell me the days on starday night so i can't plan my week ahead.
I love this people love the work, just have a feeling they are trying to pay me less then i desrve.

Should i tell them now i don't like this deal or should i wait a month and then tell them?
If i tell them now i will feel beter and know where i stand with them. Mybe they will feel i am ok saying things and not keeping bad energy.
If i tell them later when i feel more confidence at my job. Mybe they will be more willing to listen to me, and i don't get faired. but when you astablish bad habbit it is hard to change them afterwords.
I am really bad at this stuff, my boss see my face and my smile they know i am having fun at my job, so they think it is a good reason not to pay me.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:34 am
You should tell them now and get that out of the way. I use to babysit my nephew in the summer. he was an awesome kid. tantrums every now and then but it was normal. the problem was that my brother use to pay me very little. actually it was insane what he use to pay me and i use to watch the kid 24hrs a day monday to friday. and on top of that he didn't want me to go anywhere with that kid so i spent most of my summer stuck at home babysitting. It wasn't worth it so a month later i just quit. i wish i didn't accept the offer in the first place.  

Anabethe

shani26

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:24 am
Meleny it is a bit difrent with me. First of all we agree on money per hour. So they know they have to pay me!
Seconed it is in the morning and they want me to take the child outside to play with other kids.
Third I need to study so i am not going to babysit 24h.
When i work for others i try to be carefull with the money, cuz poeple are ganrous with giving you a job but not so ganrous when it comes to paying...  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:36 pm
On an opposing view, I actually think that you should wait a little while (not necessarily a month), and see if you can eventually adjust the schedule and amount of pay. Maybe try it for a week or two before making a decision that could go wrong.
If you really find that you dislike the payment plan, approach them in a non-confrontational way. Kindly explain to them that you would like more pay than you're getting or ask if you can go back to the original four-hour schedule. If you discuss this with them in a positive way, you're more likely to get a positive result.
If they refuse and you're still not comfortable with the job, try to find a new babysitting job before you let your current "employers" know that you're quitting.

Nariko914

shani26

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:08 pm
Well i talk to them, and we decided they let me know whats going on in the next week on friday, so that is ok.
About the hours, now i am back studing and i have a lesson in tuesday in noon, so i decided not to say anything about the hours untill i have more of them...
Anyway it is sumer now, and i am taking the baby to a garden for most of the hours, and come back just before the mom comes back, so if she comes back sooner, there will be no one at home waiting.
Just today we talk and she said i can do everythin in the garden, feed the child, change dipper, and so on. So this is really good news for me, cuz i love to be in the garden with the child, and she learns a lot there.  
"ALI" Advice for Life Issues

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games