Do you believe in God?
  Yes
  No
  Unsure
View Results

x-RainKissed-X

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:03 am
- Is there a God?

Yes, I think so. Though many would argue for me to prove it- well the Bible is one form of proof, again some maybe skeptical with that too. I believe in him, not only because of the Bible but the world(nature) around us and my own relationship with him :3
Someone had to create all the beauty of nature; The flowers, trees, the sky, seasons, animals...I don't believe it to be just a fluke of atoms and molecules on their own accord.

- Who is God?

Love. Above all else love. :3
He is a father like figure and he created the universe and all the people who ever lived or will live.
God is kind, and loving, merciful, and forgiving to those who turn to him.
God loves all his people, even if they hate him. The only thing God hates is
Evil itself and Sin itself.

Another way to give him some vision is this, I heard it once and it sums up the idea of God as well and our relationship with him.

If you took all the mothers and fathers in the expansion of all time, and picked the best attributes and qualities from all of them ( like being kind,loving,understanding,comforting, forgiving etc...) and put all those things together it would be only a glimpse of Gods Shadow to to he really is.
:3

Also his love and mercy for us is unfathomable, we can't even comprehend it as humans.

I bring up love a lot because it is a big part of who God is, I'm not being redundant.

- What powers does God possess?

Well, I may not know all of Gods powers but I do know-nothing is impossible for God. So therefore, everything in God is possible- I guess he has a lot of powers and abilities :3  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:30 am
akira-otomo
Maybe ... I don't know. For the time being, I'm an atheist, but I suppose that if I want a happy life that I should follow a religion. I think that really, there is no "afterlife", we just die, we stop living, we have no soul, we become a life-less shell and bodies get buried in the ground and rot. But if I believed in a religion, then there would be an after-life, a heaven or hell, something to look forward to, to be with God.
Looking at burial for religious reasons, we plant the bodies in the ground so that new life can come from the earth (Copyright FFVII ...).
But what if there is a God, what if he/she/it gave me the life I have, and this is how I repay the Supreme Being?
Back to one of the earlier posts, "I believe there is something bigger, better, ect. But is it God?", there is always someone or something better, something important, your parents, boy- and girlfriends, husbands, wives, those who know more, family, friends, ect. Pets are probably the best things that matter to you with pets, but they get the most s**t the world has ever seen. People don't appreciate that pets and animals have lives to. Every time you crush a fly, kick a dog, flick a bee, think that someone or something has taken their time to make that animal you just hurt, maybe not God, but the parents. Fellow humans get tortured every day, insulted, hurt, killed, someone or something made them too, taken their time to create that person and when you insult that person, you insult their makers for making them in-perfectly.
If there is a god, why do they let bad things happen, the attack on the World Trade Center, the Izmit Earthquake, the death and starvation everyday, to the innocent people who do nothing wrong, the believers, the dis-believers, they are treated alike, the sinners and the do-gooders, so why are those who just live their life in harmony with everybody else are killed and tortured for nothing, they do nothing wrong yet are prosecuted for the wrongs of others, tell me, would a god, would the God do this to innocent people?
But maybe there is a God, one that makes people live in harmony, to show others the error of their ways. "Deliver us from evil", they are sacrificed to keep others safe, the needs of the one or the needs of the many?

This matter is hard to explain >_<
The evil things in the world are not God's doing, they are the Devils. God can do no evil.
Also bear with me on this concept. As far as what people do that is evil is within people- God gave us free will- he is not responsible for what people do. However, that does not mean that God doesn't interfere and have affect in our lives.
The reason ( or how I have been told) that bad things are allowed to happen is for a greater good to come of it. Again I know this concept sounds off but let me finish.
God tries to show everyone that even when evil things happen, whatever they may be, Good will always override it and defeat it.

For example: A tornado hits part of a city and wipes out about 50 peoples homes. Well, those people are now homeless- this is a bad thing, but it's only temporary. Soon people from all over will come and help those victims and help them rebuild their home. Theres even proof of these things because if you take a look at the Greens burg Tornado in Kansas ( I found out about it on the news) Many people went to greens burg to clean up and help rebuild.
Yes those people lost their homes, but they gained more afterwards. It showed that people do care and these people grow closer with one another and even in the worst of situations Good can come out of it and override the bad things that happen.

This concept is hard to grasp and maybe I'm not the best one to explain it >_< Maybe telling you would have been easier but at least consider that concept to better understand why bad things are allowed to happen.

Just as God allows things to happen I believe he also does not allow things to happen that are bad, like I said God still does interfere in our lives but it's always for a good reason.

lastly your questions-
"If there is a God, am I doing wrong? Am I going to be sent to hell? But if I am, will God ever forgive me?"

I'm not one to judge, but , as far as 'doing wrong' well we all do bad things. Not all people from birth knew God or had a relationship with him. Some people find God late in their lives, but the matter of living or what your doing kind of depends. I can't say your living wrong because I don't know how you live, or much about you as a person. Maybe at most I could say that there is a way to live 'better' or more righteously. As far as your second question, no one but God can answer that for certain. Lastly, absolutely yes. God will forgive you if you are sincere and repent. Gods capacity to forgive is unlimited and he will forgive you of anything if you truly are sorry about it. God loves you and is very merciful.
That is why Jesus died for our sins, God gave us his only son so we could be forgiven of all sins, and the wonderful thing is, it's absolutely free and meant for everyone :3  

x-RainKissed-X

King Robert Silvermyst

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:13 pm
- Is there a God? Yes
- Who is God? Netjer
- What powers does God possess? Netjer is like the universe, too vast for us to even attempt to truly comprehend. However, so that we may understand Him better, He comes to us in His Aspects, the Gods and Goddesses. Each and all are seperate unto themselves, but all are Netjer. In doing this, we develop a deep, personal relationship with Netjer. And as we do good to others and spread peace, love, honesty and justice, we spread Ma'at, the concept of all that is right and order in the universe. Opposed to Ma'at is isfet, which is chaos and wrongfulness, otherwise known as sin.  
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:42 am
I'm an atheist. I don't feel the need to follow a God, for if I'm wrong, than the all-forgiving God should forgive me anyways. xD  

A Fluorescent Adolescent

azrael the reaper_95210

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:12 am
A Fluorescent Adolescent
I'm an atheist. I don't feel the need to follow a God, for if I'm wrong, than the all-forgiving God should forgive me anyways. xD

Im a christian, but I am very open to others opinions, even athiests. However, despite my being a christian, I am open enough to believe that I could very well be wrong, as no one religion has any more proof than any other. If I am wrong, and u r right, then nothing happens, If I am right, good for me. If another religion is right, then Im still fine with that as well. Heck, I sort of wonder at times if ANY of us are even remotly close!!!  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:50 pm
Well this naturally being a very personal question, I personally think there is a God or a higher power of some sort in the sky. There are many reasons why I believe this and one of the main facts is just to have hope behind what is actually there. Death close to me, I want to know they have a place to go, and they are watching over me. Also towards when my death comes, that there is a place where we all go and get reunited again.

When you ask who is God, that is a very huge question. God can vary to people. Some may picture him as a spiritual being, but with human characteristics, or some may picture him in the world around. In my case I picture him as a spiritual being, but I don't view a person when I think of him, I just look into the sky, and I view him in all the nature and beautiful things we have in this world.

When you ask what powers God posses, I think its not really any power, besides that he has the choice of making us live or die. He puts us in this life gives us the free will, and we choose basically everything we want. Though one might conclude choosing if someone lives or dies is a power, then so be it otherwise I think he is basically an unique person.

When we want to deny God or a higher power sometime in our life we will find ourselves crying out to help, but who are we crying to. In our hearts we must believe that someone is listening. So technically when people say they don't believe in a higher power, or unsure of it, what is that very thing you find yourself reaching out to from time to time, and it shouldn't always be in your time of need.

Raw_Chick

rex_brandy

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:26 pm
ookami ashi

So recently, some people asked me if I believed in God. However, I wasn't sure how to answer. I feel like there is something higher, but I'm not sure if it's God.

Points to Discuss:
- Is there a God?
No, I do not think so.
- Who is God?
Nothing Living.
- What powers does God possess?
None.
- If there is a higher power, but not God, what it is?
I belive there may be something supernatural but it is not called GOD.

I agree with your last sentence in the top paragraph.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:10 am
Well I'm strange (always have been) I've studied up on a few religions and I couldn't really find one that fit my way of life. I don't believe in god but I do believe in a higher power. So I, being the weirdo I am, decided to make my own religion (yeah that's me for ya) but I do accept that I might be wrong so I'm agnostic too I guess. I just really couldn't find a religion that worked for me so I just made my own.

signed and I hate people that try and shove their religions down other peoples throat, they're so annoying.
Zylo the Wolfbane  

Zylo the Wolfbane

Eternal Rose514

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:29 pm
I do believe that there is a God or higher power of some sort, I just don't think that He lifts his hand and interferes in our lives. I think that he's letting us learn for ourselves what to do, what's right/wrong, etc. I don't think that anyone can really say what is or is not. It's for us, as people, to figure out what we believe for ourselves not for other people to tell us what to believe. As of yet, I don't think I'm really totally sure what exactly I believe, but I guess I'll figure it out sooner or later smile  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:37 pm
Under the vote i had said no to believing in God, in actuality i dont know what to say for the presence of this divine being is mixed. People claim to have been answered by him others wonder why no answer calls and those people are not the sinners for sin resides in us and forgiveness balances the sin. In all truth we as humankind ponder and ponder the questions, our existence, this higher being, how we came about in the world, but the answer is never given. People who believe they know in some sense are unwise to the idea for whatever proof we try and give to prove our reasoning for these questions is left unanswered. These facts lead to another fact, a pro and a con it continues as an argument. So, where am I going with this. Simply put, i do not know the answer to this higher beings existence for i know nothing, but in a case I ask you all do you know the answer to this higher being or do you know nothing and stick to what maybe right and wrong? I ask you all this question for those who stop by and try to answer this question i posed of this higher being. Think carefully for the answer you may pose as the correct solution may end up always reversed and in some cases disproven by another answer that has the same result as your answer.  

FF Turk_Panto

"PDF" § Philosophy & Discussions subForum §

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces